Defy Users: Have you gotten insurance to pay?

Has anyone who is with Defy got insurance to reimburse them?

I know Defy can fill out the form to send to my insurance company but was just seeing if it was even worth the time to try.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

I am not with Defy but I have use an HSA to pay for such things with no problem. Insurance has paid for all my labs except for DHT. As for meds you use a compounding pharmacy to avoid insurance.

I used to use that information from my provider to file my own claims for reimbursement and it was a horrible hassle, so much information my insurance wanted, codes and all of that and I did get some money back here and there but it was like I said a nightmare dealing with an insurance company, part of that prompted me to switch to Defy so I could afford to pay this OOP and not mess with insurance any more. Nightmare too as in they'd reject the claim for arbitrary shit and then make me refile it from scratch and they take 30 days each time to approve, mostly reject, the claim. Real PITA.

It was a pain for me to try to get my insurance to pay for it, they never did. I couldn't even get my flexible spending account to pay for it. I just pay everything out of pocket, I'm happy they are affordable.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

I have Blue Cross Federal. I specifically asked if they would cover Testo. They will only cover hrt if one is undergoing transgender surgery. Scam.

When I tried to get CVS to pay for Test, compounded test, they wanted the atomic weight of every single ingredient used in the compound. In the end that was the breaking point...they used every single kind of excuse such as that and every means to not pay on the meds. I had some luck with blood tests and a Dr's visit but they paid miniscule amounts on those too with "out of network" excuses, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguejim View Post
    I have Blue Cross Federal. I specifically asked if they would cover Testo. They will only cover hrt if one is undergoing transgender surgery. Scam.
    That will certainly hold down the number of claims they have to pay.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    That will certainly hold down the number of claims they have to pay.
    not these days it seems (a little sarcasm)

Roguejim - I have BCBS Federal and they pay for both testosterone and anastrozole through my regular doctor. Test usually ends up costing $7 at CVS for a 10ml vial, and anastrozole is almost free. ...and I'm just on TRT, not changing gender.

Sorry if I'm not answering the original question in this thread. I never tried to get reimbursed for testosterone while being a Defy patient. It simply wasn't worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon H View Post
    Roguejim - I have BCBS Federal and they pay for both testosterone and anastrozole through my regular doctor. Test usually ends up costing $7 at CVS for a 10ml vial, and anastrozole is almost free. ...and I'm just on TRT, not changing gender.

Sorry if I'm not answering the original question in this thread. I never tried to get reimbursed for testosterone while being a Defy patient. It simply wasn't worth the hassle.
    Ya that's not what we're talking about.

Thread Information