Closing Ability to Post in Introduction Forum Folder

I am noticing that a lot of people are bypassing the topic folders set up to answer questions on a respective topic and instead they are posting in the Introduction Forum. This causes information to be misplaced and questions are not addressed in an efficient way.

I will be closing the Introduction Forum to new posts soon. Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

I think this is a good move. While the intention is always good, new members rarely want to simply say, "hello" (though that does happen on occasion). In most instances, the greeting becomes a plunge into discussion about substantive matters - all of which is good.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

I don't always click on the introduction forum sections, I prefer to welcome them in their first official thread detailing their issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Vergel View Post
    I am noticing that a lot of people are bypassing the topic folders set up to answer questions on a respective topic and instead they are posting in the Introduction Forum. This causes information to be misplaced and questions are not addressed in an efficient way.

I will be closing the Introduction Forum to new posts soon. Thoughts?
    If that's a reference to the (over)abundance of stickied posts that seem to be ignored, along with the search function, I agree.

Thread Information