Just started HCG after being on TRT for 8 yrs without.. Questions what to expect?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BillyJ03z

** (Current TRT protocol is Test Cyp 200mg/ml @ .4ml 3 x wk = 120mg/wk)

Started HCG 2 wks ago at 350iu 3 x wk after approx 8 yrs on TRT without using it (prior protocol was Test Cyp 200mg/wk until recent protocol change)..... Haven't felt any different mood, energy wise and have felt no increase in Teste size as of yet...

DHEAs has been in the crapper since starting TRT..... 90 Labcorp range (102 to 416)

I am mainly on HCG to help with my hormone pathways that have been shut down from TRT... such as my DHEAs levels and Thyroid as I believe TRT has made me cortisol deficient (adrenal insufficiency).... Sleep has been horrible the entire time on TRT, and thyroid FT4 has dropped to bottom levels of labcorp range as I have also suffered Hypo symptoms which have gotten progressively worse since being on TRT..

How long until Testicles start to grow? or have I been on TRT too long and shut down too long to kick start my testes?

Is my HCG dosage good or should I increase more in the beginning?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
If your testicles haven't started to respond after two weeks you need to increase the dose. I use 500iu of HCG twice a week, I think you should use that protocol for a month and see what response you get. Also why don't you get a complete thyroid panel TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3 and antibodies. I just started with T3 here's my thread.

can cytomel by itself be used to treat hypothyroidism

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...mel-by-itself-be-used-to-treat-hypothyroidism

Gman86

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't .4ml equal to 80mg? So if you're doing that 3x/ week, that would mean your total dosage is 240mg/ week.

As far as the HCG goes, if you're testicles haven't responded to 350iu's 3x/ week, I would assume you're either not going to respond to HCG at any dose, or the HCG you're using could be of low quality for some reason. I would give it another week or two, and if still nothing, I would maybe look into trying a different brand of HCG before getting too discouraged.

Gman86

I believe he's currently doing more than you already Vince, unless I'm interpreting the dosage in his post incorrectly. But 350iu 3x/ week would be 1,050iu's total, right?

BillyJ03z

@Vince I've already had full thyroid panels done several times and the results seem to point to pooling and/or Hypothyroid.

@ Gman86... yes, I am currently doing HCG at 1050 iu's/wk....

Also, I made mistake on original post...... I had my doc change my Test Cyp from 200mg/ml to 100mg/ml so that dosing .4ml is easier for the 120mg/wk.... and the Test Cyp at 100mg/ml makes it easier for me to adjust smaller dosing more frequently if needed...

* I read somewhere that some people recommend a one time mega HCG dose and then going to normal HCG protocol (which I didn't do) so for the next week I am going to try 250iu-300 ED for the next 7 days and see what happens... My HCG came premixed from Anazaol Compounding Pharmacy in FL if that makes any difference....

Systemlord

@Vince I've already had full thyroid panels done several times and the results seem to point to pooling and/or Hypothyroid.

@ Gman86... yes, I am currently doing HCG at 1050 iu's/wk....

Also, I made mistake on original post...... I had my doc change my Test Cyp from 200mg/ml to 100mg/ml so that dosing .4ml is easier for the 120mg/wk.... and the Test Cyp at 100mg/ml makes it easier for me to adjust smaller dosing more frequently if needed...

* I read somewhere that some people recommend a one time mega HCG dose and then going to normal HCG protocol (which I didn't do) so for the next week I am going to try 250iu-300 ED for the next 7 days and see what happens... My HCG came premixed from Anazaol Compounding Pharmacy in FL if that makes any difference....

That's terrible, how do you plan on lowering the dosage of the AI if the concentration is too high. Somehow I doubt the doctor has thought that far ahead. Sell you another prescription, that's a money maker.

Gman86

When you say the HCG was "premixed", do you mean it already had the bacteriostatic water added to it, or was it just powder in a vial when you received it? Because if it already had the water added, I think we may have found the culprit. Having HCG premixed and mailed to you is a horrible idea. HCG is pretty fragile once reconstituted with bacteriostatic water, and any agitation will cause bubbles to form. When bubbles form, the peptides are being damaged. To what degree? I'm honestly not sure. I just know that I baby my HCG once I reconstitute it, making sure I don't shake or swirl the liquid around too much. I can just imagine all the agitation that's going to occur from the pharmacy to your home.

Also, HCG once reconstituted is heat sensitive. So if it wasn't shipped with an ice pack and specific shipping instructions to keep cold, the chances of being exposed to high heat are very high, especially on a mail truck, and especially coming from Florida in the middle of June!

Would that mean it's completely useless once you receive it? Again, I'm not completely sure. Is it greatly degraded, I would say the chances of that being the case are extremely high.

BillyJ03z

Yeah, I was concerned when I got the HCG seeing it was pre-mixed (bact water was already added and sealed).. however it was shipped with an ice pack that was still cold when I received it but who knows what happened from Pharmacy to me (delivery was 2 days)... The pharmacy that was used is Anazao Health so I don't know if anyone has any experience with them or their reputation.

I contacted pharmacy and HCG is good for 28 days once vial is punctured. The pharmacist I spoke also said that due to being suppressed for years (more than 7) it would not be surprising that it may take at least 3 weeks or longer to get a noticeable/measurable physiologic response.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching