Missed shot due to Doctor running out of Cypionate

Buy Lab Tests Online

medvetz63

Since March 5th of 2018 I have been getting 200mg per week of Testosterone Cypionate.
The injections are done every Monday morning.
Yesterday, Monday, when I went to the doctor he said that they ran out of Cypionate on Friday and had ordered some and that it would be in on the next day, Tuesday.
I returned today and they said that the shipment had not arrived but would be in by tomorrow, Wednesday, and the nurse said that since by then I will have gone nine days since the last injection they would give me as an added "boost" 400mg plus 200mgs more on next Monday to resume the regular schedule of 200mg shots every Monday.

Does this sound sensible or safe? It seems to me that tomorrow I should get 200mg, and then five days later on monday receive 200mgs again to resume the regular schedule.

Would taking the 400mgs on Wednesday followed by 200mg more five days later be harmful? This is the doctor's office recommending this, mind you.
If it's not harmful and would give me a boost at the gym I'm all for it, but I want my safety to come first, so any advice here is appreciated.

This doctor tests for all the right things when blood work is done and is flexible with me when it comes to decisions about my treatment, but this makes me wonder.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

I wouldn’t do that. You will have a huge peak and you might experience some short term side effects like high BP, anxiety, elevated E2. Just resume at regular dosage.

Systemlord

Injecting that much testosterone at once isn't recommended, if your doctor doesn't understand this then it's time to locate a new one. Most guys inject 100mg weekly split up multiple times based off the SHBG levels.

That's completely ridiculous, 200mg once per week is ridiculous and borders on maltreatment to give you more than that such as you described.

medvetz63

Push to self-inject. What is being suggested is, to be polite, foolish.

I tried that today and they said they don't permit it because the patients tend to "take too much", yet they're willing to give me 400mgs to make up for going two days past the normal injection of 200mgs.

CoastWatcher

I tried that today and they said they don't permit it because the patients tend to "take too much", yet they're willing to give me 400mgs to make up for going two days past the normal injection of 200mgs.
Then find another doctor. They're doing you no favours. Your estradiol will skyrocket. The vast majority of us here at EM on an injection protocol self-inject. Saves time, money, and stress. You deserve better care.

M

MarkM

....."they don't permit it because the patients tend to "take too much"

How hypocritical is that statement? Geeezzz. Run!

medvetz63

I have thought about asking to lower my dose to 150mgs or perhaps 100mgs, but not because I'm feeling bad but more so because I have read on some forums that 200mgs is a low grade steroid cycle while others say that it's still within the realms of TRT treatment.
I am enjoying the strength I've gotten at the gym and the supercharged sex drive but at the same time I don't want any health risks.
My hematocrit and hemoglobin have remained in the low normal ranges and my lipids are great. So too is my PSA.
My E2 has gone to 91 on the non-sensitive test. I take .25mg of Armidex on Monday and Friday for the last two weeks. Next month more blood work will be done so I'll see how the AI is working.
I feel fine though.

CoastWatcher

I have thought about asking to lower my dose to 150mgs or perhaps 100mgs, but not because I'm feeling bad but more so because I have read on some forums that 200mgs is a low grade steroid cycle while others say that it's still within the realms of TRT treatment.
I am enjoying the strength I've gotten at the gym and the supercharged sex drive but at the same time I don't want any health risks.
My hematocrit and hemoglobin have remained in the low normal ranges and my lipids are great. So too is my PSA.
My E2 has gone to 91 on the non-sensitive test. I take .25mg of Armidex on Monday and Friday for the last two weeks. Next month more blood work will be done so I'll see how the AI is working.
I feel fine though.

A more moderate dose might well obviate the need for an AI. The use of the standard estradiol test raises other concerns. You have questions about all of this or you wouldn't be raising the issues. It's your call.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching