Intro Thyroid Labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

Kirk001

So I know you guys are going to say to get more tests done, and I agree and I will but all these tests ain't cheap, so for now this is what I've got:

TSH 3.61 uIU/mL (0.45 - 4.50)
Free T3 3.0 pg/mL (2.0 - 4.4)
Free T4 1.32 pg/mL (0.82 - 1.77)

It looks like based on Nelson's targets for optimal that my TSH is rather high (target < 1.5), my Free T3 is low (target > 3.7), and my Free T4 is ok (target > 1.3). Any thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
So I know you guys are going to say to get more tests done, and I agree and I will but all these tests ain't cheap, so for now this is what I've got:

TSH 3.61 uIU/mL (0.45 - 4.50)
Free T3 3.0 pg/mL (2.0 - 4.4)
Free T4 1.32 pg/mL (0.82 - 1.77)

It looks like based on Nelson's targets for optimal that my TSH is rather high (target < 1.5), my Free T3 is low (target > 3.7), and my Free T4 is ok (target > 1.3). Any thoughts?
Your labs aren't to bad, no reverse T3. I would supplement with low dose iodine, zinc and selenium for improving your thyroid gland.

Kirk001

Any recommendations or guidelines for amounts? I'm already getting zinc and selenium in my multivitamin, but it seems like in general most guys tend to supplement things at amounts way higher than what you get in a typical multivitamin.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Your FT4 is at 52% of reference range, and FT3 is at 41.7%. Ideally, most will find the zone when both values are somewhere between 50%-to-80% of reference range, fairly close together, having adequate reserves of T4 converting to the more active, potent T3 (and T2, T1) ...

So, knowing your FT3 is lagging a bit would probably warrant more research, BUT, as you stated, more labs are needed. Reverse T3 is the first (1st) thing I would want to compare against the labs you presented, then of course TPO and TgAb antibodies need to be factored.

Being that T4 is further to the right than T3, the area of nutrients and adequate supplementation could very well play a key role as indicated by Vince. Selenium ... get at least 200mcg/day ... Iodine w/kelp, I take 600mcg to 800mcg daily (liquid drops), but I would suggest 150mcg/day and see where you go.

Other companion nutrients are: Magensium (I take 400mg at night), Vitamin C, and I'm a firm believer that adequate Vitamin D3 needs to be in the mix (I take 5,000iu/day), and DHEA 25mg at night helps balance the adrenals, which is good for the thyroid, and for iodine productivity at higher doses (matches my needs, but yours could be different) .. As always, consult with your physician on what's right for you.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me