Two questions about applying transdermal testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

paco

I have two questions about using testosterone gel, according to the recommendations provided by Dr. Crisler in his video (https://www.excelmale.com/?s=74-Dr-John-Crisler-ON-Transdermal-Testosterone) on transdermal testosterone. I’m about a week and a half in (nothing to report yet), and I want to be sure I’m doing things correctly. Thanks in advance for the help!:)

1) It is said to avoid the blood draw site and surrounding area when using the forearms to apply the gel to your flanks, as this may cause a lab error. I’m trying to avoid that area, but I can’t say I’m doing a perfect job as there’s a fair amount of Testim gel to spread around and it tends to travel up the arms as it’s being applied. So, would it be sufficient to just completely avoid that area the day of the blood draw or for a few days beforehand? Or, does that skin “build up” testosterone over time so that it could impact blood test results for a longer period of time?

2) I am also curious whether the following study - which states that absorption is reduced when applying to the abdomen - is relevant to those of us who are applying to our flanks. A little gets on the abdomen when applying to the flanks (again, as it is a fair amount of gel so it spreads around), but not a lot. It’s a given that I want to maximize absorption, particularly since the doctor started me at 5 g per day, a relatively low dose.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21454244

Pharmacokinetics and relative bioavailability of absorbed testosterone after administration of a 1.62% testosterone gel to different application sites in men with hypogonadism.
Miller J, Britto M, Fitzpatrick S, McWhirter C, Testino SA, Brennan JJ, Zumbrunnen TL.

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
To determine the pharmacokinetics, bioavailability, and safety of a new formulation (1.62%) of testosterone gel that produces eugonadal serum testosterone levels with use of a lower amount of gel than the currently available 1% gels.
METHODS:
In an open-label, randomized, 3-way crossover study, 36 male patients with hypogonadism applied 5 g of 1.62% testosterone gel (81 mg of testosterone) once daily to the abdomen, to the upper arms/shoulders, or alternating between both sites per an established schedule for 7 days. Serum levels of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and estradiol were measured and used to compare the pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of the 3 treatments.
RESULTS:
Each application method produced average serum testosterone concentrations within the eugonadal range (300 to 1,000 ng/dL), and steady-state testosterone concentrations were achieved after 2 days of gel application to either the abdomen or the upper arms/shoulders. When testosterone gel was applied to the abdomen, approximately 30% to 40% lower bioavailability (based on area under the serum concentration-time curve from 0 to 24 hours) was observed in comparison with application to the upper arms/shoulders. The 1.62% testosterone gel was found to be safe and well tolerated in men with hypogonadism.

CONCLUSION:
Although lower testosterone bioavailability was observed after abdominal application of 1.62% testosterone gel in comparison with application to the upper arms/shoulders, application to either site yielded eugonadal levels of serum testosterone.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I used to apply to the upper legs and inner thighs and had no issues wth absorption. My doctor also recommended rotating application sites because his opinion was that most men become non-responders in part due to our own defenses (body finds a way to shut down absorption since the skin is meant as a defensive barrier) - or something along those lines lol.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I would not be surprised that the lower subcutaneous fat content in extremities provide better absorption than an area like the abdomen where there is more fat. I have not seen any data on estradiol differences between both sites but I bet estradiol is probably higher when using the abdominal area since there is aromatization in fat cells.

I would just use the back of your upper thighs specially if you have small children hugging your legs when you wear shorts on weekends. Also, remember not to transfer testosterone to your sexual partner by not using the gel within two hours before sex (that is why I like the back of the thighs since that area is hardly touched in sex).

paco

Thanks. Does anyone have any thoughts on my first question?

1) It is said to avoid the blood draw site and surrounding area when using the forearms to apply the gel to your flanks, as this may cause a lab error. I'm trying to avoid that area, but I can't say I'm doing a perfect job as there's a fair amount of Testim gel to spread around and it tends to travel up the arms as it's being applied. So, would it be sufficient to just completely avoid that area the day of the blood draw or for a few days beforehand? Or, does that skin “build up” testosterone over time so that it could impact blood test results for a longer period of time?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks. Does anyone have any thoughts on my first question?

1) It is said to avoid the blood draw site and surrounding area when using the forearms to apply the gel to your flanks, as this may cause a lab error. I'm trying to avoid that area, but I can't say I'm doing a perfect job as there's a fair amount of Testim gel to spread around and it tends to travel up the arms as it's being applied. So, would it be sufficient to just completely avoid that area the day of the blood draw or for a few days beforehand? Or, does that skin “build up” testosterone over time so that it could impact blood test results for a longer period of time?

Just avoid it the day on that area of the draw and make sure you have showered before your test.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me