Progesterone cream question

Buy Lab Tests Online
I ordered by mistake progesterone cream instead of Pregnenolone cream. Is just to throw away or can I use it up and if so to what benefit could it be.
Or maybe I can ask my wife to use it instead of me, who has zero libido after her menapausa.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ratbag

Progesterone treatment will increases the risks of blood clots and fat gain if not dosed properly.

You mean Pregnenolone. Progesterone is an estrogen antagonist and does not increase the risk of blood clots. When women take estrogen they have to take progesterone to prevent estrogen dominance. So if they take E they also have to take P. But any women can take P alone.

Vince

Super Moderator
High Progesterone Levels in Men
Progesterone is a hormone in both men and women that is converted into testosterone and estrogen. According to MayoClinic.com, progesterone levels typically drop with age and affect testosterone production. At the same time, estrogen levels rise in older men, creating a hormone imbalance. Progesterone supplements often are used to treat hormone imbalances and to protect men against prostate cancer and other prostate-related conditions.
[h=2]Effects[/b]High progesterone levels in men cause an increase in estrogen production, which can lead to a number of problems. According to MayoClinic.com, excessive estrogen is linked to heart conditions, depression and fatigue. Higher estrogen levels can lead to an enlarged prostate. Other side effects of an increase in estrogen caused by high progesterone levels include prostate inflammation, urination difficulties and erectile dysfunction.
[h=2]Features[/b]Men produce approximately 5 to 15 mg of progesterone in their testicles each day, which in turn increases estrogen levels. In addition to the natural production process of the hormones, environmental factors and activity levels can increase the progesterone and estrogen levels, according to Health Fitness Australia. Increased exercise often lowers hormone levels and chemical exposure can affect hormonal balances. Household products that contain dioxin can enter the bloodstream and affect progesterone and other hormonal levels, according to the National Institute of Environmental Sciences. Dioxin commonly is used to manufacture plastics, cleaning products and lubricants.

[h=2]Considerations[/b]Progesterone often is prescribed for men to treat infertility and prostate conditions. The hormone is available in natural and synthetic forms, each of which carries various side effects, according to the National Institutes on Aging. Hormone replacement drugs for men usually are prescribed in pill or cream form and should not exceed 6 to 10 mg per day. Excessive amounts of the replacement hormone can cause lethargy and fatigue. Men who take progesterone replacement drugs often experience joint pain, glucose intolerance and swelling.

[h=2]Other Potential Effects[/b]Untreated, other complications can occur if progesterone levels continue to rise. Men with an increased level of estrogen in their bodies tend to develop additional fat around the abdomen, which has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease. They may experience a decrease in facial hair growth and an increase in fatty deposits in their breasts.
[h=2]Benefits[/b]Natural increases in progesterone levels in men also can produce positive benefits as noted by researchers at the University of Michigan. Since progesterone reduces anxiety levels in men and can help to create an environment for attentive lovers as testosterone also rises. Watching a romantic movie with a partner can raise progesterone levels in men as much as 10 percent and coupled with the reduced tension, makes them calmer and more available to meet their partner's needs as well as their own.http://www.livestrong.com/article/290358-high-progesterone-levels-in-men/

ratbag

Not sure what you are saying here Vince?

High Progesterone Levels in Men
Progesterone is a hormone in both men and women that is converted into testosterone and estrogen. According to MayoClinic.com, progesterone levels typically drop with age and affect testosterone production. At the same time, estrogen levels rise in older men, creating a hormone imbalance. Progesterone supplements often are used to treat hormone imbalances and to protect men against prostate cancer and other prostate-related conditions.
Effects

High progesterone levels in men cause an increase in estrogen production, which can lead to a number of problems. According to MayoClinic.com, excessive estrogen is linked to heart conditions, depression and fatigue. Higher estrogen levels can lead to an enlarged prostate. Other side effects of an increase in estrogen caused by high progesterone levels include prostate inflammation, urination difficulties and erectile dysfunction.
Features

Men produce approximately 5 to 15 mg of progesterone in their testicles each day, which in turn increases estrogen levels. In addition to the natural production process of the hormones, environmental factors and activity levels can increase the progesterone and estrogen levels, according to Health Fitness Australia. Increased exercise often lowers hormone levels and chemical exposure can affect hormonal balances. Household products that contain dioxin can enter the bloodstream and affect progesterone and other hormonal levels, according to the National Institute of Environmental Sciences. Dioxin commonly is used to manufacture plastics, cleaning products and lubricants.

Considerations

Progesterone often is prescribed for men to treat infertility and prostate conditions. The hormone is available in natural and synthetic forms, each of which carries various side effects, according to the National Institutes on Aging. Hormone replacement drugs for men usually are prescribed in pill or cream form and should not exceed 6 to 10 mg per day. Excessive amounts of the replacement hormone can cause lethargy and fatigue. Men who take progesterone replacement drugs often experience joint pain, glucose intolerance and swelling.

Other Potential Effects

Untreated, other complications can occur if progesterone levels continue to rise. Men with an increased level of estrogen in their bodies tend to develop additional fat around the abdomen, which has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease. They may experience a decrease in facial hair growth and an increase in fatty deposits in their breasts.
Benefits

Natural increases in progesterone levels in men also can produce positive benefits as noted by researchers at the University of Michigan. Since progesterone reduces anxiety levels in men and can help to create an environment for attentive lovers as testosterone also rises. Watching a romantic movie with a partner can raise progesterone levels in men as much as 10 percent and coupled with the reduced tension, makes them calmer and more available to meet their partner's needs as well as their own.http://www.livestrong.com/article/290358-high-progesterone-levels-in-men/

M

MarkM

Progesterone seems to have potentially positive effects:
Lowers DHT -good for those with high DHT
Controls estradiol
Helps protect the prostate
Can lower blood pressure
Can raise SHBG - good for those with lowish SHBG

Potentially negative effects:
Reducing DHT - not good if you have good to low DHT levels
Lowers blood pressure - not good for you if you already have low BP
Raises SHBG - not good if you have high SHBG or high normal SHBG
Plays a role in gyno

Depending on an individuals make up and genetics, progesterone can be positive or can be negative. What has a positive effect on one could be a negative effect in someone else.

ratbag

I learned the hard way with Pregnenolone. I put my wife on it and she developed blood clots. This happened 10 years ago. We had another site going and right after I did it some started discussing blood clots but it was too late. She was hospitalised and had clot in her calf. They resolved it but she was left with a back mark on her calf. She didn't trust me for a long time after that error. But I had been taking it for a while without incidence. But as you read here and on other sites many MD's Rx Pregnenolone and all it takes is the first dose to give you a clot. So no doubt this happens to MD's too.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me