Most Recent Labs - Surprised by Levels

Buy Lab Tests Online

Saul

As way of background, I have been averaging 85 to 90 mg per week at injections IM every 3 days. My total T was consistently in the 660 range and E2 sensitive was in the 36 to 40 range. Always tested in the morning before my next shot. Felt good.

My latest blood work (pulled about 3 weeks ago) is listed below with 100 mg per week with injections IM two times per week. Again, tested the morning before my shot. Wanted to see DHT since I am losing some hair on top.

Total T - 981 Range of 264 to 916
Free T - 27 Range of 5 to 21
DHT - 66 Range of 30 to 85
E2 Sensitive 54 Range of 8 to 35
Ferritin 42 Range of 30 to 400
Hematocrit 45.5 Range of 37 to 51.

DHT is in the middle but higher than my last test. Surprised by how much TT and FT shot up for such a small increase in dose. And E2 followed the increase in FT - which is expected. I am happy with the ferritin and Hematocrit numbers.

Overall I felt fine. I think I felt a bit better at the higher dose, but not much - maybe a bit more energy and power in the gym. Overall though I did not notice much of a difference from the 660 range to the high 900 range. Maybe I am just not very in-tune to my body - like an old truck and not a sports car.

Any thoughts on blood work?

Due to the high TT, FT and E2 and since I am losing some hair, I have dropped the dose to 80 mg per week divided into 2 injections per week. I hope this reduces the hair loss (assuming its it TRT related) and it will drop the TT and E2.

Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Your HCT looks really good, do you have to donate blood or is that your normal level. I don't think dropping your testosterone dose will help hair loss, we do have many good threads on how to stop hair loss.

I think when you mention those totals 660-900 remember that that's bound up and not usable, would be more interested in how the Free T changed with the dose if you have those numbers.

Hairloss is a lot more genetic than anything else including DHT but would recommend that Nizoral 1% shampoo, has a fair rep in this area. Y

Saul

Your HCT looks really good, do you have to donate blood or is that your normal level. I don't think dropping your testosterone dose will help hair loss, we do have many good threads on how to stop hair loss.

The last time I donated was Nov 22 2017. I had been donating every month and then every 2 months to drop ferritin but now that it is in range, I have stopped donating. I was glad HCT is in range but at my low does it may not be an issue.

Saul

I think when you mention those totals 660-900 remember that that's bound up and not usable, would be more interested in how the Free T changed with the dose if you have those numbers.

Hairloss is a lot more genetic than anything else including DHT but would recommend that Nizoral 1% shampoo, has a fair rep in this area. Y

Thanks.
My last free T level was tested on 1/16/18 and it was 12.8 in a range of 6.8 to 21.5. TT was 647. Unless this test was a one off, FT more than doubled.

I am using the shampoo you recommend and rogain. I will talk to my Dr about a hair loss cream (Nelson had a helpful post) in early august and/or reach out to Defy.

get'n there

As way of background, I have been averaging 85 to 90 mg per week at injections IM every 3 days. My total T was consistently in the 660 range and E2 sensitive was in the 36 to 40 range. Always tested in the morning before my next shot. Felt good.

My latest blood work (pulled about 3 weeks ago) is listed below with 100 mg per week with injections IM two times per week. Again, tested the morning before my shot. Wanted to see DHT since I am losing some hair on top.

Total T - 981 Range of 264 to 916
Free T - 27 Range of 5 to 21
DHT - 66 Range of 30 to 85
E2 Sensitive 54 Range of 8 to 35
Ferritin 42 Range of 30 to 400
Hematocrit 45.5 Range of 37 to 51.

DHT is in the middle but higher than my last test. Surprised by how much TT and FT shot up for such a small increase in dose. And E2 followed the increase in FT - which is expected. I am happy with the ferritin and Hematocrit numbers.

Overall I felt fine. I think I felt a bit better at the higher dose, but not much - maybe a bit more energy and power in the gym. Overall though I did not notice much of a difference from the 660 range to the high 900 range. Maybe I am just not very in-tune to my body - like an old truck and not a sports car.

Any thoughts on blood work?

Due to the high TT, FT and E2 and since I am losing some hair, I have dropped the dose to 80 mg per week divided into 2 injections per week. I hope this reduces the hair loss (assuming its it TRT related) and it will drop the TT and E2.

Thanks.

I'm experiencing the hair loss also. I noticed it About about one year at After I started T 200MG 1ml per wk & it didn't stop even when I cut back to .5 ML per week. This said when I just Take .5 ML 1 time per wk I go over 1500.

The first thing I notice was in September my hair went dry i just 1 mo. Now it's thinned Front Back crown About the same time I started HCG.

My next move is 2 Drop down to .25 ML Per week.

The question is When will it stop? Will it Stop by cutting back? Will it Stop By quitting Altogether?

Gman86

I'm experiencing the hair loss also. I noticed it About about one year at After I started T 200MG 1ml per wk & it didn't stop even when I cut back to .5 ML per week. This said when I just Take .5 ML 1 time per wk I go over 1500.

The first thing I notice was in September my hair went dry i just 1 mo. Now it's thinned Front Back crown About the same time I started HCG.

My next move is 2 Drop down to .25 ML Per week.

The question is When will it stop? Will it Stop by cutting back? Will it Stop By quitting Altogether?

Sounda like the hair loss issue might not be directly related to high testosterone. I personally have high DHT on TRT. As high as 142 (16-79), and I don't experience any hair loss. Obv there's a big genetic component to whether DHT is going to effect our hair loss or not, and everyone's different. But there's a lot of other things that could be causing your hair loss while on TRT, that TRT could of triggered. For instance, some men on TRT have lower thyroid function than before they started. Also low ferritin is a big one, due to men getting their blood drawn for labs or having to donate blood due to high HCT. Both low thyroid and low ferritin can cause hair loss. Also TRT can lower magnesium, which can also effect hair loss.

Here's some things that you can check that have the potential to cause hair loss when low:
Low thyroid
Low Magnesium RBC
Low Zinc RBC
Low Copper RBC
Low B12
Low ferritin
Low cortisol (TRT is infamous for lowering cortisol)
Low or High E2 (not as common, but can contribute to hair loss)

Just having one of those things low could cause hair loss. So you really need to make sure they are all where they need to be to narrow down the cause. If you're lowering your testosterone dose and it's not helping, my guess it has to do with something other than DHT

get'n there

Sounda like the hair loss issue might not be directly related to high testosterone. I personally have high DHT on TRT. As high as 142 (16-79), and I don’t experience any hair loss. Obv there’s a big genetic component to whether DHT is going to effect our hair loss or not, and everyone’s different. But there’s a lot of other things that could be causing your hair loss while on TRT, that TRT could of triggered. For instance, some men on TRT have lower thyroid function than before they started. Also low ferritin is a big one, due to men getting their blood drawn for labs or having to donate blood due to high HCT. Both low thyroid and low ferritin can cause hair loss. Also TRT can lower magnesium, which can also effect hair loss.

Here’s some things that you can check that have the potential to cause hair loss when low:
Low thyroid
Low Magnesium RBC
Low Zinc RBC
Low Copper RBC
Low B12
Low ferritin
Low cortisol (TRT is infamous for lowering cortisol)
Low or High E2 (not as common, but can contribute to hair loss)

Just having one of those things low could cause hair loss. So you really need to make sure they are all where they need to be to narrow down the cause. If you’re lowering your testosterone dose and it’s not helping, my guess it has to do with something other than DHT

Here’s some things that you can check that have the potential to cause hair loss when low:

Low thyroid my T 4 is 7.1 & TSH is 1.16

Low Magnesium RBC I do 1000 mg per Day

Low Zinc RBC 50 milligrams Once a day

Low Copper RBC Unknown

Low B12 I do 1000 ML B 12 Once a week

Low ferritin Unknown

Low cortisol (TRT is infamous for lowering cortisol) Unknown

Low or High E2 (not as common, but can contribute to hair loss) My E2 Can Run from 90 And I correct it with Anas .25 to . 5

I use Lab corp For testing. I order the male & female Test that includes most of the basics.

Last week I looked up there ferritin, DHT & ShbG Testing. The test Costs Are As follows Respectively , $47.49 , $123 , And $53 , Total $200 Above and beyond The test I normally take Every couple of weeks. So, Very expensive.

I will certainly think On your recommendations. Trying to Figure it all out And go through the testing process And the high costs Make it Very difficult To pursue .

No one in my family is bald.

Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me