E2 "sweetspot" question

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

Do you guys think that we should all try to get our E2 around where it was pre-TRT, or do you think our sweet spot for E2 would increase since we are increasing our testosterone on TRT.

For example, pre TRT my E2 consistently was around 23-25. So it seems that my body liked to keep my E2 around that level naturally. Do you guys think this is what my body would probably like my E2 to be at while on TRT, or would my E2 sweet spot maybe be a little higher since my testosterone level is more than double what it was pre TRT. Obviously nobody knows, because everyone is different, and I know people are gonna disagree with there even being an E2 "sweetspot", but just wondering about people's experiences with pre TRT E2 and where their E2 ended up when they got dialed in.

Maybe it would be helpful for people to post their current E2 compared to their pre TRT E2. Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

Do you guys think that we should all try to get our E2 around where it was pre-TRT, or do you think our sweet spot for E2 would increase since we are increasing our testosterone on TRT.

For example, pre TRT my E2 consistently was around 23-25. So it seems that my body liked to keep my E2 around that level naturally. Do you guys think this is what my body would probably like my E2 to be at while on TRT, or would my E2 sweet spot maybe be a little higher since my testosterone level is more than double what it was pre TRT. Obviously nobody knows, because everyone is different, and I know people are gonna disagree with there even being an E2 "sweetspot", but just wondering about people's experiences with pre TRT E2 and where their E2 ended up when they got dialed in.

Maybe it would be helpful for people to post their current E2 compared to their pre TRT E2. Thanks.

You started TRT for a reason and that reason was probably you were not feeling great because your hormones were not optimal. Like Vince said your E2 will follow your T so most likely you E2 will be higher with TRT. So where was your estradiol pre TRT has little importance since you are on TRT to try to optimize your hormones and how you feel. Go by how you feel and use labs to guide you.
Most people seem to feel best with E2 20-30. I need to be low 20s because otherwise i have gyno. My SHBG is in the low 20s. So my free estradiol is higher than normal. Where your SHBG sits should have a lot to say of where is your E2 “sweet spot”

Gman86

Ya good points guys. Everyone is definitely different, but SHBG probably is the biggest factor in predicting around where your E2 should be. Mine is usually on the higher end. It jumps around, but usually between 40-55. So I would assume my E2 sweetspot is somewhere in the 25-45 range. My last E2 readings were E2 sens (73) and non-sens E2 (59), same blood test. SHBG was 47. I have zero nipple sens/ itching. Erections are about 80-100%, depending on how turned on I am in that moment. Libido is decent, but definitely could be better. When my libido is on the higher side, erections are 100% 10/10 times. Bloating, not sure. Idk how guys can distinguish belly fat from water bloat. No swelling around my fingers or face that I can tell. Biggest symptom is brain fog. But even if I had zero symptoms, I'd still want to get my E2 down to avoid any negative long term health side effects of having E2 high like this.

Would you guys mind posting ur pre-TRT SHBG and E2 levels, vs your current SHBG and E2 levels?

Last edited:

Nashtide

Ya good points guys. Everyone is definitely different, but SHBG probably is the biggest factor in predicting around where your E2 should be. Mine is usually on the higher end. It jumps around, but usually between 40-55. So I would assume my E2 sweetspot is somewhere in the 25-45 range. My last E2 readings were E2 sens (73) and non-sens E2 (59), same blood test. SHBG was 47. I have zero nipple sens/ itching. Erections are about 80-100%, depending on how turned on I am in that moment. Libido is decent, but definitely could be better. When my libido is on the higher side, erections are 100% 10/10 times. Bloating, not sure. Idk how guys can distinguish belly fat from water bloat. No swelling around my fingers or face that I can tell. Biggest symptom is brain fog. But even if I had zero symptoms, I'd still want to get my E2 down to avoid any negative long term health side effects of having E2 high like this.

Would you guys mind posting ur pre-TRT SHBG and E2 levels, vs your current SHBG and E2 levels?
I agree that SHBG is probably a good indicator of where E2 levels should be, but I also think that your level is too high for anyone. Just because you're not having serious symptoms doesn't mean all is well. Lots of folks walk around with high blood pressure and high sugar with either no symptoms or very mild symptoms. So symptoms aren't always the best way to evaluate a situation.

Gman86

I agree that SHBG is probably a good indicator of where E2 levels should be, but I also think that your level is too high for anyone. Just because you're not having serious symptoms doesn't mean all is well. Lots of folks walk around with high blood pressure and high sugar with either no symptoms or very mild symptoms. So symptoms aren't always the best way to evaluate a situation.

Exactly. Well said. I’m a nurse and see people on a daily basis with BP and blood sugar problems that exhibit zero symptoms. They’d never know if it wasn’t for me checking.

Dont forget to post pre TRT SHBG/ E2 and current SHBG/ E2 if you reply to this thread. That’s really the info I’m looking for here. Thanks.

Nashtide

Exactly. Well said. I’m a nurse and see people on a daily basis with BP and blood sugar problems that exhibit zero symptoms. They’d never know if it wasn’t for me checking.

Dont forget to post pre TRT SHBG/ E2 and current SHBG/ E2 if you reply to this thread. That’s really the info I’m looking for here. Thanks.
I don't have pre TRT SHBG or sensitive E2 numbers. I also haven't checked SHBG in a very long time. My sensitive E2 runs in the range of the low 30's. I'm having all this tested on July 18 and will post when I receive the results. If it matters, I feel awesome with those E2 levels. High libido and rock hard erections and I'm super old!

Gman86

I don't have pre TRT SHBG or sensitive E2 numbers. I also haven't checked SHBG in a very long time. My sensitive E2 runs in the range of the low 30's. I'm having all this tested on July 18 and will post when I receive the results. If it matters, I feel awesome with those E2 levels. High libido and rock hard erections and I'm super old!

Haha the end me laugh. But ya any info is helpful info. Appreciate the reply. Glad to see you’re feeling so great, and curious to see what your SHBG level comes back at. Definitely keep us posted with those new labs when they come in. Thanks.

Gman86

I'm someone who never had any struggles good or bad with estradiol levels, never even considered taking an AI and never really cared where my E2 sits. One of our members Vince Carter has had many struggles with is estradiol level and has some good threads on it.

I am always hot: Is this a high estradiol symptom?

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...m-always-hot-Is-this-a-high-estradiol-symptom

Being overly hot can definitely be a symptom of high E2. Not 100% sure if it's also a symptom of low E2 or not. What I do know though, is that anytime my E2 has been too low in the past, I get horrible hot flashes and night sweats. That might be different than just being overly hot on a regular basis though.

nolefan

Where did the E2 sweet spot come from? Any studies? Internet bro science?

Another what is considered to high for E2? Is it best to go off feel and not blood work?

CoastWatcher

Where did the E2 sweet spot come from? Any studies? Internet bro science?

Another what is considered to high for E2? Is it best to go off feel and not blood work?
If such a thing as an estradiol sweet-spot actually existed the entire dialing-in process would be a breeze. It's a dance between the objective, the lab results, and the subjective, how the patient feels.

Kirk001

Well in order to keep your E2 at pre-treatment levels you'd probably have to be on an AI indefinitely, right? Which is something most people would rather avoid.

I started with a SHBG of 36 and an E2 of 14. Now E2 is around 30 and it definitely feels too high. Although I've been on Clomid not test so that's a little different.

Gman86

I think an E2 sweetspot basically just came from some guys saying they subjectively feel their best in a relatively tight E2 range. I mean obviously everyone has an E2 sweetspot. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that hormones need to be in balance to feel your best. Seems like the only debatable factor is whether everyone would do better in a tighter E2 range or not. But honestly everyone’s so different. I would imagine that everyone does in fact have an E2 sweetspot, but some just have a wider range than others.

Gman86

My e2 was tanked. I had to wait for it to come up to feel the trt benefits.

Almost nobody feels good with e2 below 15 from what I’ve seen. Beyond that it’s just person to person. I’ve yet to get an e2 sensitive test when things are dead on. Dr unfortunately doesn’t do the sensitive or ultra sensitive. Ever time I’ve ended up doing e2 bc things didn’t feel right I was slightly low.

Personally i I think once you know what high and low e2 feels like you should try a protocol and go by feel. Then get bloods and adjust if needed.

Ya I think ur right. Going by feel is probably the best move. And I think most would agree that it’s much better to have E2 on the higher end than having it too low.

Vince

Super Moderator
I would a good range for men on TRT is Estradiol, Sensitive 20.0 - 35.0, if that's the sweet spot I wouldn't know.

nolefan

What is the highest you guys will let your E2 get. Mine came back at 46(high end of rang is 35) sensitive test. My doctor says that isn't high enough for an AI which I don't want to be on

Nashtide

What is the highest you guys will let your E2 get. Mine came back at 46(high end of rang is 35) sensitive test. My doctor says that isn't high enough for an AI which I don't want to be on
Everyone is different. I have high E2 symptoms at any level above 35.

Thus its a rather flawed discussion as there is not sweet spot. Each guy will be dramatically different. 21-30 is a garbage rule and so is the ratio theory.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me