Can HCG Stop Working After Long Term Use in Men?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
LONG TERM HCG- Does it stop working due to testicle Leydig cell desensitization?

how_to_inject_testosterone_sermorelin_hcg.jpg

This study of two people did not show issues after 23 months of high doses:

A STUDY OF HUMAN TESTICULAR FUNCTION BY THE USE OF HUMAN MENOPAUSAL GONADOTROPHIN AND OF HUMAN CHORIONIC GONADOTROPHIN IN MALE HYPOGONADOTROPHIC EUNUCHOIDISM AND INFANTILISM in: European Journal of Endocrinology Volume 53 Issue 2 (1966)

ABSTRACT
Two adult men with severe hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism (persisting infantilism) were observed during long-term treatment with chorionic gonadotrophin (HCG) (23 and 6 months respectively) followed by treatment with human menopausal gonadotrophin (HMG) (for 7 and 12 months) and finally by combined treatment with HMG plus HCG (for 12 and 9 months). A study of hormone excretion, testicular biopsies and the clinical course showed that HMG given alone had little effect. Development of the testicular tubules was dependent upon the addition of HCG to the HMG, and the combined treatment induced a complete gonadal maturation. This LH action is presumably a direct effect on the tubules rather than indirect through Leydig cell stimulation. HMG acts synergistically with HCG in Leydig cell stimulation, and the results thus indicate a close interaction between FSH and LH on all testicular elements. No lasting effect of the long-term treatment was found. HMG has no antigenic properties in the human.

This additional study showed no long term reduction in efficacy:

From: Smals et al. THE EFFECT OF SHORT AND LONG TERM HUMAN CHORIONIC GONADOTROPHIN (HCG) ADMINISTRATION ON PLASMA TESTOSTERONE LEVELS IN KLINEFELTER'S SYNDROME
European Journal of Endocrinology, Dec 1974. Page(s): 753–764Volume/Issue: Volume 77: Issue 4

ABSTRACT
The effect of acute (1500 IU/day for 3 days) and chronic HCG administration (1500 IU, 3 times weekly) on plasma testosterone levels in patients with Klinefelter's syndrome was compared with the response observed in patients with hypogonadotrophic eunuchoidism and in eugonadal male controls. Basal plasma testosterone levels in the Klinefelter patients were significantly lower than in the control subjects and significantly higher than in the patients with secondary hypogonadism. In all but one Klinefelter patient the plasma LH levels were markedly elevated even in the presence of normal testosterone levels. No significant correlation could be demonstrated between the plasma testosterone concentrations and the LH levels in the Klinefelter patients. Short term HCG administration resulted in a significant increase in the plasma testosterone levels in each of the 3 groups studied, independent of the basal value. The absolute increase in the Klinefelter patients was quantitatively comparable to that in the patients with secondary hypogonadism, but significantly lower than in the eugonadal controls. During long term HCG treatment the plasma testosterone levels definitely increased in both patient groups, but remarkably in the Klinefelter patients testosterone levels tended to decrease on continuing treatment, though in most patients testosterone levels remained higher than the pre-treatment values. The data on the effect of acute and chronic HCG administration on plasma testosterone levels in this study illustrate again that Leydig cells in Klinefelter's syndrome still retain a functional reserve, though less than in eugonadal males.

This old study in rats probably fueled the misconception popular in other online forums about HCG desensitization, but at this relatively high dose in rat cells (IU/Kg), HCG receptor occupancy returned to normal after 120 hours. How can we extrapolate to humans?

Haour et al, hCG-Dependent regulation of gonadotropin receptor sites: Negative control in testicular leydig cells. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, Volume 7, Issue 1, March 1977, Pages 17-24

Abstract
A single injection of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG 500 IU) to prepubertal male rats increases plasma testosterone level and decreases hCG receptors in the testicular Leydig cells for more than 120 h. Injected hCG, measured in plasma using a specific radioreceptor assay for gonadotropins, is maximal at 2 h and decreases thereafter with an apparent half-life of 16 h. Plasma testosterone exhibits a rapid increase (30–40 ng/ml) within 1 h after hCG injection. A delayed paradoxical increase (20–30 ng/ml) is observed between 48 and 120 h after the injection. The number of hCG binding sites in the isolated Leydig cells membranes decreases to less than 10% of the control value within 10 h and remains almost undetectable until 96 h after hCG injection. The reappearance of the binding sites is observed around 120 h. Similar, but less pronounced effects are found after the injection of 10 IU hCG. Since receptor occupancy cannot explain such a phenomenon, it is concluded that hCG is exerting a negative control on its own receptors in the Leydig cells.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Click on these links for more information about HCG use in men:
The Use of HCG to Prevent / Reverse Testicular Shrinkage and Preserve Fertility

Dosing and freq of T and HCG

how to use hcg with T Gels

First blood work after adding testosterone to HCG solo treatment

How to mix my HCG?

Hcg ?

HCG monotherapy: Good first option for a Secondary case?

Now on TRT plus HCG to preserve fertility

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, Pregnenelone and DHEA – By Gene Devine

Why is it good to take HCG with testosterone replacement?

Dr. has no problems with me buying hcg from him but wont give me a handwritten prescription for it

HCG use in testosterone stimulation and restoration

Reputable Online supplier of HCG

Getting OFF testosterone questions

Prions in hcg

HCG How long until it starts to work

Testosterone and HGC

Converting HCG units - mcg to IU

How to travel with T and HCG?

HCG Injections: Morning or night. Does it matter?

struggling with hcg solo treatment, feel very sick, please help

hCG Expiration

Clomid vs hcg

Testosterone and hCG Mix

Sublingual HCG

Two Studies That Used HCG with Testosterone

Cost and availability of HCG

Good Online Source For HCG Inj

HCG Starting Dose

How to mix 11,000iu HCG vial?

HCG and Hematocriti

Testapel and HCG to Keep Testicle Size

HCG--Does it expire/lose potency if too old or not refriger'd?

Article: Why many doctors do not prescribe HCG or anastrozole

Can you inject HCG and hgh together?

Best days to use HCG, when inj. testosterone bi-weekly?

Cycling HCG

2 questions about hcg mono

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Dwilson

1 mg anastrozole twice per week is an overkill. Have you measured your estradiol via ultrasensitive assay? I bet if way low.

How much water did you add to your HCG? Meaning, how many IU's do .5 cc of your HCG contain?

I get that you are using 200 mg per week of testosterone cypionate.

Dwilson228

Dwilson

1 mg anastrozole twice per week is an overkill. Have you measured your estradiol via ultrasensitive assay? I bet if way low.

How much water did you add to your HCG? Meaning, how many IU's do .5 cc of your HCG contain?

I get that you are using 200 mg per week of testosterone cypionate.

No

I mix 1 cc with every 1 iu's so 5

yes

Pranayama

Hello Nelson: ​I have a Rx for HCG from Defy. How do I go about getting the free bottle? I do plan to have future orders shipped from Empower, which makes sense since I am in Houston, Tx.

I have not seen or felt a loss in potency or effectiveness since I began in a June. It's good to know that it seems to be effective over several years without desensitization.

Ross

hi nelson...like pranayama above i would also like to know how to get my free vile of hcg as you mentioned above. please let me know. thanks

Mr S

LONG TERM HCG- Does it stop working due to testicle Leydig cell desensitization?

View attachment 977

This study of two people did not show issues after 23 months of high doses: http://www.eje-online.org/content/53/2/315.short

This study showed no long term reduction in efficacy:
http://www.eje.org/content/77/4/753.short

This old study in rats probably fueled the misconception popular in other online forums about HCG desensitization, but at these doses in rat cells HCG receptor occupancy returned to normal after 120 hours. How can we extrapolate to humans?http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...03720777900727
What happens to the HPTA? Will it shut down or not at large doses? That’s the piece I fail to understand because that would make a huge difference in what one chooses to improve testosterone levels. At least for me

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me