Estradiol (standard vs. sensitive)

Buy Lab Tests Online

James

Hey guys:

2 months on TRT, just got some BW done. Wanted to get your feedback on my estradiol.

Today:
Total Test; 786 ng/dl (250 - 1100)
Free Test: 23.5 pg/ml (7.2 - 24)
Estradiol, Standard Test: 37.6 pg/ml (8 - 43)
Estradiol, Sensitive Test: 17 pg/ml (3 - 70)

With the standard test, I'm in the upper range of normal, with the sensitive, I'm in the lower range of normal. How the hell do you make sense of this? Is my estradiol high or low? According to the standard estradiol below, from 2 months ago, I've more than tripled my estradiol in the last 2 months. I'm taking 160 mg of cypionate once a week, no Armidex at this point.

2 months ago:
Total Test: 182 ng/dl (250 - 1100)
Free Test: ?
Estradiol, Standard Test: 12 pg/ml (8 - 43)

Thanks for your help.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
You blood work looks great!

As for the Standard E2 lab versus the Sensitive lab you can see why men need the Sensitive lab.

The Standard or Default lab is designed for women and usually over estimates a mans E2 serum levels and this is a perfect case of that!!!

I've seen first hand other labs of men do the exact same thing.

Men sit at the lowest part of the Standard estrogen bell curve so the lab is not "sensitive" enough to evaluate that low...the Sensitive assay can.

The Sensitive assay is the one you want to concern yourself with and you look fine to be honest.

Taking no AI with E2 levels like this means you have a strong liver my friend:)

James

Gene, thanks brother. Crazy how different the 2 tests were. Doc also said liver is strong. I'm convinced sensitive is the way to go.

OMI100

FYI

SAME DAY AND SAME TIME BLOOD DRAW .... SENSITIVE V.S. STANDARD !!!!!!

Estradiol, Sensitive - 15 - (3-70) (LABCORP SENSITIVE #140244)

Estradiol - 55.9 – (7.6-42.6) (LabCorp 004515)

Right, Nelson, and compounded (pun intended) by the fact they treat to numbers, not actual symptoms.

IF there are no elevated symptoms, I do not add an AI.
It is good to see that our predictions were right.

Most clinics are using the LabCorp 004515 which may lead to overtreatment with anastrozole. This issue will cause bone density issues in the long run and sexual dysfunction and fat gain in the short run.

Estradiol and Anastrozole (Arimidex)- What Every Man Should Know

I see numbers...but not a word about how you FEEL...

Hey guys:

2 months on TRT, just got some BW done. Wanted to get your feedback on my estradiol.

Today:
Total Test; 786 ng/dl (250 - 1100)
Free Test: 23.5 pg/ml (7.2 - 24)
Estradiol, Standard Test: 37.6 pg/ml (8 - 43)
Estradiol, Sensitive Test: 17 pg/ml (3 - 70)

With the standard test, I'm in the upper range of normal, with the sensitive, I'm in the lower range of normal. How the hell do you make sense of this? Is my estradiol high or low? According to the standard estradiol below, from 2 months ago, I've more than tripled my estradiol in the last 2 months. I'm taking 160 mg of cypionate once a week, no Armidex at this point.

2 months ago:
Total Test: 182 ng/dl (250 - 1100)
Free Test: ?
Estradiol, Standard Test: 12 pg/ml (8 - 43)

Thanks for your help.

James

Dr. Crisler - How do I feel? I'm feeling good. The only negative symptom I have at this point is "thick nipples." I had gynecomastia surgery many years ago to remove gland tissue, but since starting TRT, my nipples have grown. They poke out of my shirt sometimes and that can be embarrassing. Chest looks good, just an issue with my nips.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Nipple growth and added sensitivity can be caused by TRT and is not related to gynecomastia. Some guys hate it and some love it (I love it)

James

Nipple growth and added sensitivity can be caused by TRT and is not related to gynecomastia. Some guys hate it and some love it (I love it)

Yes, this is definitely not gynecomastia. I had my glandular tissue cut out, so there is nothing there for hormones to act on. I know my nipple issue is caused by TRT, as I never had "pointy nipples" before starting TRT. Just wish I knew how to get them back to normal. Unlike you my friend, I'm not a fan of big nips!

Last edited:
Estradiol is the one thing that baffles me in this whole TRT thing. In August of last year my number was a bit high - 51. I was told to take 1mg eod but when I posted that on the FB page, Dr. Crisler (and others) said it was too much and that I should take. 25mg 24 hours after my injection and be retested in 6 weeks. I did that and my estradiol number was 35 on Feb. 11. But now I am reading that this test might not be the right indicator and that I still could be taking more than I need. What are the symptoms of high E2? I want to look out for them to see if I even need what I am taking. Thanks!

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Estradiol is the one thing that baffles me in this whole TRT thing. In August of last year my number was a bit high - 51. I was told to take 1mg eod but when I posted that on the FB page, Dr. Crisler (and others) said it was too much and that I should take. 25mg 24 hours after my injection and be retested in 6 weeks. I did that and my estradiol number was 35 on Feb. 11. But now I am reading that this test might not be the right indicator and that I still could be taking more than I need. What are the symptoms of high E2? I want to look out for them to see if I even need what I am taking. Thanks!

Don't freak out Rob, 35 pg/ml on a standard lab is good.

The standard default lab for Estrogen tends to over estimate the male lab so if anything you may be a little lower than the 35.

Stay the course and get the "Sensitive" lab next time.

Here are just some of the issues associated with having your estradiol level too low:

• A feeling of being lethargic, sluggishness, and frequently fatigued.
• Headaches
• Depression
• Dry skin and hair
• Unhealthy nails
• Loss of libido and ED
• Sore, achy joints
• Inability to concentrate
• Panic and anxiety sensations
• Potential risks for osteoporosis and bone fractures
• Potential cardiovascular and immune risks

Don't freak out Rob, 35 pg/ml on a standard lab is good.

The standard default lab for Estrogen tends to over estimate the male lab so if anything you may be a little lower than the 35.

Stay the course and get the "Sensitive" lab next time.

Here are just some of the issues associated with having your estradiol level too low:

• A feeling of being lethargic, sluggishness, and frequently fatigued.
• Headaches
• Depression
• Dry skin and hair
• Unhealthy nails
• Loss of libido and ED
• Sore, achy joints
• Inability to concentrate
• Panic and anxiety sensations
• Potential risks for osteoporosis and bone fractures
• Potential cardiovascular and immune risks

Thanks, Gene! I don't think low is the issue. My libido is kind of off the charts right now. I do have a bit of anxiety and sometimes depression but that is also my normal state of being.

What would the symptoms of a high estradiol level?

Also, I am assuming ExcelMale is probably not the right site to inquire about this but I am considering doing blast and cruise and that's why I am curious about symptoms of high estradiol.

Thanks!

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Thanks, Gene! I don't think low is the issue. My libido is kind of off the charts right now. I do have a bit of anxiety and sometimes depression but that is also my normal state of being.

What would the symptoms of a high estradiol level?

Also, I am assuming ExcelMale is probably not the right site to inquire about this but I am considering doing blast and cruise and that's why I am curious about symptoms of high estradiol.

Thanks!

Believe it or not many of the symptoms of low E2 are the same as high E2.

If you have a good libido and good erection quality I wouldn't suspect high or low as these are the first things to go!

IF you want to do a cycle go see our friends at www.steroid.com. The members there are very knowledgeable and can help guide you in your pursuit...we're not about that here at ExcelMale as you know:)

Appreciate it

Believe it or not many of the symptoms of low E2 are the same as high E2.

If you have a good libido and good erection quality I wouldn't suspect high or low as these are the first things to go!

IF you want to do a cycle go see our friends at www.steroid.com. The members there are very knowledgeable and can help guide you in your pursuit...we're not about that here at ExcelMale as you know:)

Thanks so much, Gene! This is the best site!

OMI100

23 April 2014

6 May 2014
Had to do some bloodwork for next Dr. appointment so re-did the E-2 again.
2 weeks between blood draws and almost exactly same readings.
I wonder if one can make the observation (at least for me) that 56 on the standard test equals about 15 on the sensitive test?

Estradiol, Sensitive - 14 - (3-70) (LABCORP SENSITIVE #140244)
Estradiol - 56.1 – (7.6-42.6) (LabCorp 004515)

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
23 April 2014

6 May 2014
Had to do some bloodwork for next Dr. appointment so re-did the E-2 again.
2 weeks between blood draws and almost exactly same readings.
I wonder if one can make the observation (at least for me) that 56 on the standard test equals about 15 on the sensitive test?

Estradiol, Sensitive - 14 - (3-70) (LABCORP SENSITIVE #140244)
Estradiol - 56.1 – (7.6-42.6) (LabCorp 004515)

As we've seen time and time again; the Standard default E2 lab (designed for women) over estimates men's E2 levels and is not an accurate lab to be used to E2 blood assessment.

ONLY the Sensitive lab can be used for men to eval E2 serum levels...end of discussion!

OMI100

Crash Test Dummy here:
UPDATED
SAME DAY ANDSAME TIME BLOOD DRAW (4-2018)....
No AI.
SENSITIVE V.S. STANDARD
Estradiol, Sensitive(LC/MS/MS)- 20.3 - (8-35 pg/ml) (LABCORP SENSITIVE#140244)
Estradiol (ECLIA) - 32.4 – (7.6-42.6 PG/ML)(LabCorp 004515)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me