New member - pre trt labs and 4 month trt labs - bun/creatinine concerns

Buy Lab Tests Online

johnwatanks

Hey Guys,

First post here, but I have been lurking for months now. I started TRT end of March and feel great. I have some concerns about my recent blood test and I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions.

I am concerned about BUN on last blood test and low BUN/Creatinine ratio. I have had some pressure in my liver area and occasional kidney discomfort. Should I be worried about this? Liver enzymes look normal.

Personal Info

33 Male
180mg Test Cyp every 3.5 days
HCG 4000 IU - .40 every 3.5 days
Anastrozole - 1 every 3.5 days
Total T - 1055
Free T - 35.7

Thanks for the help in advance.

Attachments

• PRE TRT.pdf
    167 KB · Views: 155
  • POST TRT.pdf
    165.4 KB · Views: 142
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Welcome to Excelmale,

I don't see any SHBG labs which is crucial for determining dosing and injection frequencies and your E2 labs are for females, men require the LC/MS/MS method designed for males because any other test overstates your true E2 levels. This means your true E2 levels are actually lower, but can't tell because the doctor doesn't know the difference between male and females E2 testing.

Your Total and Free T numbers suggest SHBG is at or below 16 nmol/L, if this is the case this protocol is wrong for you.

Normally competent doctors don't start a guy out on a AI right away, unless pre-TRT labs suggest excessive aromatase activity. Simply lowering the T dosage is the first best option to lower slightly elevated E2 levels. If I had the choice to be on a large dose of testosterone together with an AI v.s Test only without an AI and be slightly lower in the ranges, I would choose the latter.

There's is no benefit to taking an AI, it doesn't nothing good for you.

CoastWatcher

Wrong estradiol test - men should measure e2 levels with the sensitive (LC, MS/MS) lab test. Your values can't be relied upon. There's no reason to test LH and FSH once TRT is initiated. Exogenous testosterone suppresses the levels of both, just as night follows day. Save your money.

Sean Mosher

I'm assuming that's 90mg every 3.5 days (for a weekly total of 180mg), correct?
Also, what does AI?
To strongly emphasize what was stated above, need SHBG and sensitive estradiol.

M

MarkM

Regarding the Bun/Creatinine concern you mentioned; Have you been dehydrated or consumed an excessive amount of creatine? Is it possible you may have a kidney stone?

johnwatanks

Welcome to Excelmale,

I don't see any SHBG labs which is crucial for determining dosing and injection frequencies and your E2 labs are for females, men require the LC/MS/MS method designed for males because any other test overstates your true E2 levels. This means your true E2 levels are actually lower, but can't tell because the doctor doesn't know the difference between male and females E2 testing.

Your Total and Free T numbers suggest SHBG is at or below 16 nmol/L, if this is the case this protocol is wrong for you.

Normally competent doctors don't start a guy out on a AI right away, unless pre-TRT labs suggest excessive aromatase activity. Simply lowering the T dosage is the first best option to lower slightly elevated E2 levels. If I had the choice to be on a large dose of testosterone together with an AI v.s Test only without an AI and be slightly lower in the ranges, I would choose the latter.

There's is no benefit to taking an AI, it doesn't nothing good for you.

Thank you very much. I will address this with my doctor today.

johnwatanks

Regarding the Bun/Creatinine concern you mentioned; Have you been dehydrated or consumed an excessive amount of creatine? Is it possible you may have a kidney stone?

I don't think it's dehydration, I drink around a gallon of water per day. I don't take creatine. I've never had a kidney stone so I don't know what that feel like. I was reading that low BUN could possibly mean liver distress or damage and high creatinine could mean kidney impairment. I was wondering if anyone could verify or discredit those statements.

M

MarkM

I don't think it's dehydration, I drink around a gallon of water per day. I don't take creatine. I've never had a kidney stone so I don't know what that feel like. I was reading that low BUN could possibly mean liver distress or damage and high creatinine could mean kidney impairment. I was wondering if anyone could verify or discredit those statements.

I had read those same things as well. Its normal to read those things and worry yourself to death. Don't do that. Contact your doctor and discuss with him There could very likely be a reasonable explanation beyond our knowledge.

CoastWatcher

I had read those same things as well. Its normal to read those things and worry yourself to death. Don't do that. Contact your doctor and discuss with him There could very likely be a reasonable explanation beyond our knowledge.
We can self-diagnose ourselves into a mental breakdown.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me