1. #1

    My bad experience on Cialis (Tadalafil)

    So I decided to try Tadalafil troches 25mg (Cialis) on my last order. Didn't have ED problems, I noticed reading here a few guys use a small amount to get a good pump in the gym. I figured a bigger pump sounds nice and was curious if it could make my hard on's even harder lol.

    Started at a 1/4 of the pill for a few days. I felt only a slight improvement which could have been placebo. Around this time I felt slight lower back pain which at the time I thought was from me bike riding more. So I increased to half a pill. With in a few days my lower back and glutes got very tight. I could tell it was muscle tightness due to the lose of flexibility. I decided to go back down to a 1/4 pill. Only lasted one day. The pain was only getting worse and felt like my femur bones and hip started to hurt also. Decided no more Tadalafil. The pain got even worse on my first day of stopping. I'm thinking it was building up in my system. That night I took a pain reliever pill to fall asleep. By the end of the next day it stopped getting worse. The following day I finally started getting relief. Today is the third day off and I feel a lot better. I notice flexibility is coming back also. I figure in another day or two I'll be back to normal.

    Just wanted to put this out here as a heads up for anyone trying it and noticing this problem. It may be the pill causing it. Iv'e read back pain is one of the possible symptoms. I didn't have any other problems though. But that back pain was unbearable by the end.
    Last edited by WrenchHead80; 06-19-2018 at 07:08 PM.

  2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    51
    Help Excelmale

    Defy
     

  3. #2
    How old?
    Google Kidney Stone and symptoms.....
    I thought I had gallbladder issues....
    Nope.....
    BIG HONKIN' KIDNEY STONE....Find my thread on it.......
    Here they are
    If ANYTHING sounds similar get to a Urologist...
    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...s-did-you-know
    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...(kidney-stones)
    Initial attack had the pain so bad I could not sleep.... Could not lay down.... ramped up and up and up.... Then resolved... Thought it was the gallbladder as it did this a few times in a row... NOPE..... KIDNEY STONE.....
    BTW did, or have you ever peed some blood, or dark colored urine? One sure sign....
    Last edited by Orrin Israel; 06-19-2018 at 05:54 PM.

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    1,722
    Wrenchhead I have the same problem with cialas but it take me 7-10 days on 5 mg before my lower back starts hurting.
    It typically takes 3-4 days before my pain is gone. It is so strange how it only seems to effect one muscle.
    20 mg cialas don't work for me even if a wait 2-4 hours. Currently trying levitra.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrin Israel View Post
    How old?
    Google Kidney Stone and symptoms.....
    I thought I had gallbladder issues....
    Nope.....
    BIG HONKIN' KIDNEY STONE....Find my thread on it.......
    Here they are
    If ANYTHING sounds similar get to a Urologist...
    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...s-did-you-know
    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...(kidney-stones)
    Initial attack had the pain so bad I could not sleep.... Could not lay down.... ramped up and up and up.... Then resolved... Thought it was the gallbladder as it did this a few times in a row... NOPE..... KIDNEY STONE.....
    BTW did, or have you ever peed some blood, or dark colored urine? One sure sign....
    The pain only started after a few days of starting the pill. It also started going away a few days after stopping the pill. So I think it's safe to say the pill caused it. I also never felt this type of tightness/pain in areas mentioned before. I'm 37 btw. Thanks for the heads up though.

    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    Wrenchhead I have the same problem with cialas but it take me 7-10 days on 5 mg before my lower back starts hurting.
    It typically takes 3-4 days before my pain is gone. It is so strange how it only seems to effect one muscle.
    20 mg cialas don't work for me even if a wait 2-4 hours. Currently trying levitra.
    I can't imagine how I would feel taking a whole pill lol. I'm just glad I realized what was causing the problem and stopped as soon as I did.
    Last edited by WrenchHead80; 06-19-2018 at 06:41 PM.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    66
    5 mg. per day best thing i ever did!

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Country23030 View Post
    5 mg. per day best thing i ever did!
    I love 5mg/day

  8. #7
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    7,765
    Yes back pain is a side effect of tadalafil, I took me about 2 or months of daily use before my body adjust and no more pain. the most support theory of back pain is vasoconstriction.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by WrenchHead80 View Post
    The pain only started after a few days of starting the pill. It also started going away a few days after stopping the pill. So I think it's safe to say the pill caused it. I also never felt this type of tightness/pain in areas mentioned before. I'm 37 btw. Thanks for the heads up though.
    .
    The pain may or may not be the result of Cialis.
    If the pain was intense, overwhelming, teeth gritting, I don't think that is representative of lower back pain from Cialis.
    If the pain is like a simple muscle pull, then maybe.

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by WrenchHead80 View Post
    snip...
    I can't imagine how I would feel taking a whole pill lol. I'm just glad I realized what was causing the problem and stopped as soon as I did.
    I was about ready to drop 3000 bucks on a new sleep number bed thinking my current bed was too soft and no longer supporting my lower back when sleeping when I made the connection my back pain was the cialas not my matress.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator Nelson Vergel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    8,170
    Besides headaches, heartburn, and sinus congestion, I had horrible lower back pain and spams with Cialis. Viagra and Levitra (Vardenafil) do not cause lower back pain for me (only sinus congestion). Each PED5 inhibitor affects different PED5 receptors. Companies are looking at "cleaner" and more specific inhibitors right now.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Yes back pain is a side effect of tadalafil, I took me about 2 or months of daily use before my body adjust and no more pain. the most support theory of back pain is vasoconstriction.
    actually there are PDE5 receptors back there and Cialis doing what it does is why lower back pain particularly on the R side is a very common side effect. Ive had it bad before when taking anything more than 5mg twice per day, which works pretty well for me, few if any noticeable sides.

  13. #12
    The increase in NO systemically can cause a wide range of symptoms including the back pain. This is an indication that you actually are suffering from less than optimal NO levels. As other have said, you need to re-acclimate your system to the more persistent presence of NO, by starting with very low dosages daily and then titrating up as your side effects reduce. In the long term this will be better for your cardiovascular health as many studies are showing. My own anecdotal story was as a younger man (when it was questionable if I even needed a PDE5 inhibitor) my side effects were fairly insignificant, but as I aged, the occasional use of PDE5 became associated with increasingly severe side effects to the point where I did not even want to go through it. I believe this was indicative of my aging body's lowering NO, such that when the NO was improved, I really felt it (both the good and the bad). Eventually as problems got worse, I was determined to find a solution and by titrating up gradually with daily dosing things seemed to work out. It just took some effort.

  14. #13
    Thank you everyone for your input, good to have it confirmed by others also. I'm glad to say I'm completely back to my normal self finally.

    Not sure why it effected me as bad as it did. But I wanted to get it out their in case other members happen to try it, have a bad experience like me and maybe think its something else and before you know it your screwing around with changing or adjusting your protocol are supplements and nothing seems to fix the actual problem. Hence why I and as others have stated on this site, due only one change or new thing at a time to see how it effects you.

    This pain was so bad at a time I thought maybe their was something wrong with my bones, the pain went that deep. As I mentioned it started with lower back pain that then spread to my glutes and finally to my thighs, all at the same time. That first night of no pill I couldn't even sleep it was so bad. Ive broken a femur bone before and the pain was less then this. I'm also very flexible, 6'3" and I can normally easily bend over and fully touch the ground with the palms of my hands and my forehead to my knees. That all went out the window during this episode, I could barely touch pass my knees.

    Something to keep in mind if your going to try it. I'm sure it works great for a lot of guys but not everyone.

  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    1,722
    So WrenchHead what is your plan going forward? I assume you needed the cialas to help with errections?

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    So WrenchHead what is your plan going forward? I assume you needed the cialas to help with errections?
    Didn't have ED problems, I noticed reading here a few guys use a small amount to get a good pump in the gym. I figured a bigger pump sounds nice and was curious if it could make my hard on's even harder lol.

    So nothing, I threw the rest in the garbage. Gave my no advantage in exercise performance and I don't think it made my **** any harder. When I asked the wife if she noticed a difference she got mad and said "I wasted my money and you can't make it any harder you idiot!" lol.

  17. #16
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by WrenchHead80 View Post
    Didn't have ED problems, I noticed reading here a few guys use a small amount to get a good pump in the gym. I figured a bigger pump sounds nice and was curious if it could make my hard on's even harder lol.

    So nothing, I threw the rest in the garbage. Gave my no advantage in exercise performance and I don't think it made my **** any harder. When I asked the wife if she noticed a difference she got mad and said "I wasted my money and you can't make it any harder you idiot!" lol.
    If you have good nitric levels you don't need it and then it's a waste of money. A good buddy of mine who's in his 20s, tried Viagra. He said he got so hard it hurt too much to have sex.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  18. #17
    If that happens again and you have NOT taken any Cialis... Get thee to a URO ASAP!!!!

  19. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrin Israel View Post
    If that happens again and you have NOT taken any Cialis... Get thee to a URO ASAP!!!!
    Orrin I don't know where you live but to get an appointment with a URO in Denver is a 1 month wait and that is for a bad one.
    A good one with a good rep take 3 months.
    Your only option is the ER and you better have killer med insurance or you are leaving with a $2K-5K bill.

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    Orrin I don't know where you live but to get an appointment with a URO in Denver is a 1 month wait and that is for a bad one.
    A good one with a good rep take 3 months.
    Your only option is the ER and you better have killer med insurance or you are leaving with a $2K-5K bill.
    IF one is having a significant kidney stone attack, that is a MEDICAL EMERGANCY.
    I WAS LUCKY.
    IF one cannot get in on an emergency basis to see a URO, a hospital WILL be next!
    IF one has the teeth clenching pain and when you pee you almost go to your knees, I don't think it is from Cialis
    IF one starts to see dark colored urine develop or blood in your pee and lower back pain you got a problem
    I live in Lower Alabama and when I called my URO and told them I thought I was having kidney stone issues they worked me in IMMEDEATLY the next day.
    My URO had me IMMEDEATLY go to the hospital for a scan.
    I have a thread on my little adventure here. I will post the link this evening.
    IF my URO had said "We can work you in next month", the next time I had a the kidney stone attack I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE ER.
    At that point I would have been reeeeeeealy screwed, and no telling how much damage would have been done to my kidney and bladder.
    From the sound of the level of pain and discomfort it clearly sounded like my initial early warning signs of what was coming!
    My kidney stone was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to large to pass and it was about to shut the kidney down.
    Even if small enough to pass, you are still faced with significant pain and issues...
    BTW when I say SMALL, I mean SMALL. 1/2 the size of a grain of rice is a boulder and will take you to your knees if you are passing it...
    NOT GOOD.
    Forgot that the second post on this thread has the links referencing my kidney stone attack
    Last edited by Orrin Israel; 06-23-2018 at 05:59 PM.

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    If you have good nitric levels you don't need it and then it's a waste of money. A good buddy of mine who's in his 20s, tried Viagra. He said he got so hard it hurt too much to have sex.
    That doesn't sound like fun.

    I agree its not worth the money in my case. I also don't feel like dealing with that pain till my body adjust. Which wouldn't surprise me if it never would. I don't think I could have handled the pain much longer, was only getting worse.

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    The increase in NO systemically can cause a wide range of symptoms including the back pain. This is an indication that you actually are suffering from less than optimal NO levels. As other have said, you need to re-acclimate your system to the more persistent presence of NO, by starting with very low dosages daily and then titrating up as your side effects reduce. In the long term this will be better for your cardiovascular health as many studies are showing. My own anecdotal story was as a younger man (when it was questionable if I even needed a PDE5 inhibitor) my side effects were fairly insignificant, but as I aged, the occasional use of PDE5 became associated with increasingly severe side effects to the point where I did not even want to go through it. I believe this was indicative of my aging body's lowering NO, such that when the NO was improved, I really felt it (both the good and the bad). Eventually as problems got worse, I was determined to find a solution and by titrating up gradually with daily dosing things seemed to work out. It just took some effort.

    Ive taken nitric oxide supplements before and never had any pain, let alone the pain I experienced using Cialis. So I'm not sure if that's the case for me or others here.

  23. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by WrenchHead80 View Post
    Ive taken nitric oxide supplements before and never had any pain, let alone the pain I experienced using Cialis. So I'm not sure if that's the case for me or others here.
    There's really no comparison between a NO supplement and a drug like Cialis.

  24. #23
    Came across this thread RE: Cialis back pain.
    https://www.goodinbed.com/discuss/20...taking-cialis/
    "The pain may or may not be the result of Cialis.
    If the pain was intense, overwhelming, teeth gritting, I don't think that is representative of lower back pain from Cialis."
    I stand corrected!!!!!
    Had NO idea that side effect could be so sever. I knew about the lower back issue but not the extreme side of it. You don't see that on the T.V. commercials
    On the other had I stand behind: "If that happens again and you have NOT taken any Cialis... Get thee to a URO (or your PCP) ASAP!!!! "
    Last edited by Orrin Israel; 06-23-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. DHEA supplement on TRT.... bad experience!
    By BillyJ03z in forum Thyroid, DHEA, Cortisol, Prolactin, Pregnenolone and More
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-08-2018, 08:13 PM
  2. Anastrozole bad experience lowering E2
    By Julian in forum Prevent & Reverse Side Effects (HCG, Anastrozole, etc)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-26-2017, 02:10 PM
  3. Cialis/Tadalafil for BPH
    By Palermitano in forum When Testosterone Is Not Enough (Energy and Mood Boosters, ED drugs, Trimix, etc)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-09-2017, 09:08 AM
  4. Tadalafil (Cialis) Decreases Estradiol.
    By Nelson Vergel in forum When Testosterone Is Not Enough (Energy and Mood Boosters, ED drugs, Trimix, etc)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-14-2017, 09:23 AM
  5. Tadalafil(Cialis), how long to kick in?
    By PAUL-E in forum When Testosterone Is Not Enough (Energy and Mood Boosters, ED drugs, Trimix, etc)
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-26-2016, 02:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •