Medical Marijuana Discussion By Will Brink

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Medical Marijuana Discussion
By Will Brink

There's little doubt at this point there are legit medical uses for various compounds found in Cannabis - some of which are only now being examined in depth via ongoing research. Current legal control status in the US and stigma have prevented most medical researchers from touching it, but that appears to be changing finally. Various states in the US allow for medical cannabis (MC) use and the number of states allowing MC growing rapidly. Each state has its own approach and laws and list of ailments (see below) medical cannabis is approved for ranges from state to state.

medical marijuana pot.jpg

The endocannabinoid system, for example, is a fast emerging area of research. Several compounds found in cannabis (Phytocannabinoids) directly impact this system. The best known of course is Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the most psychoactive of them. Others, however, appear to have direct effects and benefits and has no psychoactive effects, such as cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) which appear to have anti-inflammatory and possible anti-cancer effects. Various pharma companies are looking into compounds that target receptors in Endocannabinoid System and is an emerging target of Pharmacotherapy for a wide range of human diseases.
Marijuana and some individual compounds found in Marijuana are being looked at for PTSD and several recent studies suggest benefit and various states have approved medical Marijuana for PTSD, but check with your state for specifics.
Note: It should be noted that in some, Marijuana use can make PTSD worse in some users, so it should not be undertaken without supervision if diagnosed with PTSD.

If You're In Florida:

If you're in Florida, these are to conditions and ailments the state has currently approved as eligible for medical marijuana under the Florida Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative, as per Amendment 2:

• [*=1]Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease)
    [*=1]Anxiety
    [*=1]Anorexia
    [*=1]Arthritis
    [*=1]Back Pain
    [*=1]Cachexia
    [*=1]Cancer
    [*=1]Chronic Pain/Severe Pain
    [*=1]Crohn's disease
    [*=1]Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome
    [*=1]Diabetes
    [*=1]epilepsy
    [*=1]glaucoma
    [*=1]Hepatitis C
    [*=1]HIV/AIDS
    [*=1]Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    [*=1]Lyme Disease
    [*=1]Migraines
    [*=1]Multiple sclerosis
    [*=1]Muscular Dystrophy
    [*=1]Muscle Spasms/Chronic Muscle Spasms
    [*=1]Parkinson's disease
    [*=1]post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
    [*=1]Seizures
    [*=1]Severe Nausea
    [*=1]Sickle Cell Anemia
    [*=1]Spasticity
* Or any other ailment/condition of the same severity/symptoms, when determined by a physician's opinion that the medical use of marijuana would surpass any potential health risks a terminal condition/terminal illness.

For more info, questions, and to find out if you qualify got medical cannabis in Florida go to:

RX Medical Marijuana Florida

If you're not in Florida, check with your state for MM status and if you qualify.

Resources:
A review of the Endocannabinoid system HERE
Various studies of interest HERE
I highly recommend people take the time to view this vid series from AWE. These are anecdotal discussions with users and med/sci types, but more than compelling enough that we need to move forward with additional research and less agenda and bias and separate the topic from those who just want to get stoned from those with legit medical need:
Marijuana, Miracle Cure?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

I have found CBD oil to be very helpful for reducing the pain and stiffness that comes from sitting for long periods on planes or while driving. It's important to point out that while proper CBD oil has a small amount of THC, it is available in most states and is not considered “medical marijuana”. Also, THC is apparently only psychoactive if it is heated but it appears to have benefits in its unheated state. I also know people for whom CBD oil resolved chronic pain issues which they had spent years trying to find a mainstream solution for so IMO it's worth a try, especially since I have yet to hear of any downside of any kind. Something to be aware of is that it seems to lose its effectiveness, at least for me, if not used within about two months. IOW there seems to be some sort of decay and ordering large quantities may not be a great idea. I use CWhemp but I have heard good things about H Hemp as well.

Will Brink

I have found CBD oil to be very helpful for reducing the pain and stiffness that comes from sitting for long periods on planes or while driving. It’s important to point out that while proper CBD oil has a small amount of THC, it is available in most states and is not considered “medical marijuana”. Also, THC is apparently only psychoactive if it is heated but it appears to have benefits in its unheated state. I also know people for whom CBD oil resolved chronic pain issues which they had spent years trying to find a mainstream solution for so IMO it's worth a try, especially since I have yet to hear of any downside of any kind. Something to be aware of is that it seems to lose its effectiveness, at least for me, if not used within about two months. IOW there seems to be some sort of decay and ordering large quantities may not be a great idea. I use CWhemp but I have heard good things about H Hemp as well.

OTC CBD can be worth trying, but many of the clinical effects require, and or are improved by, some THC. Two, OTC CBD often ranges considerably in quality in CBD content, often on testing, wildly off from label claims. Three, OTC CBD may or may not be tested for chems used in growth, extraction, etc. Getting a standardized medical grade CBD and or THC/CBD product, especially if attempting to manage a specific medical condition, if offered in your state, is worth it in my view.

Last edited:

davidrn

I've had a Medical marijuana Card in my state for a few years, it was given related to my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I buy a strong CBD strain with a lesser amount of THC, I purchase it as a tincture, and use it one hour prior to sleep. For sleep it has helped, but even more important, prior to MMJ, my CRP was at best aprox 5, with my meds working well. After starting MMJ, my CRP dropped to 0.2, it could be exercise, or diet, or God, but it seems the MMJ was the only new change prior to the CRP improving. I voted against recreational marijuana in my state, because when I go to the dispensary (once every 6 months) the people I see don't seem to have a physical issues, and their reason for a MMJ card is usually "Anxiety". Not sure if the cards will continue to be misused in future with my state allowing legal rec sales.

Will Brink

This generally conservative traditional establishment gives a fair and balanced opinion on the topic:

"The most common use for medical marijuana in the United States is for pain control. While marijuana isn't strong enough for severe pain (for example, post-surgical pain or a broken bone), it is quite effective for the chronic pain that plagues millions of Americans, especially as they age. Part of its allure is that it is clearly safer than opiates (it is impossible to overdose on and far less addictive) and it can take the place of NSAIDs such as Advil or Aleve, if people can't take them due to problems with their kidneys or ulcers or GERD.

In particular, marijuana appears to ease the pain of multiple sclerosis, and nerve pain in general."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/medical-marijuana-2018011513085

Last edited:
I've had a Medical marijuana Card in my state for a few years, it was given related to my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I buy a strong CBD strain with a lesser amount of THC, I purchase it as a tincture, and use it one hour prior to sleep. For sleep it has helped, but even more important, prior to MMJ, my CRP was at best aprox 5, with my meds working well. After starting MMJ, my CRP dropped to 0.2, it could be exercise, or diet, or God, but it seems the MMJ was the only new change prior to the CRP improving. I voted against recreational marijuana in my state, because when I go to the dispensary (once every 6 months) the people I see don't seem to have a physical issues, and their reason for a MMJ card is usually "Anxiety". Not sure if the cards will continue to be misused in future with my state allowing legal rec sales.

You've seen the list:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease)
Anxiety
Anorexia
Arthritis
Back Pain
Cachexia
Cancer
Chronic Pain/Severe Pain
Crohn's disease
Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome
Diabetes
epilepsy
glaucoma
Hepatitis C
HIV/AIDS
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Lyme Disease
Migraines
Multiple sclerosis
Muscular Dystrophy
Muscle Spasms/Chronic Muscle Spasms
Parkinson's disease
post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Seizures
Severe Nausea
Sickle Cell Anemia
Spasticity

Anyone who wants to get stoned can fake many of these, Its a joke and yet another way doctors can make a quick buck of the public.
Prohibition did not work for alcohol blackmarket and now medical pot does not work. People find away.
Going rec pot takes the bad guys out of the picture and cleans up the quality so you are not smoking mold.

I live in Colorado I don't really enjoy the pot here it is way too strong like trying to drink from a fire hose.
But my state is making a fortune and we see that old mob and gang money now going into parks and rec areas, fish stocking and campground improvements.
The only negative side so far is it attracts all the looser high school dropouts from all over the US. Our jails are overflowing with petty thiefs.

Will Brink

You've seen the list:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease)
Anxiety
Anorexia
Arthritis
Back Pain
Cachexia
Cancer
Chronic Pain/Severe Pain
Crohn's disease
Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome
Diabetes
epilepsy
glaucoma
Hepatitis C
HIV/AIDS
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Lyme Disease
Migraines
Multiple sclerosis
Muscular Dystrophy
Muscle Spasms/Chronic Muscle Spasms
Parkinson's disease
post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Seizures
Severe Nausea
Sickle Cell Anemia
Spasticity

Anyone who wants to get stoned can fake many of these,

Excuse me? You're gonna fake AIDs, cancer, MS, MD, ALS, Sickle Cell Anemia, etc? There's a few on that list one can "fake" but not many, and in FL, you need a medical diagnosis via a separate doc. Probably the easiest is PTSD. Some will do it as a legal way to get stoned, the majority do it because they're in pain, etc.

Its a joke and yet another way doctors can make a quick buck of the public.
Prohibition did not work for alcohol blackmarket and now medical pot does not work. People find away.
Going rec pot takes the bad guys out of the picture and cleans up the quality so you are not smoking mold.

I live in Colorado I don't really enjoy the pot here it is way too strong like trying to drink from a fire hose.
But my state is making a fortune and we see that old mob and gang money now going into parks and rec areas, fish stocking and campground improvements.
The only negative side so far is it attracts all the looser high school dropouts from all over the US. Our jails are overflowing with petty thiefs.

Can't speak for CO, but in FL, it's not smoked, and the ability to titrate exact doses needed to manage those conditions, using a few different delivery options, by a doc who assists in dosing, types, (strains, ratio of CBDs/THC, etc) is essential to the person looking for relief. "Just go smoke some weed" kinda attitude demonstrates ignorance over recreational vs medical usage and only make it worse, not better in terms of the stigma of it.

Does FL have Medical marijuana yet? I've lived thru it Will.

The MM and rec pot are in the same room just the other side of the store. Colorado was one of the first states to go Medical marijuana we've had it for a few years now. Prescription Gummy bears, vap pens, buds for pipes they even have pre rolled joints. CBD oils are in a seperate display.

This town is full of docs willing to write you a script for cash before the rec passed. All my stoner friends had a med card. OH! your back hurts from taking out the trash...Oh my, here let me get you a card for that now that will be 500 dollars please.
Pot doctors are like T doctors there aren't many out there that know what they are doing. It's brave new world. No med school taught THC/CBD therapy.

I'm not saying MM does not help some folks.

Will Brink

Does FL have Medical marijuana yet? I've lived thru it Will.

The MM and rec pot are in the same room just the other side of the store. Colorado was one of the first states to go Medical marijuana we've had it for a few years now. Prescription Gummy bears, vap pens, buds for pipes they even have pre rolled joints. CBD oils are in a seperate display.

This town is full of docs willing to write you a script for cash before the rec passed. All my stoner friends had a med card. OH! your back hurts from taking out the trash...Oh my, here let me get you a card for that now that will be 500 dollars please.
Pot doctors are like T doctors there aren't many out there that know what they are doing. It's brave new world. No med school taught THC/CBD therapy.

I'm not saying MM does not help some folks.

You cut and pasted the list from the Florida approved list of conditions for MM, so perhaps take 2 minutes to read what I'd written on the topic vs make comments that apply to CO dude. Is that too much to ask?

Blackhawk

LOL! A year before rec in Colorado, I went for a med card. Not kidding, Dr R....bud set me up. It was only $80, not $500. Patients were flowing through his office every 10 minutes or so.

So I had actual questions for him regarding my pains, insomnia and PTSD. He seemed pretty surprised to actually receive medically based questions.

MM and CBD products have indeed helped me at times. I dislike being high very much, it causes me paranoia and anxiety, and that on top of PTSD makes things worse, so the lowest %THC with significant CBD is best for my needs. I tend to use it these days only when I'm having a hard time getting to sleep.

Will Brink

No you just want to argue I'm done with this thread.

You make ignorant comments on my thread and you'll get called out. An adult would have said "my bad, I should have read it before making those comments" But you decided to double down on them and do the "I'm taking my toys and go home" thing like a petulant child.

What ever. Back to the topic... a Florida focused discussion on medical M with links to resources for those who want to learn more about the topic in general.

Will Brink

LOL! A year before rec in Colorado, I went for a med card. Not kidding, Dr R....bud set me up. It was only $80, not $500. Patients were flowing through his office every 10 minutes or so.

So I had actual questions for him regarding my pains, insomnia and PTSD. He seemed pretty surprised to actually receive medically based questions.

MM and CBD products have indeed helped me at times. I dislike being high very much, it causes me paranoia and anxiety, and that on top of PTSD makes things worse, so the lowest %THC with significant CBD is best for my needs. I tend to use it these days only when I'm having a hard time getting to sleep.

In FL they are quite strict about that. Maybe it will loosen up over time, I don't know. May not be a benefit to people to loosen up if attempting to treat serious conditions. People with PTSD need to be careful as it can make it worse in some, so the low THC option best in many cases no doubt. In FL you have to go through a lengthy process to get that card. I suspect most people just looking to get stoned who don't really suffer the conditions listed will not bother to go through the process, and i suspect that was the states intentions. No doubt, the way CO has gone about it a double edge sword.

Blackhawk

In FL they are quite strict about that. Maybe it will loosen up over time, I don't know. May not be a benefit to people to loosen up if attempting to treat serious conditions. People with PTSD need to be careful as it can make it worse in some, so the low THC option best in many cases no doubt. In FL you have to go through a lengthy process to get that card. I suspect most people just looking to get stoned who don't really suffer the conditions listed will not bother to go through the process, and i suspect that was the states intentions. No doubt, the way CO has gone about it a double edge sword.

I actually appreciate the freedom to make my own choices and self treat without having to jump the med card hoops.

IME, The double edged sword isn't predominantly because of differing state laws. Until the feds re or deschedule from schedule 1 status and things change in the mainstream medical system, MDs in general have little incentive and precious few resources to base recommendations for patients' treatment.

davidrn

Here in Massachusetts, there are 9 medical reasons for a medical marijuana card. I have to see a special MD once a year to renew my card, I fit into 2 categories with my RA and chronic pain. There was an article in a Boston paper that mentioned that only 9% of those with a MMJ card received it for the first 9 reasons, the 93% were for number 10, other or not mentioned. (this includes anxiety and other non clinical reasons).
Because my inflammatory markers were high over the past 15 years(example CRP was as high as 70, normal is <5), I use the MMJ tincture with more CBD than THC, I also use ashwagandha , ALA, ginger, and fish oil. I also try and keep my Omega 3 to 6 levels closer together, than O6 high, it has been suggested that Paleo man was at a 1-1 relationship for Omega 3 & 6, the average Joe today has a Omega 6 level closer to 40 to 1.

davidrn

, MDs in general have little incentive and precious few resources to base recommendations for patients' treatment.
I am doing the teaching for my Rheumatologist on Medical Marijuana use, she works for a group affiliated with Harvard, (as did I in the research side) and Harvard MDs are not allowed to discuss MMJ with patients or attend inservices. She had no idea, prior to my discussing it with her that there are specific strains for each type of medical issue. Funny part is, she is originally from Israel, where most of the research has been going on for some time.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me