Deca for joint pain?

Buy Lab Tests Online

fireeater49

Have heard (through various other TRT media outlets) that Deca at trt doses would help the "older" lifter such as I with my chronic joint pains. Any opinions? My dr says that I should quit lifting heavy. Now I will not drag out my definition of heavy and I realize that he is looking out for me but is there some medical studies that give it some support or is this just "bro science" ?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
A few doctors prescribe it for that off label indication. No data on actual humans for joint or tendon issues, but lots of anecdotal information. The witch hunt on anabolics put a stop to a lot of the research that was taking place before 2005.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/threads/1387-Anabolic-Androgenic-Hormone-Prescribing-Indications

Here are in-vitro and animal data:

Am J Sports Med. 2004 Jun;32(4):934-43.
Nandrolone decanoate and load increase remodeling and strength in human supraspinatus bioartificial tendons.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

To date, no studies document the effect of anabolic steroids on rotator cuff tendons.

STUDY DESIGN:

Controlled laboratory study.

HYPOTHESIS:

Anabolic steroids enhance remodeling and improve the biomechanical properties of bioartificially engineered human supraspinatus tendons.

METHODS:

Bioartificial tendons were treated with either nandrolone decanoate (nonload, steroid, n = 18), loading (load, nonsteroid, n = 18), or both (load, steroid, n = 18). A control group received no treatment (nonload, nonsteroid [NLNS], n = 18). Bioartificial tendons' remodeling was assessed by daily scanning, cytoskeletal organization by staining, matrix metalloproteinase-3 levels by ELISA assay, and biomechanical properties by load-to-failure testing.

RESULTS:

The load, steroid group showed the greatest remodeling and the best organized actin cytoskeleton. Matrix metallo-proteinase-3 levels in the load, steroid group were greater than those of the nonload, nonsteroid group (P <.05). Ultimate stress and ultimate strain in the load, steroid group were greater than those of the nonload, nonsteroid and nonload, steroid groups (P <.05). The strain energy density in the load, steroid group was greater when compared to other groups (P <.05).

CONCLUSIONS:

Nandrolone decanoate and load acted synergistically to increase matrix remodeling and biomechanical properties of bioartificial tendons.

CLINICAL RELEVANCE:

Data suggest anabolic steroids may enhance production of bioartificial tendons and rotator cuff tendon healing in vitro. More research is necessary before such clinical use is recommended.

http://jbjs.org/article.aspx?articleid=180965

http://www.sportsmedres.org/2012/01/can-anabolic-steroids-be-used.html

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Let us know how it goes. Remember that nandrolone (like all anabolics) need to be taken with testosterone since they shut down your body's T production.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me