SHBG: who has successfully lowered their levels?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DHM

Feedback please from individuals that have lowered SHBG and what their protocol is/was.

I've searched and found: estrogen/AI medication, danazol, stinging nettle and milk thistle quoted, but I would like to see more applied examples to avoid unnecessary supplements and medication.

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
SHBG is very difficult to manage serum levels.

One can increase their weekly Testosterone injections to lower SHBG.

For guys who have higher levels of SHBG one weekly injection will help lower SHBG serum levels where guys who have lower SHBG levels twice weekly injections will help increase SHBG.

SHBG is one of those hormones where it finds its own level.

It's not one to really worry about to be totally honest as long as Free and Bio Available Testosterone are in good healthy levels.

DHM

Thanks Gene.

My specific concern is that I have total test levels undulating between 380 and 600 coupled with failing free T with every draw.

With the Clomid stim test, I doubled FSH, LH, TT, FT as well as raising SHBG another 15 units to 55.

I suspect it's NAFLD, possibly low insulin, and that I am a preferential aromatizer.

Im on long term Clomid to start and trying the figure out how to reduce the negative attributes that come from the estrogen agonist configuration of clomiphene.

Ive vey seen the use of proviron suggested, never been on gear. Danazol and arimidex as well.

Please keep the feedback and experiences coming!

Bass

lowering SHBG is easy, simply supplement with vitamin D. with drugs anavar or winny, but I doubt any doc will prescribe it. so vitamin is the way to go, and you need to take allot, maybe 10,000-20,000 iu ED. raising SHBG is nearly impossible without drugs (not sure if there are any!) unless you lower T dose.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
OP, would be curious where your SHBG is at? Also, as mentioned from Bass, vitamin D is 'crucial' with SHBG and management thereof. Just to cover the bases, run your metabolic, CBC's and lipids. It would be good to see your current numbers, and get an idea how the liver, kidneys and other areas look. This IMO would be essential before considering any oral treatment(s) to manage SHBG.

txmx

Bass, Chris, others, question on the Vit. D. All my numbers are ok except for Tot T (523) low Free T (8.4) due to high SHBG (55). I currently take 6,000 iu Vit D ED and my level is at 69. If I were to bump up to say 10,000 iu Vit D ED, would that significantly help lower SHBG? Will that cause any probs with blood level of Vit D getting too high (if I remember, I think limit is 100?). Thanks.

DHM

VC, always above 40. I hit the mid 50s on the 5 day stim. E2 has always been mid 20s. Already on 6000IU d3 plus D-boron. Kidney levels are fine, ALT has been high the last 4 draws (55-75) with no excercise. Glucose has been high normal.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
DHM, yeah, the ALT might be an indicator that your liver is seeing some stress. Are you taking any medications or drinking a fair amount? Is your AST also elevated? Look at getting plenty of Omegas in your diet, keep an eye of the carbs, and possibly add some Nettle Root if your physician signs off on it. I would think some nettle root in conjunction with a little more vitamin D3 (maybe 10,000iu) 'might' help get your SHBG going the right way if your physician signs off on it.

DHM

No medication and no drinking, I've had normal ALT in the past, AST is in normal range.

I have another draw in about a month. Upping d3 and adding nettle, any suggestions for good nettle?

DHM

Yup, this is what I'm afraid of. Verbal diarrhea of supplement use where the only change is a lighter wallet, who out there has seen a change with significant change with nettle?

DHM

Thanks Nelson.

I was told in the consultation danazol would shutdown the Axis. Opted out for now.

10k D3 is the current protocol, I'll report back in a month.

sergey

Thanks Nelson.

I was told in the consultation danazol would shutdown the Axis. Opted out for now.

10k D3 is the current protocol, I'll report back in a month.

DHT, did you get any results from high doses of Vitamin D or smth else?

johnnyfit

If you would like to know what off the charts is. When tested in February my total testosterone was 900 and change my free was 4.9. The culprit was high shbg in the 170's. After 6 weekly injections 4@ 160,1@200 and 1@180. My through was 1248 with free @ 10.4 or so and shbg was in the 130s. These numbers are from memory. Just started taking nettle sourced by a pharmacy. So we shall see what happens.

txmx

Any published studies on Vit D lowering SHBG? I have tried up to 10k units (Vit D level 69), now doing 4k units (Vit D level 58), SHBG is at 55-65. Anything published on how much lower SHBG would go at Vit D levels between 10k and 20k. Thanks.

DHM

Sorry I'm late to the party. Just had my first SHBG panel in about a year.

Update: Managing my TAT symptoms with 4mg of Anastrazol a week, 12.5g clomid every 10 days, and 75-150mg of armadofinil daily if needed.

Armadofinil keeps me normal, exactly how I want to feel but I grind my teeth like a coke addict. The AI keeps the bloat down for me. Not sure if the Clomid works, I've gone
Cold turkey and get a mean tension headache when I'm off SERMs for about 2 weeks.

My last panel measured 2.5 weeks without Clomid.

- E2sensitive was at the lower threshold (8.2)
- FT at 6.2 (Low flag labcorp)
- Total T at 490
- SHBG at 55
- LH flagged high as well(??)
- glucose 94

I'm going to explore two options moving forward. (1) Danazol prescription (2) Low dose daily Metformin.

I'm willing to try Danazol in order to lower the count and observe any differences. I realize I might crash the HPAX with it but I've been on Clomid going on 4 years with no significant difference in life quality.

I think I've been running a fairly high resting glucose. I'd like to lower that with metformin supplementation and observe any changes.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me