HCG use in testosterone stimulation and restoration

Buy Lab Tests Online

dogburrito

Per Eugene Shippen, in the case of secondary hypogonadism, HCG (which mimics LH) is useful in stimulating and/or restoring permanently testosterone production. This topic is covered briefly in Nelson's book and at length in Shippen's work.

I get the impression that Shippen's approach is like a tinkering surgeon in that he want's to do more than correct testosterone (he addresses other hormones and metabolic stuff.) I also get the impression that testosterone replacement is 95% of what most men deficient in testosterone really need.

I'm curious as to why Shippen is practically alone in following the HCG approach to correcting testosterone.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I have worked with a few physicians who use hcg mono therapy to restore testosterone. Effectiveness depends on testicular response. I also believe over a long period of time it will decrease in effectiveness if used solo. This decrease would be do to loss of testicular function due to aging, and possible decrease in receptor sensitivity (tolerance). The longest I was able to observe patients on mono therapy was 6 years and the decline in effectiveness seemed to happen to most, but certainly not all. Of course a few years of observation on a small population concludes little but it can at least provide some observational perspective.

Since hcg essentially causes negative feedback (secondary) just like testosterone supplementation I would think combination therapy would be the best choice. The use of concurrent hcg + testosterone will keep the suppression in the pituitary while maintaining intratesticular T. In my humble opinion the combination protocol provides the best efficacy with the sane degree of negative feedback (roughly), in addition to more consistent T levels among other benefits.

Last edited:

dogburrito

dogburrito first steps

Hi guys, thanks for the comments.

I am only now discovering that Shippen is not alone in using HCG therapy to boost low T, I'm unsure if I'll do mono therapy or not. I need a qualified doctor and clinic since the variables are adding up: (exonegeous testosterone, HCG, and testing the other hormones as well)

I've filled my script for testosterone (sub lingual 10mg/day) but have postponed using it. The best solution seems to possibly require HCG and testosterone (not to mention testing other hormones.) It's getting complex and I am intimidated.

Since I have HCG in hand I'm tempted to use (self medicating) it as a diagnostic round for 3 - 6 weeks and see if testosterone is boosted.

Can anyone recommend a good clinic or doctor?

dogburrito

dogburrito first steps

Hi guys, thanks for the comments.

I am only now discovering that Shippen is not alone in using HCG therapy to boost low T, I'm unsure if I'll do mono therapy or not. I need a qualified doctor and clinic since the variables are adding up: (exonegeous testosterone, HCG, and testing the other hormones as well)

I've filled my script for testosterone (sub lingual 10mg/day) but have postponed using it. The best solution seems to possibly require HCG and testosterone (not to mention testing other hormones.) It's getting complex and I am intimidated.

Since I have HCG in hand I'm tempted to use (self medicating) it as a diagnostic round for 3 - 6 weeks and see if testosterone is boosted.

Can anyone recommend a good clinic or doctor?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me