Is 4000iu HCG twice weekly safe?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JohnPierson

New member, 70 years old, and I have been on TRT for two years. My testes were small to begin with but have become even smaller since treatment. My physician has perscribed 4000 iu twice weekly for four weeks and supplied it in prefilled syringes.
Am I nuts (no pun intended) for wanting HCG if sex life is good and orgams are acceptable?
Is a periodic HCG treatment a good idea? Any improvement in libido to be expected?
How about the 4000iu, twice a week for four weeks, regimen? This is just for four weeks.
Doctor's only concerns are HGB count as it is high normal. 17 in a 13.2 to 18 gm/dl range

I know, lots of questions. What about the dose?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

Are you hoping to improve fertility at 70 years f age? What was the purpose of the doctor prescribing the HCG? If strictly to make the testes larger then that is a personal thing. Personally, I have always felt my testes were on the smaller size but it never really bothered me. If you libido is good, good sex life, and good orgasms....is it just to try to eliminate the testicular atrophy? 4000 is twice weekly seems like a lot to me but I'm no expert.

HCG has to be refrigerated if that's not being done with those prefilled syringes then things are ruined as far as that's concerned. 4000iu is an astronomical dose in the TRT circles we typically see 500iu twice per week.

Vince

Super Moderator
I hoping you mean 400 IU of HCG twice a week, I inject 500 IU of HCG twice a week and it's part of my protocol. I've been following this HCG protocol for over three and a half years now. Don't cycle HCG.

JohnPierson

Thanks for all the responses.
To MarkM, I am looking to increas size of shrunken testes and at the same time boost libido and increase orgasm a little.
To Vince Carter, The syringes are refridgerated and the dose seems huge to me too, thus this post.
To coastwatcher, TRT 150 once a week and ai as needed.
To Vince, if you are suggesting cycling HCG is not a good idea, please elaborate.

Systemlord

Thanks for all the responses.
To MarkM, I am looking to increas size of shrunken testes and at the same time boost libido and increase orgasm a little.
To Vince Carter, The syringes are refridgerated and the dose seems huge to me too, thus this post.
To coastwatcher, TRT 150 once a week and ai as needed.
To Vince, if you are suggesting cycling HCG is not a good idea, please elaborate.

Usually SHBG is measured to determine dosage and injection frequencies, but by the HCG dosage I would say your doctor is a little outdated. Rarely do men do well on one large injection per week, because levels peak high in 24-48 hours and begin dropping over the next few days and you end up lower by the end of the week, not ideal.

JohnPierson

Usually SHBG is measured to determine dosage and injection frequencies, but by the HCG dosage I would say your doctor is a little outdated. Rarely do men do well on one large injection per week, because levels peak high in 24-48 hours and begin dropping over the next few days and you end up lower by the end of the week, not ideal.

It's 4000 iu HCG twice a week, I was prescribed.

M

MarkM

It's 4000 iu HCG twice a week, I was prescribed.

So we are talking a total of 8000 iu per week split between two injections, 4000 iu each injection. That sure is a huge dose. I be worried my testes would pop at that dose. :(

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
You won't have any big problems beyond some potential water retention and increased hematocrit. High doses of 5000 Iu twice per week have been used as monotherapy for fertility (with no TRT). Yes, I think it is overkill.

I would use 2000 IU twice the first week and then 500 IU every other day along with your TRT. Do not use an AI unless you need it by blood test (sensitive estradiol over 40 pg/ml). But, as you know, we are not qualified to tell you to change your treatment plan. Talk to your doctor.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me