Loneliness: Another Study Paints a Bleak Picture

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Loneliness isn't just a fleeting feeling, leaving us sad for a few hours to a few days. Research in recent years suggests that for many people, loneliness is more like a chronic ache, affecting their daily lives and sense of well-being.
Now a nationwide survey by the health insurer Cigna underscores that. It finds that loneliness is widespread in America, with nearly 50 percent of respondents reporting that they feel alone or left out always or sometimes.
Using one of the best-known tools for measuring loneliness — the UCLA Loneliness Scale — Cigna surveyed 20,000 adults online across the country. The University of California, Los Angeles tool uses a series of statements and a formula to calculate a loneliness score based on responses. Scores on the UCLA scale range from 20 to 80. People scoring 43 and above were considered lonely in the Cigna survey, with a higher score suggesting a greater level of loneliness and social isolation.
More than half of survey respondents — 54 percent — said they always or sometimes feel that no one knows them well. Fifty-six percent reported they sometimes or always felt like the people around them "are not necessarily with them." And 2 in 5 felt like "they lack companionship," that their "relationships aren't meaningful" and that they "are isolated from others."

"Americans Are A Lonely Lot, And Young People Bear The Heaviest Burden," NPR, May 1, 2018, https://www.npr.org/sections/health...lot-and-young-people-bear-the-heaviest-burden

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm a very sensitive man and am anxiety ridden. Whenever I discuss anything personal like health and wellness or anything positive or negative I can tell most people men especially get very uncomfortable. When I discussed TRT around someone I am not ashamed of it and love the science...people hate it even if the conversation was about health etc. I Hate this complex with a passion, if I'm not trying to make someone laugh I feel like I should keep my mouth shut...when as the suicide rate suggests especially among divorced men, we need to more than ever stick together. Straight men suffer immensely in quiet from these types of things in America, masculinity is extremely ridiculed.

Male depression and suicide: it's time for a change

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...depression-and-suicide-it-s-time-for-a-change

CoastWatcher

I'm a very sensitive man and am anxiety ridden. Whenever I discuss anything personal like health and wellness or anything positive or negative I can tell most people men especially get very uncomfortable. When I discussed TRT around someone I am not ashamed of it and love the science...people hate it even if the conversation was about health etc. I Hate this complex with a passion, if I'm not trying to make someone laugh I feel like I should keep my mouth shut...when as the suicide rate suggests especially among divorced men, we need to more than ever stick together. Straight men suffer immensely in quiet from these types of things in America, masculinity is extremely ridiculed.

Male depression and suicide: it's time for a change

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...depression-and-suicide-it-s-time-for-a-change

I understand what you're saying, Vince. TRT is certainly a topic many men are uncomfortable with, but it's only different in degree from almost any discussion of male health (physical or psychological). You can see people pulling away from you...and you wonder, again, about opening your mouth.

Vince

Super Moderator
I understand what you're saying, Vince. TRT is certainly a topic many men are uncomfortable with, but it's only different in degree from almost any discussion of male health (physical or psychological). You can see people pulling away from you...and you wonder, again, about opening your mouth.

Sorry CW, I didn't write that paragraph. It was a copy paste from, male suicide and depression thread that Nelson started. I'm using my phone so it's much harder for me to do a full copy paste. Thanks for the thread buddy.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me