Androgel vs Injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

JSH214

I am a retired 74 year old very fit for my age , been using Androgel for approx 8 years and have not been able to get my test over 500 with Free 5.8 which is low . What alarms me is my estradiol level on my recent labs was 41.6 which I was told was somewhat high . My DHT was 148 . I have been told that if I injected this would have an influence on my DHT and my estradiol .
Does anyone have any suggestions . Thanks
BTW I am 5’ 10” 170 lbs

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

There are very few men who reach youthful testosterone levels (high normal) on gels, and there's even a study out there which shows more muscle gains on injectables versus gels. Your Total T and Free T numbers suggest SHBG is elevated which is no surprise given your age, if high SHBG is confirmed it could binding up the majority of your bioavailable testosterone. The correct course of action is a TRT protocol with moderate to large dosages once or twice weekly. An aromatase inhibitor can be used to control estrogen is you are symptomatic, working with a unskilled doctor could make things worse.

Working with a garden variety GP or endo will usually end badly, not many doctors understand how the TRT game is played, those that do don't usually take insurance.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...crease-Muscle-and-Strength-Better-than-T-gels

Last edited:
With androgel were you having your blood drawn 2 hours after application? and how much are you usuing...how many pumps? It's quite common for guys to have absorption problems with topicals but many don't know this about the blood draw and applications.

CoastWatcher

If after eight years you've not been able to raise your total and free testosterone values beyond the low levels you quoted with Androgel, the verdict is in; it's not going to happen. You have two choices. You can seek a compounding pharmacy and ask your doctor to issue a prescription for a compounded cream. Reports here indicate that some men who have failed to reach their goals with Androgel respond to a compounded cream. I am no fan of topicals, but if you wish to try one last time, consider a compounded cream. Or, working with a skilled doctor, design an injection protocol. The concerns you raise can be overcome.

JSH214

I am now using 2 pumps in morning and 2 pumps at night on my upper arms . The last blood draw was taken about 3 hours after my morning application . Is that the optimal time to do the blood draw ? I am now going to use a lotion after the application dries to see if I get better absorption . What do you think about using a aromatose inhibitor for my elevated estradiol?

JSH214

Thanks for the reply Systemlord , the problem I have been having is finding a well informed Dr on male hormone therapy. Could you give me some more info on SHBG and how it relates to free ? Currently I am not symptomatic from the elevated estradiol . Does that mean I shouldn't address the elevated estradiol ? My GP knows very little about TRT .

Systemlord

Thanks for the reply Systemlord , the problem I have been having is finding a well informed Dr on male hormone therapy. Could you give me some more info on SHBG and how it relates to free ? Currently I am not symptomatic from the elevated estradiol . Does that mean I shouldn't address the elevated estradiol ? My GP knows very little about TRT .

There are a lot of members here who use Defy Medical, they offer telemedicine for those in other states and staff competent doctors. SHBG scavenages sex hormones so that it doesn't clear out of the body too quickly, it binds up the majority of your testosterone and only allows 2-3 percent of it to be bioavailable.

When SHBG is elevated, this in effect lowers bioavailable (free) testosterone which is the stuff that makes the magic happen. We always treat the symptoms, not the numbers, estrogen is important for bones health and libido. Getting the balance right is important, you don't want estrogen to be too high when testosterone is lower, this is estrogen dominance.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me