Recommend dosage maybe too high

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cornel

Hi guys. I’m a 32 year old male.
Now on week one of TRT. My free testosterone level measured 385.
I’m 193cm and 115kg.
Doctor started on 3ml a week of the 100mg/ml strenth Depot Test. That equals 300mg a week. After doing some “research “ I found that one shouldn’t really exceed 200mg per week. Do you recommend i talk with my doctor about it, or wait for my 4 week blood work and decide then?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. Do you know where your SHBG stands? It's a key value that you and your doctor should consult in designing your protocol. Lower SHBG typically calls for smaller, more frequent injections of testosterone over the course of the week; if your SHBG is on the high side the opposite is true - you would look to inject larger doses less frequently.

All ll that said, your dose is remarkably high and is more than likely to create all sorts of problems.

M

MarkM

300 mg a week is an extremely high weekly dose of testosterone and not typically considered a dose for testosterone therapy. However, at best we can only speculate based on very limited information. Do you have labs you can share with us so that we can have a more thoughtful discussion?

Cornel

Mark lab results were as follows
Total T 19.5
Sex HDR binding Globulin 39.10
Free Testosterone 385

Will instruct Doctor to cut down to 200mg per week.

madman

Super Moderator
Mark lab results were as follows
Total T 19.5
Sex HDR binding Globulin 39.10
Free Testosterone 385

Will instruct Doctor to cut down to 200mg per week.

What are the reference ranges for your pre-trt labs above?

300mg/week is a whopping dose and too high for trt.....mind you there are cases of men with very high SHBG that need 200-250mg/week and have to run a higher TT in order to hit healthy FT levels.

On average 200mg/week would be too high for most men on trt unless SHBG was really high.

Judging by your SHBG 39.10 (although you provided no reference range) it is more than likely just above mid-normal that is if it your blood work was done at Labcorp.

Last edited:
M

MarkM

What are the reference ranges for your pre-trt labs above?

300mg/week is a whopping dose and too high for trtthere are cases of men with very high SHBG that need 200-250mg/week and have to run a higher TT in order to hit healthy FT levels.

On average 200mg/week would be too high for most men on trt unless SHBG was really high.

Judging by your SHBG 39.10 (although you provided no reference range) it is more than likely just above mid-normal that is if it your blood work was done at Labcorp.

If you are using LabCorp, there range for SHBG is 19.3 - 76.4, so like madman said, your 39.10 a little lower than the dead center of the range which would be 47.85.

Taking 300 mg per week, even 200 mg per week, will have you peeing most of it out. I am sure your Estradiol Sensitive is going to be through the roof at that dose.

Systemlord

Hi guys. I’m a 32 year old male.
Now on week one of TRT. My free testosterone level measured 385.
I’m 193cm and 115kg.
Doctor started on 3ml a week of the 100mg/ml strenth Depot Test. That equals 300mg a week. After doing some “research “ I found that one shouldn’t really exceed 200mg per week. Do you recommend i talk with my doctor about it, or wait for my 4 week blood work and decide then?

Somehow I doubt he'll understand your concern, he doesn't appear to know what in the heck he's doing. This huge dosage is a rookie mistake and says I don't do this very often.

Omar

If you are using LabCorp, there range for SHBG is 19.3 - 76.4, so like madman said, your 39.10 a little lower than the dead center of the range which would be 47.85.

Taking 300 mg per week, even 200 mg per week, will have you peeing most of it out. I am sure your Estradiol Sensitive is going to be through the roof at that dose.
Is that y I have to go pee all the time? I’ve been on 200mg weekly for almost 3yrs now. Could it b my body is just to flooded with exogenous testosterone causing me to pee a lot more frequently?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me