Week 18 on TRT and have a few questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

steelballz

I am 52 yrs old and so far things look pretty good. Of course the normal impatience. 3 months after first injection of test cyp (100mg/week) my results came back. I talked to the doctor who was filling in for my regular endo. She asked me if I was taking anything else. So of course that had me concerned. She didn't tell me the numbers. When I went in the following week my regular endo she said things look great. So my question here is did my numbers go up too fast? And will they stay at this level or continue to rise. Also I noticed an increase in hemo/hema and bili.

Pre TRT:
test t = 248, range 241-827
test f = 10, range 6.8-21.5
psa = 1.16, range 0.00-3.60
hemo = 15.0, range 13.2-16.8
hema = 44.3, range 39.2-48.8
bili = 0.7, range 0.0-0.9

3 month test:
test t = 780, range 240-950
test f = 35, range 9-30
psa = 1.04, range 0.00-3.60
hemo = 16.9, range 13.2-16.8
hema = 49.3, range 39.2-48.8
bili = 1.2, range 0.0-0.9

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I am 52 yrs old and so far things look pretty good. Of course the normal impatience. 3 months after first injection of test cyp (100mg/week) my results came back. I talked to the doctor who was filling in for my regular endo. She asked me if I was taking anything else. So of course that had me concerned. She didn't tell me the numbers. When I went in the following week my regular endo she said things look great. So my question here is did my numbers go up too fast? And will they stay at this level or continue to rise. Also I noticed an increase in hemo/hema and bili.

Pre TRT:
test t = 248, range 241-827
test f = 10, range 6.8-21.5
psa = 1.16, range 0.00-3.60
hemo = 15.0, range 13.2-16.8
hema = 44.3, range 39.2-48.8
bili = 0.7, range 0.0-0.9

3 month test:
test t = 780, range 240-950
test f = 35, range 9-30
psa = 1.04, range 0.00-3.60
hemo = 16.9, range 13.2-16.8
hema = 49.3, range 39.2-48.8
bili = 1.2, range 0.0-0.9

Here's my $0.02.

Your numbers look good for what you posted...but more importantly, how are you feeling?

I'd like to see what your Estrogen levels look like along with SHBG and full Thyroid labs as well.

Keep an eye on Hematocrit levels and start to think about giving blood once a month.

Are you taking HCG to keep your testes functioning?

If you are not getting E2 tested nor HCG I would urge you to read the stickies in the main forum on why these are very important.

steelballz

Wow, thanks for the incredibly fast reply Gene. I fell pretty dam good. Not really noticing the gains that much when lifting yet but did notice a vascular change. My Libido is up and ED almost gone. Did gain 25lbs at 3 months but now at 4 months I am back down 10 pds. I currently weigh 240. I asked why she didn't test estrogen and she said because I have no signs. I did bring up that my testes have shrunk like 30% or more. Not having any more kids but it is weird that they are getting smaller. So I am on the fence with that. Beside keeping my testes normal size is there another benefit with going on the HCG. I would be concerned my Test levels may go to high. Do you think I am at the plateau with my T levels or can they still rise a bit? Sorry about all the question. I can find little to no info on all the sites on levels based on time and plateau points.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Well, evaluating Estrogen levels by that fact that you don't have symptoms wouldn't fly with me personally.

Remember, Estrogen follows Testosterone so it's a good idea to have some idea of where you are at from a lab perspective.

HCG does more than just keep testicular volume; we have LH receptors all over our body including our blood vessels and they are there for a reason.

Also, HCG (like LH) stimulates the p450sc enzyme which is necessary for the conversion of cholesterol into Pregnenolone and when you are HPTA suppressed and there is not LH production...guess what?

steelballz

Wow not sure how to answer. Trying to. I have results prior to the TRT not sure if that helps.
cortisol = 16.6, range 6-29
estradiol = 35.8, range nd-39.8
fsh = 3.5, range 2-18
lh = 4.01, range 2-18
Now I realize that being on TRT these probably have changed. I guess in time I will understand all this. Seems like there is a fine balance with all these hormones. I will ask for them to test everything on my next panel in May.

Bass

good responses by Gene as usual, but I think he meant to say donate blood once every two months as this is the shortest wait time allowed to donate. as for hematocrit, the range is more like 37.5-51% based on lab corp scale, but I'd still take Gene's advice and donate now to keep thing in check. what is your complete protocol?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Wow not sure how to answer. Trying to. I have results prior to the TRT not sure if that helps.
cortisol = 16.6, range 6-29
estradiol = 35.8, range nd-39.8
fsh = 3.5, range 2-18
lh = 4.01, range 2-18
Now I realize that being on TRT these probably have changed. I guess in time I will understand all this. Seems like there is a fine balance with all these hormones. I will ask for them to test everything on my next panel in May.

steelballz - If you go into the main Testosterone forum you will see posts (Stickies) at the top of the forum. There you will learn about Estrogen, HCG, Labs etc that will teach you the basics.

Also, you can purchase (download) Nelson's book and that will teach you as well.

In TRT, the educated man is the wise man!!!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me