DHEA and fatigue

Buy Lab Tests Online

sh1973

Since starting TRT several years ago my DHEA has been on the lower end, which seems to be common. I’ve tried supplementing over the years with various doses ranging from 25mg down to 10mg. Within an hour of taking any dose, I feel really tired and get a dull headache. Defy advises me that’s it’s best to elevate my levels but doing so doesn’t seem to offer any tangible benefits. I realize all DHEA does in the body isn’t truly understood but the main functions are sex hormones. It seems if one is treating hypogonadism then DHEA levels wouldn’t be imperative to have elevated. I think I’ve reached the point of just not caring where I am in the range, my thoughts are why take something that makes me feel bad. The feeling I get is similar to the way HCG makes me feel. I’m curious what others experiences are while taking DHEA on TRT.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I would always take DHEA in the morning after breakfast, because if I took it at night it kept me from getting a good night's sleep. I stop supplementing for one month with DHEA and then started taking it right before bed. For whatever reason it's now helping me get a good night sleep. This is the first time I've ever felt any benefit from taking DHEA.

sh1973

That’s interesting, I’ve always taken it in the morning. I’ve never noticed any difference for the better taking it or not taking it. Seems to work for some and not others.

Vince

Super Moderator
The thing was I stop taking it for one month to get it out of my system, or I should say get the supplement part out of my system. After that I started taking it only at night. And I actually do sleep much better now.

sh1973

I’ll definitely give it a try for a couple weeks because it certainly acts in a sedative type manner with me.

HarryCat

Since being on TRT my DHEA is very low, around 30 mcg/dL, but I don't tolerate supplementing it even at doses as low as 5mg. Completely wrecks my sleep, even if I take it in the morning, and gives me incredible anxiety.

I suspect my low DHEA and my negative reaction to supplementation is one of the reasons I've never felt any benefit from TRT. I just don't seem to react normally to hormones.

Vince

Super Moderator
Since being on TRT my DHEA is very low, around 30 mcg/dL, but I don't tolerate supplementing it even at doses as low as 5mg. Completely wrecks my sleep, even if I take it in the morning, and gives me incredible anxiety.

I suspect my low DHEA and my negative reaction to supplementation is one of the reasons I've never felt any benefit from TRT. I just don't seem to react normally to hormones.

As you probably know. There are many members like you, who can't supplement with DHEA, for whatever reason it causes bad symptoms for some.

sh1973

Seems DHEA is either hit or miss from the reading I’ve done on it. I’m sort of baffled as to why it causes fatigue with me. Most people claim to have insomnia or anxiety. If I’m understanding it’s action correctly, it has an inverse relationship with cortisol, so perhaps it’s lowering mine excessively. The fatigue normally lasts from 3-4 hours with the headache. I think for now I’m going to drop it, no sense in taking something that’s making matters worse.

HealthMan

Subjectively DHEA makes me feel no different. I had levels as high 700s for my DHEA-S and as low as high 200s. Dosages from 10mg to 100mg daily. Felt zero from it. Pregnenolone however is a different story.

sh1973

Subjectively DHEA makes me feel no different. I had levels as high 700s for my DHEA-S and as low as high 200s. Dosages from 10mg to 100mg daily. Felt zero from it. Pregnenolone however is a different story.
Just out of curiosity, how does pregnenolone help you? What dose do you take?

sh1973

The thing was I stop taking it for one month to get it out of my system, or I should say get the supplement part out of my system. After that I started taking it only at night. And I actually do sleep much better now.
Vince I started back on 10mg two nights ago right at bed time and it does in fact help with sleep. I also feel more energetic upon wakening. Hopefully I can continue with this and continue to get good results.

HealthMan

Interesting, that seems to be one of the supplements most guys have issues with. Glad it’s working for you.
I had problems with all but 2 brands (pure encapsulations and Douglas Labs) and no problems with compounded Pregnenolone. However other OTC brands gave me palpitations and bad anxiety. Similar with DHEA. So make sure you get quality stuff

I had problems with all but 2 brands (pure encapsulations and Douglas Labs) and no problems with compounded Pregnenolone. However other OTC brands gave me palpitations and bad anxiety. Similar with DHEA. So make sure you get quality stuff

Out of curiosity did you try the brand MRM for Preg or DHEA? I bought Douglas Labs Preg and DHEA yesterday, since they came in small 5mg doses and had good reviews for the brand. Decided to start with the Preg for a few days to see how I feel before starting the DHEA so I can tell if one causes a problem. Didn't feel much yesterday but today I do feel a better sense of well being as you noted above. Its the same sense of well being I felt when I started HCG with my test C.

sh1973

Out of curiosity did you try the brand MRM for Preg or DHEA? I bought Douglas Labs Preg and DHEA yesterday, since they came in small 5mg doses and had good reviews for the brand. Decided to start with the Preg for a few days to see how I feel before starting the DHEA so I can tell if one causes a problem. Didn't feel much yesterday but today I do feel a better sense of well being as you noted above. Its the same sense of well being I felt when I started HCG with my test C.
Wrenchhead are you taking the 5mg at night?

HealthMan

Go with Pure Encapsulations. They are the best (i have blood results using PE and compounded). I haven’t tried MRM. I take 10mg DHEA and Pregnenolone both from PE

Wrenchhead are you taking the 5mg at night?

I take the 5mg preg in the morning. I'm continuing to feel better on it still. I will say the first day I tried it I did feel what some may call a slight headache, but I didn't feel as though it was a headache. After the first day though its been smooth sailing since.

Go with Pure Encapsulations. They are the best (i have blood results using PE and compounded). I haven’t tried MRM. I take 10mg DHEA and Pregnenolone both from PE

Thanks, You also said you had good results with Douglas Labs though. Is their a reason you prefer PE over DL? I started with DL because I liked the small dose options I saw and so far I'm feeling a positive change. So I may just stay with them to play it safe. I'll also have to see where I end up as for as dosage and see what brand best fits those needs. If I do change brands I'll definitely give Pure Encapsulations a try though.

I'm interested to see how I feel when I raise the preg by 5mg. I also still have to add the DHEA one day too. Figure I should dial in the preg first before adding DHEA.

Anyone have suggestions on how long I should stay on only Preg before adding DHEA? Do you know quickly when one isn't working right or do you have to wait a while to see how you will truly feel long term on one? Like reaching a "steady state" like we do with Test, HCG, AI ect.

Vince

Super Moderator
Go with Pure Encapsulations. They are the best (i have blood results using PE and compounded). I haven't tried MRM. I take 10mg DHEA and Pregnenolone both from PE

I used Pure brand for a number of years, recently switched to Jarrow. Mainly because of price, it does the job and it reflects good on my labs.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me