Article: Testosterone Oils: Cottonseed vs Sesame Seed Oils

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
enanthate or cypionate

Since enanthate is made with sesame oil and cypionate is made with cottonseed oil, would it be best to use enanthate? Is the amount of cottonseed oil small enough to not have a negative effect on my body?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Hi Vince. My name is Jasen and I have worked in a compounding pharmacy and have worked with compounders for roughly 8 years. Most manufactured testosterone injectables are suspended in cottonseed or sometimes sesame seed oil. Both of these oils are sterilized and pass USP standards, but they are indeed "cheaper" oils typically used in mass produced testosterone. Compounding pharmacies can use any oil you and your physician request, like grapeseed and sesame oils. The amount of the oil injected should not be a concern as it is such as small amount, which the body will metabolize, and it is sterilized of impurities. Unless you are allergic to the oil itself than I would not be concerned at all. If you are allergic to cottonseed than you will want to choose another oil to avoid a reaction.

Although you did not ask about the difference between testosterone enanthate and cypionate, here is a link which discusses the different testosterone esters: http://defymedical.com/resources/health-articles/187-common-injectable-testosterone-esters

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks for the post Jason. Very informative. I just feel that, even though the amount is small, cottonseed oil would not be the oil I would prefer. I just wouldn't feel comfortable because of it's possible affect on my lipid panel.

Would your doctor be willing to write your prescription for a compounded testosterone? You can get both Cypionate and Enanthate in Grapeseed or sesame seed oil. The prescription should be written as follows:

Testosterone Cypionate (or Enanthate) 200mg/ml X 10ml in grapeseed oil

Most compounding pharmacies who make injectables can provide testosterone. There is also a pharmacy referral thread on this forum if you need it.

Dava

I know this is old, but i swapped from regular t-enanthate to compounded cypionate and now get much less irritation and site pain...

Vince

Super Moderator
I know this is old, but i swapped from regular t-enanthate to compounded cypionate and now get much less irritation and site pain...
Hi Dava, when I started TRT on December 4th 2014. I decided on grapeseed oil and I've continued using that type of oil with my testosterone Cypionate injections.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Benzoic acid hypersensitivity, benzyl alcohol hypersensitivity, polyoxyethylated castor oil hypersensitivity, serious hypersensitivity reactions or anaphylaxis, sesame oil hypersensitivity, soya lecithin hypersensitivity
There is a risk of serious hypersensitivity reactions or anaphylaxis with the use of testosterone undecanoate (Aveed) oil for injection. These allergic reactions can occur after any injection of testosterone undecanoate during the course of therapy, including after the first dose. Observe patients in the healthcare setting for 30 minutes after an Aveed injection in order to provide appropriate medical treatment in the event of serious hypersensitivity reactions or anaphylaxis. The Aveed injection contains benzyl benzoate, the ester of benzyl alcohol and benzoic acid, and refined castor oil. Therefore, testosterone undecanoate use is contraindicated in patients with polyoxyethylated castor oil hypersensitivity, benzoic acid hypersensitivity, or benzyl alcohol hypersensitivity. Patients with suspected hypersensitivity reactions should not be re-treated with testosterone undecanoate injection. The testosterone enanthate injections are contraindicated in patients with sesame oil hypersensitivity. The manufacturers of certain testosterone products (i.e., AndroGel and Striant) state that their products are contraindicated in patients with soybean, soy, or soya lecithin hypersensitivity because they are derived partially from soy plants.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me