Time of day to do the blood work when on trt

Buy Lab Tests Online

Royal244

Hi. Does the time of day when you do the blood work matters at all when you're on TRT?
I am injecting e3d somewhere around 8 p.m, so to see me at my worst i should do the blood work somewhere around that hour which is pretty late. So, the question is, can i do the blood work of testosterone, free testosterone, shbg, estradiol, albumin at 17:30-18? Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hi. Does the time of day when you do the blood work matters at all when you're on TRT?
I am injecting e3d somewhere around 8 p.m, so to see me at my worst i should do the blood work somewhere around that hour which is pretty late. So, the question is, can i do the blood work of testosterone, free testosterone, shbg, estradiol, albumin at 17:30-18? Thanks.
You want a trough, testosterone level, so the typical advice is to have blood pulled just prior to your injection. If you're on an every three day schedule, as opposed to an every 3.5 day schedule (when one injection would typically be in the morning), doing what you suggest is reasonable.

Royal244

You want a trough, testosterone level, so the typical advice is to have blood pulled just prior to your injection. If you're on an every three day schedule, as opposed to an every 3.5 day schedule (when one injection would typically be in the morning), doing what you suggest is reasonable.

Thanks. I will do that then. I'll try to go as late as possible, before they close the lab, so the blood work would be as close to the injection as possible.

M

MarkM

That is about as late as you are going to get blood work done since most labs close no later that 6PM. That should be close enough.

Royal244

That is about as late as you are going to get blood work done since most labs close no later that 6PM. That should be close enough.

Yes. I've seen that in the lab i am doing blood work they close at 5 PM. So, the blood work will be done 3h before the injection.

Royal244

These are your first labs since treatment was started?

No, i just very recently changed my protocol. I just feel like on my previous protocol i had a little bit too much estradiol (it was in range, however i might be very sensetive to it.), so that's why i splited it into 50mg e3d. Also, i am taking 30mg of zinc per day to help reduce that e2 even further.

keithc2485

So...I just got blood work done for surgery and they did the testosterone total and free i guess since they saw it on my med list...and I had injected 50mgs the day before at 6pm....and had the test done the following morning at 10am.....

I am on 100mgs of cyp a week... I do 50mgs every 3.5 days .......

the level was very high it was total 1,147 and free was 45.9 .. Can that have a lot to do with the fact that 50mgs was injected that night before?

I think it does, but now my doctor wants me to cut down ....can it make THAT MUCH of a jump?

any help would be great thank you

madman

Super Moderator
So...I just got blood work done for surgery and they did the testosterone total and free i guess since they saw it on my med list...and I had injected 50mgs the day before at 6pm....and had the test done the following morning at 10am.....

I am on 100mgs of cyp a week... I do 50mgs every 3.5 days .......

the level was very high it was total 1,147 and free was 45.9 .. Can that have a lot to do with the fact that 50mgs was injected that night before?

I think it does, but now my doctor wants me to cut down ....can it make THAT MUCH of a jump?

any help would be great thank you

It is just your peak and expected as testosterone levels will peak 24-48 hrs post injection and if your blood test was actually done at trough just before your next injection it would be lower.

As far as your doctor wanting to decrease your dose than he is strictly a numbers guy and truly not concerned about what really matters.....how you feel (relief/improvement) of your low t symptoms and overall well being as if you are feeling great on your dose 100mg (50 mg every 3.5 days) which by no means a high dose of testosterone and fairly common in men on trt.

Explain this to him if he does not understand than stress to him how good you feel overall on your protocol.

Overall well being and relief/improvement of low t symptoms is what matters and blood work should always be done at trough.

Look at it this way 100mg/week is a common starting dose on trt and even than most doctors that are at least having their patients inject once weekly imagine the peak 24hrs after 100mg of testosterone.....if you or any doctor can not comprehend how the patients testosterone levels 24-48 hrs are supra-physiological than they should NOT be treating you.....let alone more concerned with your numbers than what is important treating your symptoms.

keithc2485

Thank you for ur input , I thought so , and agree....its sad that all these doctors know NOTHING about what a trough day is .. its hard finding a good doctor for this with the insurance i have ... so i have to take what i can get..

tho this was my Primary who got the results , I do have an endo. I see him end of the month. But he knows nothing about testing time either lol..

I really rely on sites like this all this time to have educated me .. so Thank you very much

I just needed a second opinion on this. I will be hitting the 3 month mark in a few weeks since last test and will do it at the correct time...

My days are Monday am and Thursday PM ......so I would go late laternoon Thursday for most accurate results ? or Monday AM b4 that injection>?
thanks again.

madman

Super Moderator

I would have labs done Monday am (when lab opens) just before your injection as if you went Thursday before injection most labs close at 5 or 6pm and if you were injecting Monday at 9am than if you had labs done on Thursday pm (5 or 6pm) than you would be 3 hrs out give or take which is not really a big deal but I prefer to have trough done closest to just before next injection.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me