First blood work after adding testosterone to HCG solo treatment

Buy Lab Tests Online

paco

Thyroid Panel

All electrolytes appear to be normal, based on several tests. I have not tested ACTH, Aldosterone or Renin.

I've attached my thyroid labs in two parts. I had a TSH test before these that showed TSH at 2.06 uIU/ML (0.450-4.50). Based on all of this, I've surmised that I am mild hypothyroid. My doctor acknowledged this but said there didn't seem to be sufficient rationale to treat. So, we have not yet tried treating thyroid with anything, and adding pregnenolone is the only thing we've tried for cortisol.

Attachments

• Thyroid panel pt. 1.jpg
    Thyroid panel pt. 1.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 996
  • Thyroid panel pt. 2.jpg
    Thyroid panel pt. 2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 933
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Paco, at a glance, your FT4 is at 39% of the reference range, your FT3 is at 46% of the reference range. The ratio of Reverse T3 indicates that your T3 might be pooling just a bit. This could be attributed to the adrenals and your recent cortisol circadian and cortisol burden value assessment.

Actually, I might have expected RT3 to be a bit more elevated with the previous cortisol labs, so maybe a little work on getting your adrenals in order, then you can get work on getting both FT3 & FT4 up above 50%, and get more T3 activity in the cells and promotion of ATP. I'd personally refrain from getting too deep into any thyroid treatment (NDT or other form) until you get a plan of action established with you and your physician.

Adding a thyroid treatment regiment could be adding fuel to the fire if the supporting components are not in order, and we don't want to see the FT3/RT3 ratio go any lower than what we currently see (I believe around 17'sh ... Looking for 20 or even 25 and higher), which could happen if the body starts pushing back, prompting T4 to convert a higher rate of RT3. I find Selenium and D3 to be good supplements to compliment this area when getting it all put together.

Do a little research with your doctor to see what works best for you. If NDT treatment becomes a talking point, let us know, plenty of us here administer Armour and other variations of NDT medication.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Also, not seeing anything that indicates an autoimmune issue from your antibodies results, you "should" be good to go unless there's something I'm not seeing.

paco

Thanks for looking at this, Chris. This is where my head has been and also what my doctor has advised - Work on getting testosterone and cortisol balanced first, then deal with thyroid if it seems needed. Glad to have another opinion!

HarryCat

Adding a thyroid treatment regiment could be adding fuel to the fire if the supporting components are not in order, and we don't want to see the FT3/RT3 ratio go any lower than what we currently see (I believe around 17'sh ... Looking for 20 or even 25 and higher), which could happen if the body starts pushing back, prompting T4 to convert a higher rate of RT3. I find Selenium and D3 to be good supplements to compliment this area when getting it all put together.

Chris, what is you opinion on adding iodine and/or tyrosine in a situation like Paco's? I've read Dr. Brownstein's book and he's convinced we're all deficient in iodine. Although I don't agree with the mega-doses he recommends. I think a dose more in line with a high iodine diet is more appropriate.

paco

For further context, I apply 10 drops of Lugol's iodine (2.5%) to the skin daily. According to what is typically believed to be the typical absorption rate, I am getting about 2.5 mg iodine per day. I don't believe I've noticed any effect, negative or positive, from this, and I've been doing it for more than six months. And, I am also skeptical about the megadoses recommended by Dr. Brownstein and others, but it's hard to know how to evaluate their recommendations against others'.

HarryCat

For further context, I apply 10 drops of Lugol's iodine (2.5%) to the skin daily. According to what is typically believed to be the typical absorption rate, I am getting about 2.5 mg iodine per day. I don't believe I've noticed any effect, negative or positive, from this, and I've been doing it for more than six months.

You experience is the same as mine. I had stopped taking thyroid meds for a while a few years ago and did a 24hr urine collection iodine test. It showed I was low, so I took 1 12.5mg iodoral tablet everyday for 3 months, then retested. The results were exactly the same, which lead me to believe that the test was bogus.

I felt no different before or after taking the iodine. Moved on to finding the right thyroid med for me. I suppose in marginal cases where the thyroid gland is still in relatively good shape, and is just starved of iodine, it can work. I've just not heard of any such cases.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Chris, what is you opinion on adding iodine and/or tyrosine in a situation like Paco's? I've read Dr. Brownstein's book and he's convinced we're all deficient in iodine. Although I don't agree with the mega-doses he recommends. I think a dose more in line with a high iodine diet is more appropriate.

Harry, it's interesting that you asked .. A few years back, prior to any thyroid meds or treatment of any kind, I was in the sub-clinical crowd with a TSH at/around 5.20. At that point I started adding kelp with iodine and 200mcg of Selenium/day. Immediately, my TSH dropped into the low 3's, then high 2's shortly thereafter.

Here's a blog read from STTM.com on iodine and the supplements that support it .. http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/2013/12/29/companion-nutrients-the-key-to-iodine-protocol/
I'm on-board with the selenium, vitamin C and magnesium. The only Niacin I get is in food (chicken, mushrooms, etc.) and the daily multi-vitamin.

I think Dr. Brownstein is on to something with the vast population being deficient. It's kind of like Vitamin D3. I don't think I see anyone who is over 40 on their D3 without direct supplementation. Isn't his dosage recommendation in the 50mg/day area?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me