Clomid and high SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

JRO1

I had symptoms of low T and the culprit a year ago was probably my high SHBG. My lab before HRT:

test: 871 ng/dL
estradiol: 38 pg/mL
shbg: 78.4 nmol/L
Free: 10.9 ng/dL
Bio: 256 ng/dL

An incompetent doc at lowT99, put me on clomid (.25 mg 3x a week) and anastrazole (.5mg 2x a week) then had me take d3 and boron to try and lower my SHBG. My SHBG only got higher over the year and more importantly my symptoms haven’t gone away. My current lab a year after being on the program:

test: 1143
SHBG: 109.7
Estradiol: 21.8
Free: 11.2
Bio: 263

My test went up, but because my SHBG shot to 109.7 my free T only increase by .3 (11.2-10.7).

After doing my own research, I discovered that clomid increases SHBG. I told the doc to get me off clomid and put me on test and HCG to get me over the high SHBG she created. One week ago I started 160 mg of test a week and 500 iu’s of HCG twice a week.

I heard that 1200 is the max total test one should have for health and longevity. With a SHBG of 109.7, 1200 will not get me to an optimum level of free T.

I calculated with a 1200 total T and an optimum SHBG of 20, free T would be 37.5. With my SHBG at 109.7 my total T would have to be 2640 to get my free T to 37.5.

If my SHBG doesn’t come down, is raising my T above 1200 going to cause me problems?

Also, beware of clomid brothers, it increased my total T, but jacked up my SHBG and I wasted a lot of money because of it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. Your Clomid adventure was certainly unfortunate, and there are many men who initiate treatment with a Clomid protocol and fail to reach their goals. However, in a reasonable number of cases Clomid is satisfactory...when the doctor working with the patient knows what he/she is doing. All the best on the standard TRT protocol, but: don't chase a number. You may feel just fine, better than fine, with a total testosterone clocking in at 1,000, or 885, or 920. There's very little that is linear about this game.

Vince

Super Moderator
Because of your high shbg, inject only once a week. I would think a good starting protocol would be 100 mg of testosterone once a week and 500 IU of HCG every three and a half days. You could adjust from there and hopefully get dialed in.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me