ZMA or just zinc and magnesium?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Yeah I'm one of them, I think it's better to take them separate, most ZMA don't use the best quality ingredients. I use Jarrow zinc balance and source naturals, magnestium malate.

madman

Super Moderator
Any opinions? I've been taking zinc and magnesium as separate supplements. Any advantage to just ordering ZMA?

I would keep separate due to most forms of magnesium in ZMA supplements as it is commonly magnesium aspartate which has some drawbacks.

Than again if you are into weight training or eating a lot of meat such as beef/chicken as in 1-2 lbs per day than you are getting more than enough zinc.

Too many go overkill on the zinc and 15mg/day is all that is really needed.....one could go as high as 30 but I would not take too much zinc let alone too much of certain vitamins/minerals as it can cause an imbalance.

Even as important as magnesium is too much can cause a calcium imbalance.....people go overkill when it comes to supplementing!

Nashtide

I would keep separate due to most forms of magnesium in ZMA supplements as it is commonly magnesium aspartate which has some drawbacks.

Than again if you are into weight training or eating a lot of meat such as beef/chicken as in 1-2 lbs per day than you are getting more than enough zinc.

Too many go overkill on the zinc and 15mg/day is all that is really needed.....one could go as high as 30 but I would not take too much zinc let alone too much of certain vitamins/minerals as it can cause an imbalance.

Even as important as magnesium is too much can cause a calcium imbalance.....people go overkill when it comes to supplementing!
Definitely a balance with any supplement. I tend to be conservative when it comes to doses. When I see things like 50,000iu of Vit D, makes me go hmm.

Wuops

I can't imagine there would be a difference if you had the same dose. I take all my supplement individually.

DragonBits

Definitely a balance with any supplement. I tend to be conservative when it comes to doses. When I see things like 50,000iu of Vit D, makes me go hmm.

I have a bottle of 50K IU Vitamin d3, and a couple of bottles of 10K vitamin D3. It's rare to see a 50,000 IU VitD supplement.

But it really depends on how often you take it. Meaning the 10,000 IU taken daily is more than the 50,000 taken once weekly.

Vitamin D is stored, so you can take a lot all at once or a little every day. Taking 60,000 (IU) a day of vitamin D for several months has been shown to cause toxicity. So it's not easy to take that much.

Lately I have been in the sun a lot, and I am due for a VitD blood test from my POC doctor, so I will see what it is.

BTW, I have read Vitamin D from sunlight, assuming you get the max, you can only create about 10,000 IU a day from the sun as your body limits it.

The RMD for Vit D is 400-800 IU / day, really at odds with what a lot of people take.

One doctor told me in Chicago I could lay naked in the sun all day in winter and still not get enough VitD. Which is why your body stores if for those times.

But to your point, in my 30s I used to take mineral supplements, then I got a kidney stone, never will forget that sort of pain, and never took mineral supplements again.

Though I do take MG and zinc is in ARED formula, I never take calcium or potassium unless it happens to be in a mulitVit. For some reason, with a blood test I often test over range for serum levels of potassium, not extremely over, but over.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me