TRT - Trouble After Years of Success

Buy Lab Tests Online

PB

Ive been on TRT for 10 years and the last year has been misrable. My Dr had me on 200mg cyp every 10 days , I had prostate issues. I switced to 30 mg 3 times a week thinking that would help with estrogen and it did plus im taking Dim. Ive been able to bring my estrogen down but I dont feel good low sex drive anxiety. My numbers all come back in rage. Im tempted to go back to 100mg once a week any suggestions

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Welcome.

I suggest you post your labs, not just testosterone and SHBG but also thyroid labs. Once weekly injections will cause testosterone to be high in the beginning of the week and low by the end of the week. In ranges doesn't mean much if it's too much for you, when my testosterone is high normal I feel unwell.

M

MarkM

Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie to the forum myself but have been on TRT for 13 years. Sorry to hear about the past year being so terrible. I'm not surprised you had problems on 200 mg Cyp once every 10 days. A protocol like that doesn't work for very many people, if any. I'll bet you had an emotional rollercoaster on 200 mg every 10 days. If you could post your complete labs it would give others on the forum, with a great deal of experience, a better chance to try and help you. Do you have labs that would include total and free testosterone, estradiol sensitive (the LC/MS/MS assay), SHBG, PSA, and a complete thyroid panel? Finding out what your SHBG is will go a long way in these gentlemen on the forum being able to help you. It will help determine what would be your best protocol. If I were you I would not change anything yet. 30 mg three times a week is probably better than one large injection of 100 mg unless your SHBG is very high. Sit tight, post the labs, and these guys will help you. Best wishes

PB

Would you suggest inject 2 times a week. Ive been struggling ive come down with anxiety and my Dr thinks its all in my head. This all came about when I started injecting 3 times a week and my estrogen at one point was 39 and my ultra sesitive was 65.

M

MarkM

It's hard to say without knowing what your labs look like. If your estradiol sensitive is truly at 65 then you are way over the range, which for LabCorp is 35 at the upper limit. But, let's not chase numbers. It is more about how you feel verse a number. It sounds like you feel crappy and it is probably in large part to your estradiol being so high. Normally, lower dosages spread out across the week such as every other day or in some cases every day will help bring the estradiol down. That works especially good if your SHBG is low. Was the estradiol sensitive at 65 on the 200 mg every 10 days or on your new protocol of 3 mg three times a week? We really need to see some labs to offer you good advice. I'm sure others with much more knowledge than I will come to your assistance. Hang in there.

Systemlord

SHBG determines dosing and injection frequency, so you see without it you're flying blind. Your estrogen is double the reference range and you are clearly presenting with symptoms, suggest searching for a new doctor.

The fact that your doctor thinks it's all in your head with estrogen twice the reference ranges is deplorable! In reality, he doesn't know what to do because his toolbox is empty.

Systemlord

I think you got the estrogen scores backwards, ultrasensitive would always be lower than non-sensitive which is why men ignore non- sensitive estrogen as it's best for females.

All you need to do is reduce dosage to 25mg 3 times per week, or you could do 40mg twice weekly, this should bring estrogen into range.

PB

Systemlord Thank u! Can high estrogen cause a man to feel like shit and get anxiity which Ive never. Had before

Vince

Super Moderator
T4 1.4 T3 3.0 TSH 1.67. Thyroid 1 Test 937 estrogen 39 ultrasenstive estrogen 65. SHBG 35

Your numbers look good. I wouldn't be too concerned about your estradiol levels. I would inject 50 mg of T twice a week, but because you felt good at 100 mg once a week. I would just go back to your old protocol .

CoastWatcher

Systemlord Thank u! Can high estrogen cause a man to feel like shit and get anxiity which Ive never. Had before
High estradiol can certainly cause anxiety and other problems - just as low estradiol can. You aren't the first to post a higher (ultra)sensitive e2 value than was captured on the standard test...but you are unique with that sort of dramatic difference. When were they pulled in relationship to one another?

Systemlord

Absolutely, I'm feeling it right now as a matter of fact. I'm jittery, irritable, moody, libido and erection on vacation. Given your SHBG I would normally recommend 50mg twice weekly, but you seem sensitive to estrogen and you just might require an aromatase inhibitor together with your TRT protocol. Your estrogen is as high as mine on a reasonable dosage.

You need a new doctor, it's that simple. Most of have gone private because we are tired of dealing with garden variety clueless doctors, I suck it up and joined Defy Medical that offers telemedicine where everything is mailed to you. It's your only chance to work with a skilled doctor.

PB

The 1st was pulled in march and I was doing 40 mg every other day and I almost lost my mind that test showed my test lveles were 1080 and my estrogen waz 39 and my ultrasenstive was 65 . beginning of june did another test and my test was 931 and estrogen waz 39 and ultrasenstive 62.

CoastWatcher

Ten years of TRT, and this is the first time you've had problems? How often has your protocol changes in that period of time? Were those changes unremarkable, nothing to complain about? How old are you? Any other health changes you haven't mentioned?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me