Urgent TRT and Prednisolone help needed

Buy Lab Tests Online

T_Durden

Currently 33 years old. 6ft, 82 kg. So, my background:

Normal but slow puberty. Suffered from naturally low testosterone in teens and diagnosed with Hypogonadism at age 24 (don't have the exact figures to hand but Total Test was 12 n/mol and SHBG was very high so Free Test was less than half the minimum it should have been).
Apart from 3 days I will mention, I have never really had a libido.
I did try very short runs (no more than 3 weeks each) of Dbol, Tbol and Proviron when I was about 21 to see if they would give any libido boosting effect and none of them did. However, the potency/legitimacy of these drugs was questionable as this was back in 2006.

At 22 however I got an extreme rash on my face and was given the pink Soluble Prednisolone (I believe the dose must have been 10mg as it was two pills in water).
My libido skyrocketed. Full on morning erections, not pathetic quarter ones. Spontaneous erections when seeing attractive women on TV. Not two mention my penis was a full inch longer erect and a full inch greater in circumference when erect and when flaccid. My erections were also drastically harder than ever and penis more sensitive.

After 3-4days these effects wore off and I have never had a real libido since (even after age 24 and being put on a substantial TRT dose of 250mg/wk of test enanthate). My TRT started as Sustanon 250 and my libido increased with that but not very significantly and again wore off after about 3 days after the first injection.

If I were to scale things up for you; prior to TRT my libido was 1/10. With Prednisolone and no TRT 10/10. And with TRT no Prednisolone 3/10.

Some will say my TRT dose is too high but honestly I have tried lower doses of both Test Ent and Sust 250 and I am just worse in every way.
My current bloods look like this:

MALE HORMONES:
D.H.E.A. Sulphate: 9.5 umol (0.44 - 13.4)

FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE: * 0.3 IU (1.5 - 12.4)

LUTEINISING HORMONE: * 0.3 IU (1.7 - 8.6)

TESTOSTERONE: 30.8 nmol (7.6 - 31.4)

Free-Testosterone(Calculated): 0.73 nmol (0.30 – 1.00)

SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 27 nmol (16 - 55)

17-Beta OESTRADIOL: 168 pmol (< 192)

ADRENALINE:

Noradrenaline: 2170 pmol/l (Less than 2293)

Adrenaline: * 521 pmol/l (Less than 459)

Dopamine: * 477 pmol/l (Less than 464)

Cortisol: 462 nmol/l (133 to 537 nmol/L)

As you can see my male hormones are pretty much optimum for TRT. My adrenaline and dopamine are elevated and cortisol and noradrenaline are near the top of normal range.

Some things I'd like to know are:
What have your experiences been with Prednisolone?
Did you have the soluble form?
What I don't understand is how Prednisolone could have had such effect on me if all my values are high. (even though this is not the blood test results form the time of my reaction to Prednisolone obviously)
And whether maybe taking 10mg of Prednisolone once per week may be an option for me?

Also, do you think Pregnelonone may be of benefit to me? If so what kind of dose and what brand because I cannot find a recommended one.
Or possibly anti-anxiety drugs to help lower adrenaline?
Any other insight would be of great benefit to me.

Thanks Guys

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. You need a 4 point/saliva cortisol evaluation. The serum results you posted are of (at best) marginal value. Where are your thyroid values? Have they been checked? Not only TSH, but ft3, ft4, rt3, and both antibody tests. What about prolactin. It can profoundly impact libido. Has it been evaluated? How is your sleep? Any chance of apnea? Finally, where do you live?

More information will open up the discussion.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Cortisone and prednisone can increase sex drive, energy and hunger temporarily but will cause fat and water gain, bone loss, and moon face. It can decrease immunity. It can also shut down your adrenals. No one should be on that drug unless it is the only treatment one has for an autoimmune disease.

I took prednisone several times for back pain and other conditions. Yes, I got horny but I would not stay on that drug since I knew better.

You cannot get off it cold turkey. You have to taper off the dose gradually.

T_Durden

My endocrinologist has given me a small prescription for soluble prednisolone. He said taking 10mg once would not require tapering as its basically the minimum dose already (5mg being minimum, 1 pill).
So I may try taking just 10mg once per week or once every two weeks to at least give me a couple of days of libido.
Hopefully at this dose side effects will be minimal.
I'm aware of the dangers of staying prednisolone but don't normally side effects come from higher doses 40mg + or longer term regular use?
I'm willing to try this once per week just to see if it helps but yes if there is a safer alternative I would much prefer that obviously.

How about pregnelonone?
Anti-anxiety drugs?

T_Durden

I will look into the 4 point/saliva cortisol evaluation. I don't have my thyroid results to hand but I whatever they did check I remember all came back as normal. Prolactin was also normal. My sleep can be disturbed. I used to head bang as a child and that manifested into restless leg syndrome. Lately my sleep has improved but maybe just down to warmer weather. We tried dopamine agonist ropinerole for a while a couple of years ago which would give more libido in higher doses I'm sure but it knocks you out so there is no point as I'll be asleep when the boners arrive.
I also get pretty bad palpitations which come and go throughout the day and can actually make my body vibrate at night.
If trying to sleep next to a partner the palpitations do not stop and I'm normally drenched in sweat. I'm not nervous at all but it's like my body is having a constant mild panic attack.
I'm sure this is anxiety caused by adrenaline or something along those lines...

T_Durden

Cortisone and prednisone can increase sex drive, energy and hunger temporarily but will cause fat and water gain, bone loss, and moon face. It can decrease immunity. It can also shut down your adrenals. No one should be on that drug unless it is the only treatment one has for an autoimmune disease.

I took prednisone several times for back pain and other conditions. Yes, I got horny but I would not stay on that drug since I knew better.

You cannot get off it cold turkey. You have to taper off the dose gradually.

My endocrinologist has given me a small prescription for soluble prednisolone. He said taking 10mg once would not require tapering as its basically the minimum dose already (5mg being minimum, 1 pill).
So I may try taking just 10mg once per week or once every two weeks to at least give me a couple of days of libido.
Hopefully at this dose side effects will be minimal.
I'm aware of the dangers of staying prednisolone but don't normally side effects come from higher doses 40mg + or longer term regular use?
I'm willing to try this once per week just to see if it helps but yes if there is a safer alternative I would much prefer that obviously.

How about pregnelonone?
Anti-anxiety drugs?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale