Full labs now complete, , jt

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fizzypopcorn

Hey all!

In a different intro post I had posted some labs and was advised to get some other testing done. Here are my complete labs. Thoughts?

I have an appointment with the PA at Defy on August 8. Fortunately I live close so it’s an in person appt.

36. Divorced with 2 kids. No plans to have more (vasectomy a few years back). Work out pretty hard 4 days a week with a trainer. Sleeping is “eh”. Diet has improved but never was horrible. I never can move the scale though. It’s as if once weight is put on its there for good. Sluggish. Very little libido. Very little motivation to do much of anything (hence why I have the trainer so that I am obligated to show up).

Attachments

• 77FF7FB9-091A-44CF-A5A7-38DC73009566.jpg
    77FF7FB9-091A-44CF-A5A7-38DC73009566.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 4B20C03F-7926-4D6D-834F-DADC4093C28F.jpg
    4B20C03F-7926-4D6D-834F-DADC4093C28F.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 161
  • A1389BC0-8888-4E4A-9E6B-0A127F910122.jpg
    A1389BC0-8888-4E4A-9E6B-0A127F910122.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 158
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
You need to see a preventive cardiologist, your cholesterol panel is terrible. I would also be concerned about your thyroid, I would treat that before I would treat the low testosterone.

Improving your free T3 and lowering your reverse T3 will help your liver remove LDL cholesterol from you body.

madman

Super Moderator
Hey all!

In a different intro post I had posted some labs and was advised to get some other testing done. Here are my complete labs. Thoughts?

I have an appointment with the PA at Defy on August 8. Fortunately I live close so it's an in person appt.

36. Divorced with 2 kids. No plans to have more (vasectomy a few years back). Work out pretty hard 4 days a week with a trainer. Sleeping is “eh”. Diet has improved but never was horrible. I never can move the scale though. It's as if once weight is put on its there for good. Sluggish. Very little libido. Very little motivation to do much of anything (hence why I have the trainer so that I am obligated to show up).

Your TT and FT levels are low and you are also experiencing low t symptoms so trt would definitely be warranted although you need to get your thyroid treated and as you know your lipid profile is horrible.....how is your diet and what is your %BF?

You are in great hands with Defy so all should go well!

Diet and weight loss (especially visceral adipose) will have the biggest impact on improving your lipids among other health markers and of course healthy testosterone levels have positive health benefits.

Fizzypopcorn

You need to see a preventive cardiologist, your cholesterol panel is terrible. I would also be concerned about your thyroid, I would treat that before I would treat the low testosterone.

Improving your free T3 and lowering your reverse T3 will help your liver remove LDL cholesterol from you body.

Thanks Vince! I was looking at some former labs and my total cholesterol is down about 10% from last years physical. Still a ways to go obviously. I am hoping that somehow I can stave off having to start a statin. I’ve read niacin can help (non flush free kind, around 1500mg per day) but haven’t pulled the trigger on that yet.

I saw saw an endo about a year and a half ago. When he ran labs he said everything looked good on the thyroid but because my BMI was high that anything I was feeling was probably because I was “morbidly obese”. He was a gem. I really do feel as if my thyroid plays a role in all of this. Hoping Defy can help decipher my messed up code.

Fizzypopcorn

Your TT and FT levels are low and you are also experiencing low t symptoms so trt would definitely be warranted although you need to get your thyroid treated and as you know your lipid profile is horrible.....how is your diet and what is your %BF?

You are in great hands with Defy so all should go well!

Diet and weight loss (especially visceral adipose) will have the biggest impact on improving your lipids among other health markers and of course healthy testosterone levels have positive health benefits.

Heres a dexascan. It was alarming. I was working out with my trainer (on a pretty strict monitored diet around 1800 calories macro based) for almost 4 months when this was taken. It’s my trainer who prompted me to get this done as well as some bloodwork since the scale isn’t moving much (a couple lbs up and down) which floored him since he sees how hard I’ve been working out as well as what I’ve been consuming. Seems as if there is some internal factors preventing positive gains.

Attachments

• BFE106D1-6100-4344-9F9E-711B961A9F68.jpg
    BFE106D1-6100-4344-9F9E-711B961A9F68.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 134

madman

Super Moderator
Heres a dexascan. It was alarming. I was working out with my trainer (on a pretty strict monitored diet around 1800 calories macro based) for almost 4 months when this was taken. It's my trainer who prompted me to get this done as well as some bloodwork since the scale isn't moving much (a couple lbs up and down) which floored him since he sees how hard I've been working out as well as what I've been consuming. Seems as if there is some internal factors preventing positive gains.

Once your thyroid and testosterone levels are optimal along with other hormones you will definitely see overall improvement in body composition (increase muscle/loss adipose) and overall health markers especially if diet/training are in check which will enhance the effects.

M

MarkM

Thanks Vince! I was looking at some former labs and my total cholesterol is down about 10% from last years physical. Still a ways to go obviously. I am hoping that somehow I can stave off having to start a statin. I’ve read niacin can help (non flush free kind, around 1500mg per day) but haven’t pulled the trigger on that yet.

I've read just the opposite, that the non flush niacin does nothing for your cholesterol. Even with the normal niacin that gives you a flush you must take a pretty large amount of it to have it impact your cholesterol. I don't know which is correct.

Fizzypopcorn

Once your thyroid and testosterone levels are optimal along with other hormones you will definitely see overall improvement in body composition (increase muscle/loss adipose) and overall health markers especially if diet/training are in check which will enhance the effects.

EXACTLY what I am looking forward to. It’s been like battling a demon uphill both ways in the snap without arms or legs. Just getting nowhere and it’s frustrating as heck!

Fizzypopcorn

I've read just the opposite, that the non flush niacin does nothing for your cholesterol. Even with the normal niacin that gives you a flush you must take a pretty large amount of it to have it impact your cholesterol. I don't know which is correct.

Definitely a lot of conflicting info out there. One big reason why I haven’t done much. I for sure know that I want to try everything I can before a statin though.

M

MarkM

My cholesterol was very high years ago. It was just over 350 total. That was the first time I ever had it checked (2005). Doctor put me on a statin and I felt terrible and I happen to be one of those who can't take statins because they do damage to my liver. I changed my diet and just paid more attention to what I ate. I took the non flushing niacin but saw no benefit. I converted to the regular flushing niacin which seems to really help me. I still need to get it down some more but I have come a long way from 350. My last labs in May had my cholesterol as follows:

Total - 156
LDL - 99
HDL - 41
Triglycerides - 102
VLDL - 20

I get a big flush from the niacin and it took a little while to get used to but now I know what to expect and kind of like the way it feels.

Vince

Super Moderator
It's hard to read but looks like your triglycerides are 385, that's insanely High. Your reverse T3 way too high.

Fizzypopcorn

My cholesterol was very high years ago. It was just over 350 total. That was the first time I ever had it checked. Doctor put me on a statin and I felt terrible and I happen to be one of those who can't take statins because they do damage to my liver. I changed my diet and just paid more attention to what I ate. I took the non flushing niacin but saw no benefit. I converted to the regular flushing niacin which seems to really help me. I still need to get it down some more but I have come a long way from 350. My last labs in May had my cholesterol as follows:

Total - 156
LDL - 99
HDL - 41
Triglycerides - 102
VLDL - 20

I get a big flush from the niacin and it took a little while to get used to but now I know what to expect and kind of like the way it feels.

Tremendous improvement! How much in niacin do you take daily?

Fizzypopcorn

It's hard to read but looks like your triglycerides are 385, that's insanely High. Your reverse T3 way too high.

yea my triglycerides are crazy high. Haven’t been this high since high school when I was on accutane. It’s almost triple what they were last year. The reverse t3 really sticks out. Definitely a first.

M

MarkM

So not a crazy high amount. Interesting. Taking 2 times a day obviously hasn’t negatively impacted your liver I would assume.
No not crazy. I do not have any liver issues. My liver panel and liver enzymes are always in good shape. When I was on a statin, only for a few months, my liver panel and enzymes were all extremely elevated. I can't say whether niacin will help your cholesterol levels or not, I just know what it has done for me along with a better diet, and working out and staying in shape. A lot of people try niacin but can't handle the flush. I find it kind of refreshing.

Fizzypopcorn

Had my initial consult at defy. Here’s the initial plan based on the blood work:

BEGIN HCG Inject 500 iu SQ three times weekly to raise testosterone levels (Inject 50 units three times weekly on a 30g ½” insulin needle)
BEGIN Anastrozole 0.25 mg two-three times weekly as needed per E2 symptoms (reviewed with Pt.)
BEGIN DHEA 25 mg one by mouth every night
BEGIN Fish Oil 2-3 grams daily for HDL support
BEGIN Berberine 500mg one twice daily for glycemic control

BEGIN Cytomel 5mcg One by mouth every morning for one week, then 10mcg every morning for one week, then 15mcg every morning on third week. Stop titration if any hyperthyroid symptoms occur. Take first thing in am, on empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before breakfast.

Follow up 8weeks with limited labs Testosterone Free and Total, LH, Estradiol, SHBG, T3,T4, TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3

I’m also taking 500mg of niacin 2x daily as well as b12 daily

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching