HCT and HGB

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pringle

Guy’s, I am looking for a little insight from those that have Rising HCT and HGB due to trt. Subsequently, as many, I am taking my Ferritin too low with frequent Phlebotomy. I have seen mine somewhat start to stabilize over the past year, but still over range 30 - 60 days after phlebotomy. I have experimented for 3 months without a phlebotomy and my HCT raised only from 48.6 to 51.5....not significant in my opinion, but my Hemo Doc likes it <48. My HGB in the same period went from 16.4 to 17.9.....a little high also for his liking. For you that do frequent phlebotomies, what are your HCT and HGB parameters that trigger your frequency?
Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
The first two years of trt I donated blood every 8 weeks, then finally mine HCT stabilized. I haven't had to donate blood for almost a year-and-a-half now, no matter how high I let my testosterone go. It stays under 48.

Pringle

The first two years of trt I donated blood every 8 weeks, then finally mine HCT stabilized. I haven't had to donate blood for almost a year-and-a-half now, no matter how high I let my testosterone go. It stays under 48.

I am about a year into my swap over to injections. I Hope I see the same result. When you were doing them, Did you have a high mark where you would do a Phlebotomy? Trying to figure out the balance between max Levels without tanking Ferritin, or causing subsequent issues.
Thanks

Vince

Super Moderator
I am about a year into my swap over to injections. I Hope I see the same result. When you were doing them, Did you have a high mark where you would do a Phlebotomy? Trying to figure out the balance between max Levels without tanking Ferritin, or causing subsequent issues.
Thanks
To completely honest with you I just donated every 8 weeks, it kept my HCT under 50. I'm so happy that I no longer have to donate blood, I dread the thought of ever doing it again. The blood center keeps calling me and I just ignore the calls.

Guy's, I am looking for a little insight from those that have Rising HCT and HGB due to trt. Subsequently, as many, I am taking my Ferritin too low with frequent Phlebotomy. I have seen mine somewhat start to stabilize over the past year, but still over range 30 - 60 days after phlebotomy. I have experimented for 3 months without a phlebotomy and my HCT raised only from 48.6 to 51.5....not significant in my opinion, but my Hemo Doc likes it <48. My HGB in the same period went from 16.4 to 17.9.....a little high also for his liking. For you that do frequent phlebotomies, what are your HCT and HGB parameters that trigger your frequency?
Thanks!

I have crashed my ferritin from too many donation and big blood tests where they pull 12 vials.

===============================================================

Its taken 5 months to get my ferritin back up off on the bottom on the scale.

You pretty much have to stop donating and adjust your T dose down until your HCT no longer rises and your ferritin recovers. I am not quite there yet but getting closer. I increased my red meat and added a iron supplement with vit-C

18 months into TRT and hope my HCT will stablize like Vince's did. Then will try to slowly raise my dose again to optimize my Free T.

Vince

Super Moderator
I should check my old labs and see what my ferritin levels were at when I was donating so often. I don't think I ever felt anything from having low iron levels. I did and still do supplement with 1000 mg of vitamin C twice a day. I'm sure they must have been super low though.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me