Why does once weekly injections get such a bad rap?

Buy Lab Tests Online

sh1973

I’ve been on trt a long time and have tried nearly everything other than pellets. Throughout the years I’ve tried several times splitting the dose with doing IM or subQ and either way just wasn’t ever the same as once weekly. I do have high shbg which I’m sure has some impact. I’ve noticed guys with lower shbg as well over the years that also claim they do better with once weekly. I wonder if low shbg guys would do better if they just dosed 50-60mg once weekly over the daily injections. Another thing I’ve noticed from lots of reading over the years as well as messaging guys is, the guys with the most overall success, meaning not constant tinkering are doing once weekly shots. Any input appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigBamBoo

I am pretty new on TRT and started for energy and gym performance, so take it for what it is worth.

The once a week vs multiple times a week injections, I am going to guess it would be about limiting the highs and lows amd hormone fluctuations.

I am sure you will will get lots of response about this.

As you pointed out. SHBG is going to make a big difference for the dosing schedule.

Sean Mosher

I don't know that it necessarily gets a bad rap, but multiple injections per week seems to just be more popular and for many guys very needed for stability.
If you're good-to-go on once weekly I wouldn't mess with anything.

M

MarkM

Many people seem to end up on a rollercoaster on once weekly injections. Depending on how large that one weekly injection is it could really spike the estradiol levels, maybe bring on unwanted acne, reduce SHBG levels, etc.....

You say you're high SHBG so you should probably be on a higher weekly dosage of test to overcome that high SHBG and have some Free T left over. But we are all different. I hear all the time that low SHBG individuals need injections everyday or EOD to be successful on TRT but I'll bet there are a few low SHBG guys that feel great on one large weekly injections.

We all must learn from others and then find our own way.

sh1973

I don't know that it necessarily gets a bad rap, but multiple injections per week seems to just be more popular and for many guys very needed for stability.
If you're good-to-go on once weekly I wouldn't mess with anything.
That makes sense, but it seems most clinics anymore just start patients from the start on multiple injections. Perhaps for some a more simplistic approach such as once weekly would be best and certainly be easier as far as patient compliance. Same with aromatase inhibitors, many physicians put patients on these right from the start, which could have deleterious effects later in life. My theory is less is better in most cases.

CoastWatcher

That makes sense, but it seems most clinics anymore just start patients from the start on multiple injections. Perhaps for some a more simplistic approach such as once weekly would be best and certainly be easier as far as patient compliance. Same with aromatase inhibitors, many physicians put patients on these right from the start, which could have deleterious effects later in life. My theory is less is better in most cases.
I certainly agree that "less is better" (and your point about anastrozole is on the money). In fact, multiple injections per week frequently lead to a lower overall weekly dose of testosterone being delivered. In my own case, daily injections resulted in 112 mg of testosterone, 16mg a day, delivering locked-in levels of testosterone and estradiol for nearly four years. 120mg once a week and 60mg twice a week sent e2 up and my testosterone was on a roller-coaster. It all comes down to how different we all are.

If there's a low SHBG(~15) guy that says he's doing once per week and has anything positive to say about it he's kidding himself as he'd be in a low T state on about day 4-7. Wouldn't be too crazy to hear some guy prove that he likes that but it'd be a unicorn type situation. Once per week for any guy usually isn't going to be the best thing, barealy accounts for the half life of Cyp, 6 days depending on who you ask, or, again, the SHBG.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me