Make Your Own High Protein Healthy Bars

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dave Barry

Healthy Protein Bars
Makes anywhere between 10-20 bars, depending upon how big you cut them
Ingredients:
2 cups peanut butter (or almond butter)
1 3/4 cups raw honey (or use agave-low glycemic)
2 1/4 cups protein powder (chocolate tastes best with this one)
3 cups regular oatmeal
1 tbls cinnamon
1/2 cup almond slivers
9 x 13 inch pan
Preparation:
Microwave almond (or peanut) butter and honey until smooth. Stir.
In another bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients.
Add the almond (or peanut) butter and honey. Mix with hands (It’s way easier that way!)
Press the mixture into the pan and place in fridge. Keep in fridge for at least an hour

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bruin

Very good recipe, Im hooked! I use a natural chunky style peanut butter, It adds some additional nut factor, and tasty too!

Jull

I'm wondering if it makes me fat? (I'm afraid I'd eat it too much because it's too good :D )
Has anyone made this?

Saul

Interesting. I was wondering about making my own bars. High calories though. I think 2 cups of peanut butter has about 3000 calories. The honey about 1800 calories. These two items alone are ~4800. Divide by 15 bars is about 319 calories per bar for just these two ingredients. About 400 calories per bar total with the other stuff. I bet they are good though. Do you think I could cut back on the peanut butter and honey?

Be careful of too much protein in relation to the other macronutrients in your diet.

protein-intake-and-total-testosterone-levels.jpg

Yes but would the decreased SHBG offset the dramatically lower testosterone levels on a 25-30 percent protein diet. Also, if SHBG declines with a high protein diet, you would also have higher free estradiol levels.

madman

Super Moderator
Yes but would the decreased SHBG offset the dramatically lower testosterone levels on a 25-30 percent protein diet. Also, if SHBG declines with a high protein diet, you would also have higher free estradiol levels.

Men on trt would not have to worry about higher protein lowering testosterone.....now for a natty man excess protein along with a low fat diet would have a negative impact on testosterone levels.

Regarding nutrition extreme dieting (too much of a calorie deficit), or low fat diets would have be detrimental to testosterone production.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me