Blueberry smoothie: Great way to start the day if short on time

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dave Barry

SMOOTHIE

1. Blueberry Smoothie

"This is not only great for your health, but it's loaded with antioxidants, phytochemicals, and flavonoids, which are vital for cellular health and disease prevention."

• Big handful frozen or fresh organic wild blueberries (or blackberries)
• 1/2 Banana
• 1 Tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil
• 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
• 1 Tbsp chia seeds
• Pinch of cinnamon
• 1 cup hemp milk, almond milk, oat milk, or coconut water as your base
* 1 scoop micellar casein vanilla or strawberry protein powder

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Dave Barry

Nelson,

Are you able to eat Greek yogurt consistently or only in small amounts? I am going to start adding more flaxseed, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and extra virgin coconut oil in more of my drinks and cereals. I think the omega-3 fatty acids will help with my heart, inflammation, and there's even some research that shows that it may help to reduce body-fat as well.

Blackhawk

Hey Dave Barry, It's been a few years and my memory is a bit fuzzy about it now, but I stopped using any significant amount of flax because:

The source of Omega 3 in flax ALA-Alpha linoleic acid needs to be converted to EPA and DHA in the human body, but human physiology does not do this conversion well. So for example, vegans have much lower blood concentrations of usable omega 3 compared to those who eat high omega 3 fish or take fish oil. (Also seems there was a common inability to convert ALA with some genetic factor/ blood type or something like that).

-Flax has estrogenic effect on men.

Is there more recent info on flax as source of omega 3 and it's estrogenic effects? Thanks. I'd just like to re-evaluate for my own use if the wisdom has chaged

Vince

Super Moderator
Hey Dave Barry, It's been a few years and my memory is a bit fuzzy about it now, but I stopped using any significant amount of flax because:

The source of Omega 3 in flax ALA-Alpha linoleic acid needs to be converted to EPA and DHA in the human body, but human physiology does not do this conversion well. So for example, vegans have much lower blood concentrations of usable omega 3 compared to those who eat high omega 3 fish or take fish oil. (Also seems there was a common inability to convert ALA with some genetic factor/ blood type or something like that).

-Flax has estrogenic effect on men.

Is there more recent info on flax as source of omega 3 and it's estrogenic effects? Thanks. I'd just like to re-evaluate for my own use if the wisdom has chaged
I have to agree with you, I being a man stay away form flaxseed. I know the seed is safer then the oil.

Gman86

And don't forget that the protein in cooked eggs is significantly more bioavailable than raw eggs.

“The true digestibility of raw egg protein was significantly less, compared to that of cooked egg protein. On average, the amount of raw egg protein that was absorbed, was only 51%, compared to almost 91% of the cooked egg protein”

Gman86

That’s interesting that yogurt doesn’t bother you but whey protein does. It must be from the bacteria in the yogurt breaking down the lactose.

Have you you ever tried unflavored whey Nelson? I used to get so much gas from optimum nutrition’s whey protein, but get none while using NAKED grass fed unflavored whey.

Re-Ride

Dave, frozen organic blueberries are available year round at Costco $3/pound. Flax seed: what Blackhwk said. Best uses: small amounts fresh ground as a flavor enhancer; linseed oil as a preservative for wood. Possible benefits: fiber, phytonutients. Whole seed: safest form , used as a stool bulking agent. Concerns: lignans, anti-nutrients, phytoestrogens. Rapidly oxidized once ground. Grind fresh from whole organic seeds immediately prior to consumption. A mini electric coffee works well here.

Yogurt: 100% lactose-free if the correct cultures and methods are used. Seek out small local dairies. Green Valley ( SF Bay Area ) is a fine example.

Hot Dog Water: gluten-free, keto-diet compatible, the smartest unfiltered water around. Remove dog before combing in smoothie. "Increases vitality, brain function, promotes youthful appearance and weight loss" according to creator Doug Bevens. Limited availability at the special intro price per pint $38 CAD $28 USD before tariff.

That's interesting that yogurt doesn't bother you but whey protein does. It must be from the bacteria in the yogurt breaking down the lactose.

Have you you ever tried unflavored whey Nelson? I used to get so much gas from optimum nutrition's whey protein, but get none while using NAKED grass fed unflavored whey.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me