Does TRT=Hypothyroidism?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Smokin Joe

http://www.naturalendocrinesolutions.com/archives/7-causes-of-low-t4-levels/

Paragraph 3. Dysregulation of the HPT Axis caught my attention while researching Hypothyroidism.

I know there has been a lot of discussion around TRT causing Hypothyroidism but with HPTA disruption due to exogenous testosterone it would appear that it could be a cause.

Curious to know others thoughts on this.
I am going for ATA/TPO bloodwork tomorrow and then
to seek help as I feel like my thyroid is crashing.
I have been off of TRT for 7 months and I am struggling with energy and sex drive.
Want to treat Thyroid first to see if it makes a big enough difference not to start TRT again.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

TRT improved my thyroid numbers, as a matter of fact a protocol change sees me hyperthyroid for 6 weeks on and off finally stabilizing after 6 weeks. Oral temperatures confirm it, 99-99.2 degrees within the 6 weeks and settling after 6 weeks at 98.6 degrees.

Vince

Super Moderator
It's very common for someone with hypothyroidism to have low testosterone. I don't think it's the other way around. That's why when someone comes in with symptoms of low testosterone I believe they should first be checked for hypothyroidism.

AS far as equaling, no. But, many men do find ancillary health problems when they start TRT. The two are NOT related such as you used the = sign.

Though being "hypo" is being over-"hyped" on this forum in particular of late has gotten fixated on the subject where in most of the cases treatment clearly isn't warranted when it comes to prescription treatments at the expense of adding Iodine and Selenium to treat the very minor condition known as "hypothyroid".

ratbag

I think it's both simply because there are many reasons your HPTA can be dysfunctional. I had a head injury when young and it caused my HPTA to be dysfunctional. The result is all my hormones are very low. If you take this further and go read about it you'll find people can have HPTA dysfunction with just a mild bump on the head. Many sports players have what they call TBI (traumatic brain injury) Traumatic brain injury (TBI), also known as intracranial injury, occurs when an external force injures the brain

https://www.google.ca/search?q=TBI?...2j69i58j0l2.1706j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

They've had too many concussions etc, there are now websites catering to TBI people and the treatment is to give them hormones and for the large part it it solves most of their problems. As you can see there are many variations of HPTA dysfunction and some are more prone to it than others.

Smokin Joe

I get it Vince C.
I have added Iodine and Selenium to my regimen and it hasn't really shown any value as of yet.
Also I'm not so sure that Hypothyroidism is a minor condition if I understand you correctly.
If left unchecked it can lead to other health problems as spoken of.
I see that an HPTA disconnect for whatever reason may have similar consequences.

Thanks for the replies as I am learning as I go!!

Sean Mosher

Have heard Dr. Crisler and Dr. Kominiarek I believe both say that sub-clinical hypothyroidism can result in you being symptomatic long before the labwork shows or justifies treatment if you will. I don't know whether or not there's a correlation here in your case but clearly you have symptoms that need to be further investigated and resolved.

sbenji103

TRT improved my thyroid numbers, as a matter of fact a protocol change sees me hyperthyroid for 6 weeks on and off finally stabilizing after 6 weeks. Oral temperatures confirm it, 99-99.2 degrees within the 6 weeks and settling after 6 weeks at 98.6 degrees.
I am in the current predicament where my TSH is elevated, 4.42 mIU/L (0.5 - 4.50) and T4 8.8 mc/dL (4.9 - 10.5)..indicating hypothyroidism. I was prescribed a TRT regimen in addition to NP thyroid to get everything balanced out. However, I am hopeful that balancing my testosterone would then cause a leveling out of the thyroid so I can avoid going on the thyroid medication. Perhaps this is just wishful thinking, or maybe theres some science behind it. Can you expand upon your situation and results? Thank you.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me