Greetings from Dubai

Buy Lab Tests Online

KCdxb

Hi All,

just wanted to say a quick Hi, I am a 48 year old British male based in Dubai and been on TRT for the past 8 months. My initial blood tests indicated low Testosterone, low Thyroid (debatable) and low DHEA amongst other results, these have lead to taking Enanthanate every 7 days, 2 grains of T4/T3 (80%/20%) daily and 25mg DHEA daily. I appreciate to see the bigger picture I will need to post my full bloodworks, once I have worked out how to do that I will post.

One quick question I have and I dare say this has been asked on numerous occasions, I still need to work my way through the forum, my Doc insists he only looks at Total T and not Free T but every book and article I have read over the past 12 months has said Free T needs to be considered. My initial bloodworks had Free T measured at 10pg/ml of a range of 4.5 to 42pg/ml, SHBG at 62.59nmol/L of range 14.5 to 48.4nmol/l and Total T at 497ng/dl of range 285 to 801. One factor that makes me think Free T is not good my Body Fat is up at 22.4%, initially 26.2%, I train with weights 5 days per week and sprint ( more like a jog these days) 2-3 times per week plus follow a Paleo diet, good sleep, Vit D3 etc. one other factor I think is worth mentioning is my fasting blood sugar has always measured above range for the past 5 years 107mg/dl ( range 70-100).

sorry if this all seems a bit random but I am due to do some more blood tests and just want to make sure I am heading in the right direction.

before I sign off just wanted to say a big thanks to Nelson for his book, actually bought 2 years ago and read it and didn't really take it in, recently found it again and was n awesome read which really made sense, recommended to it a few of my friends who are in the same boat and they have just ordered.

KC

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Welcome to the group, KC! Glad you rediscovered the book!

Are those numbers obtained while you are on testosterone enanthate (what dose?) and T4/T3?

A fasting glucose of 107 mg/dl, as you know, is not indicative of diabetes but of potential pre-diabetes. Testosterone replacement can decrease fasting glucose, so hopefully that number will improve. Some doctors run a glucose tolerance test (GTT) to see how your body is metabolizing sugar and if you have insulin resistance.

What is you height, weight and waist size ?

Anyway, you can post blood work in the respective folder as text or attach it as an image or PDF file: http://www.excelmale.com/forums/58-Blood-Test-Discussion

Here are updated main "stickies" (main fact sheets) of information not found in the book: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/thr...ole-trimix-etc-fact-sheets-on-excelmale.1804/

KCdxb

Hi Nelson,

the numbers were from blood tests before treatment started. I need to go through my file with all the results in. I take 200 mg Enanthanate every 7 days, the T4/T3 I need to confirm the quantities of each but know it is a 80/20 ratio in favour of T4.

height is 5'10, weight 196 lb, waist 35inch.

rgds

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I hope you are already seeing a decrease in fat mass during the last 8 months of TRT+Thyroid meds. Have you? I know people in middle eastern countries eat very healthy (I love middle eastern food)

I am looking forward seeing your post with before and after blood analysis.

KCdxb

My initial BF% was 26.2%, after 8 months its down to 22.4%, although dropping I would have expected a bigger drop considering my diet and training. The BF readings I have raised as I have a very high Coranory Calcium reading and lowering my BF % is a big concern.

rgds

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
KCdxb

A drop of 4 percent of body fat in 8 months is not bad at all.

You will find this post about what to expect very interesting: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/threads/1519-How-long-does-testosterone-take-to-show-effects

You are already on your way to decreasing coronary calcium if you have lost weight and fat. Decreasing your LDL and increasing your HDL cholesterol to normal values are also excellent ways to improve calcium score. Taking fish oil, niacin, vitamin D, eating nuts daily, normalizing your testosterone and eating foods that increase nitric oxide (https://www.excelmale.com/forum/thr...creases-blood-pressure?highlight=nitric+oxide) are also sure ways to improve your calcium score.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Hi KC, welcome to the forum. By what you have described, it sounds like you're taking a Natural Dessicated Thyroid (NDT) medication, like Armour, ERFA, or Thyroid-S, which is more common in your part of the world. 1 grain is usually 60mg. I take Armour as well, which is right at that 80/20 ratio you mentioned. Yes, please post the labs if you have them. Regardless of where your labs fall into range, running and knowing your Reverse T3 level will be just as crucial. T3 is ultimately effective when it gets into the cells and promotes ATP. The FT3/RT3 ratio can be a good marker to let you know if T3 is active, or if pooling is occurring.

KCdxb

Excellent gents, thanks for the info. I will hopefully get the lab results up later today, in the right section. Much appreciated.

Jrose22

Hi there - I am also moving to Dubai very shortly. How many clinics did your research uncover? Did you find any that offer more frequent injections or just Nebido?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me