Feedback needed on my lab results

Buy Lab Tests Online
D

DeMegaMan619

So this once again falls under me being too impatient. I have been on TRT since March of 2013 continiously untill May of this year. I was hospitalized for Diverticulitis in May. I stayed off until August 2nd. On that date I started taking 25 mg every four days. I should have waited because I did lab work on Aug 19th. Here is why I think I made a mistake.

Testosterone, Total, LC/MS/MS 649 (250 -1100)
Free Testosterone 142,7 (35-155)
Estradiol 44 (<39)

In your opinion(s), could I of had a successful restart or did starting TRT again on Aug 2nd have that much of an effect by the time I did my labs on Aug 19th? I had every intention on waiting until my labs were completed but that appointment kept getting pushed back. I have full lab results so let me know if any other info would be needed.

I don't know if 25 mg every four days is enough to get my testosterone that high. I am afraid I had a successful restart and then started trt again before realizing it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Well, let me first start off by saying why did you come off TRT in the first place? Was there some medical reason why you needed to come off of nice healthy levels of Testosterone serum levels only to crash yourself because of a diagnosis of Diverticulitis? If so, I'd be interested to know why.

Ok, that said; there is no "restarting" physiologically speaking when going back exogenous testosterone. Once you start TRT you are going to be HPTA suppressed and given that you were on a protocol for a year the likelihood of HPTA restarting on its own is very unlikely.

You start back-up with TRT, as in your case, and the body responds...that simple as your BW indicates.

No offence, but your line of questioning leads me to think you are not under a Physicians' care...if so, I don't think you would be asking these questions.

As for 25 mg per week, I assume you are injecting and if so you are getting a decent response for such a low dose.

You should post all of your labs from your last pull so we can jump in and tell you what we see.

Thanks man.

D

DeMegaMan619

Well, let me first start off by saying why did you come off TRT in the first place? Was there some medical reason why you needed to come off of nice healthy levels of Testosterone serum levels only to crash yourself because of a diagnosis of Diverticulitis? If so, I'd be interested to know why.

Diverticulitis is the quickest way to explain my situation. It wasn't simply a diagnosis. I was hospitalized for about a week and didn't have my test or hcg with me when I was admitted. At 39, that was my first sickness and/or ailment. I was stressed, scared, worried and my TRT wasn't the first thing on my mind. To be honest, for better or worse, I didn't think about it until almost June.

Ok, that said; there is no "restarting" physiologically speaking when going back exogenous testosterone. Once you start TRT you are going to be HPTA suppressed and given that you were on a protocol for a year the likelihood of HPTA restarting on its own is very unlikely.

You start back-up with TRT, as in your case, and the body responds...that simple as your BW indicates.

Ah, thank you! That is what I was concerned about. I didn't know if my body somehow started producing test on it's own while I was off TRT from May to Aug.

No offence, but your line of questioning leads me to think you are not under a Physicians' care...if so, I don't think you would be asking these questions.

No offense taken. I am under a doctor's care. As we all (should) know, sometimes there is better information here on this forum than from a doctor. My primary prescribed TRT for me. If I called today, I'd be lucky to get an appointment in September. I do talk with my doctor but sometimes its better, and a lot quicker, to ask questions here. That is why I frequent this forum so much.

As for 25 mg per week, I assume you are injecting and if so you are getting a decent response for such a low dose.

I am prescribed 200 mg per week. I am/was a little lost about starting my TRT again. So I have been doing 25 mg every four days subq. I was surprised with the lab results as well.

You should post all of your labs from your last pull so we can jump in and tell you what we see.

Thanks man.

No, thank you. I value your feedback. In case any of my reply came off snippy, please know that was not the intent. I am seeking information and you are taking time to reply.

If I did this correctly, the next two items should be screen shots of my labs.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Very nice kidney function and most lab values. Your HDL is very low (are you taking any supplements or anything else besides TRT?)

Your hematocrit is good. Have you donated blood in the past?

Your total and free T are good. Your E2 is not high enough to treat.

Your lower than normal calcium may indicate mild hypoparathyrodism. Are you taking Vitamin D?

D

DeMegaMan619

Very nice kidney function and most lab values. Your HDL is very low (are you taking any supplements or anything else besides TRT?)

GNC Mega Man Heart Vitapak
GNC Aloe Vera Gel soft gel 200:1 25 mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg Alpha-Lipoic Acid 200 mg
Potassium Gluconate 99mg
Cal-Mag-Zinc w/D3 (1000 mg-500mg-25mg-200iu)
L-Arginine 500 mg
GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil + Joint Support

Your hematocrit is good. Have you donated blood in the past?

Not in years.

Your total and free T are good. Your E2 is not high enough to treat.

Thanks, that is one of the things I wanted feedback on. I was happy to see that result.

Your lower than normal calcium may indicate mild hypoparathyrodism. Are you taking Vitamin D?

Yes, 1600 iu come in my Vitapak and 200 iu that comes in the CAL-Mag-ZINC supplement.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me