Effect of a single injection of testosterone enanthate on 17β estradiol and bone turnover markers

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Effect of a single injection of testosterone enanthate on 17β estradiol and bone turnover markers

It is interesting to see for the first time that some men do not have increases in estradiol after a shot of testosterone. 9 out of 21 were in this group. They are also the ones with lower T peak values.

I have not read the whole paper to see what estradiol test they used and if there is something in those 9 men that differentiates them from the rest at baseline.

Effect of a single injection of testosterone enanthate on 17β estradiol and bone turnover markers in hypogonadal male patients.

Camozzi V, et al
J Endocrinol Invest. 2014 Oct 16. [Epub ahead of print]

Abstract

PURPOSE: Several clinical studies testify the critical role played by estrogens in male bone metabolism. The aim of our study is to assess the effect of a single injection of testosterone enanthate in a group of hypogonadal men on 17β estradiol serum levels and some bone metabolic parameters.

METHOD: Twenty-one hypogonadal males were given one testosterone enanthate injection (250 mg). Blood samples were drawn before the injection and after 1, 2 and 3 weeks. The following variables were measured: Total testosterone (TT), 17β estradiol (17β E2), Sex hormone binding globulin, total alkaline phosphatase, osteocalcin, and C-telopeptide of type I collagen (CTx).

RESULTS: After testosterone injection, both TT and 17β E2 increased, peaking 1 week after the injection. Individual observation of the response of 17β E2 to testosterone showed that a subgroup (n = 9) failed to respond with any increase in 17β E2 at any of the weekly tests (group E2-), while the remainder (n = 12) showed a significant increase in 17β E2, which reached a mean value three times higher than at baseline (group E2+). The E2- patients reached a TT peak lower than that observed in the E+ group. CTx serum levels declined progressively in the E2+ group, reaching the significance (p = 0.03) at the end of the study, while it did not change in E- group.

CONCLUSION: This study suggests that a single injection of testosterone might have different effects on the production of endogenous estrogens, and a significant reduction of bone resorption parameters takes place only in the patients who show a significant increase of 17ß estradiol in response to testosterone administration.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
This is very interesting, I would also like to read the entire paper. It would be good to see if there is predictability in how men will respond. Although AIs are over prescribed in our world there are definitely some men who need an AI due to a significant spike in E2 along with slow clearance. I can ask Dr Saya if he had observed any patterns over the past few years of treating mostly men.

I may have overlooked it but I didn't see the dose of enanthate injected? How is T peaking one week post injection with ~5 day half life? I can understand E2 peaking one week later due to the timing and conversion process

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me