Changed to subQ, why do I feel so damn tired?

Buy Lab Tests Online

sh1973

I have to ask, why are you proceeding with subQ? SubQ simply doesn’t work for everyone and I’m one of them. I think you’re torturing yourself for nothing. Just do shallow IM injections in the quad or deltoid region.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
5 days later, feel like absolute HELL. My mental fog is off the charts, my physical energy is pretty decent now but my mental energy is SHIT, I feel I wanna close my eyes at any point.

What the **** is going on? Subq is the worst shit Ive ever tried!

I don't get you man. Why are you staying with this protocol? Because randoms on the internet said stick it out for 6 weeks or 2 months? That is just crazy. No simple change in protocol (injection frequency) should make you feel this bad. Something else is wrong.
Go back to your old protocol to make sure its your protocol that has you all messed up.

Systemlord

I don't get you man. Why are you staying with this protocol? Because randoms on the internet said stick it out for 6 weeks or 2 months? That is just crazy. No simple change in protocol (injection frequency) should make you feel this bad. Something else is wrong.
Go back to your old protocol to make sure its your protocol that has you all messed up.

I agree with FeelingLost, its sounding more and more like you just stopped TRT cold turkey. IM is guaranteed to work.

equel

Yeah maybe im simply not absorbing the test well at all doing subq cause i literally feel weak and tired as hell mentally, libido is gone now, morning wood is gone. I can still get an hard on but it goes limp fast.

Weird thing is i have decent energy physically, but in my head i feel like a 130 year old, also some slight tinnitus and headache, very weird, almost like low test high e2 feeling or something.

Gon do IM tomorrow morning and see if it resolves the coming days cause this is NOT a good feeling.

madman

Super Moderator
Well, my rationale was to get my IM injection to drop as low as possible so I didnt add more testosterone to it making my levels too high.

I mean, I think the body should still have some testosterone after 11 days of IM injection test E, no?

I dont understand why subQ should take so much longer to get going, I mean, If i had injected IM instead with a low dose after 11 days, would I really feel this tired? Or does subQ take longer to absorb?

What do you not understand?

You stated....."I mean, I think the body body should still have some testosterone after 11 days of IM injection test E, no?"

First of you were injecting i.m. using 100mg/week and you have low shbg.....you stated your trough was 600ng/dl the day before your next weekly injection (friday am).

You than proceeded to wait 11 days before switching to sub-q injections so more than likely your testosterone levels were sub par, maybe even low....but you did not post labs on the 100mg/week protocol- free t, estradiol (sensitive assay) and only stated your TT 600 ng/dl and shbg between 18-20 you say.

Than you inject 30mg M/W/F and start ranting and raving that you feel like shit.....do you really think with 3 weekly injections of 30mg that all of a sudden you are going to feel the testosterone.....if anything you need to give the new protocol time to let blood levels stabilize before you start blaming sub-q not being effective!

Sure some men may not do well on sub-q or possibly have absorption issues but the only true way to know whether sub-q vs i.m. works is to stay on the protocol for 6 weeks until your levels have stabilized and than have blood work done to see where your total t, free t, estradiol (sensitive assay) sit to say whether you truly have an absorption issue regarding sub-q injections.

For all we know your free t is low, your e2 is out of whack.....many factors can contribute to why one may feel shitty.

It is not like one injects testosterone and than all of a sudden is suppose to feel good.....things take time.

5 days later you are jumping the gun again.

This has to be one of the most piss poor examples of a case where one blames sub-q injections not working.....you basically injected 30mg on M/W/F for one week than started complaining.....seriously?

Now 5 days later you are ready to throw in the towel!

equel

What do you not understand?

You stated....."I mean, I think the body body should still have some testosterone after 11 days of IM injection test E, no?"

First of you were injecting i.m. using 100mg/week and you have low shbg.....you stated your trough was 600ng/dl the day before your next weekly injection (friday am).

You than proceeded to wait 11 days before switching to sub-q injections so more than likely your testosterone levels were sub par, maybe even low....but you did not post labs on the 100mg/week protocol- free t, estradiol (sensitive assay) and only stated your TT 600 ng/dl and shbg between 18-20 you say.

Than you inject 30mg M/W/F and start ranting and raving that you feel like shit.....do you really think with 3 weekly injections of 30mg that all of a sudden you are going to feel the testosterone.....if anything you need to give the new protocol time to let blood levels stabilize before you start blaming sub-q not being effective!

Sure some men may not do well on sub-q or possibly have absorption issues but the only true way to know whether sub-q vs i.m. works is to stay on the protocol for 6 weeks until your levels have stabilized and than have blood work done to see where your total t, free t, estradiol (sensitive assay) sit to say whether you truly have an absorption issue regarding sub-q injections.

For all we know your free t is low, your e2 is out of whack.....many factors can contribute to why one may feel shitty.

It is not like one injects testosterone and than all of a sudden is suppose to feel good.....things take time.

5 days later you are jumping the gun again.

This has to be one of the most piss poor examples of a case where one blames sub-q injections not working.....you basically injected 30mg on M/W/F for one week than started complaining.....seriously?

Now 5 days later you are ready to throw in the towel!

Pure nonsense.

When i started my IM injections I had massive morning boner the day after and within 1 week i started feeling way better. Now im soon 2 weeks on subq and feel like i got hit by a ****ing car.

Theres clearly something with the subq that is pure piss for me cause im coming up to soon 180mg total test injected and feel WORSE than when I even started trt.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I have just been browsing a bit on your thread .. Maybe I don't know all the specifics on why you switched it up, but at a glance, I would just say go back to what you were doing before if it was working for you. If something is working just stay with it.

At the same time, someone mentioned "labs".. Totally agree! We might be overlooking something here without having all the facts. Could be a myriad of things (?). Beyond that, my only other advise is to keep it simple, don't over think or over complicate it, and give yourself adequate time to adapt and acclimate to any changes made on a protocol.

madman

Super Moderator
Pure nonsense.

When i started my IM injections I had massive morning boner the day after and within 1 week i started feeling way better. Now im soon 2 weeks on subq and feel like i got hit by a ****ing car.

Theres clearly something with the subq that is pure piss for me cause im coming up to soon 180mg total test injected and feel WORSE than when I even started trt.

First post "So Ive been doing 100mg IM injections once a week, every thursday. IT works OK, but nothing more or less.

Tenth post "When i started my IM injections I had a massive boner the day after and within 1 week i started feeling way better."

Do you understand that when one first starts trt they are still producing endogenous testosterone and now they are adding exogenous testosterone into their system and shutdown does not happen immediately as it can take 2-6 weeks for shutdown to happen and one will experience what we call the honeymoon period..... and there is also an increase in dopamine?

Most usually feel good when first starting due to this and even once testosterone levels have stabilized there can be ups and downs due to hormones still not being in a healthy range and may be high or low depending on ones protocol (dose/injection frequency).

To feel the full effects of testosterone it takes time especially when starting trt.

You than tried switching to sub-q 30mg M/W/F and claim sub-q is garbage.....without even giving it time and do you really expect to experience another honeymoon period?

3 sub-q injections in and you are comparing it to how you felt after your first trt injection?

madman

Super Moderator
Same amount per week, but delivered via a very different schedule. Almost any change - of any sort - has the potential to unsettle things while your serum levels adjust. Four to six weeks will tell the tale.

Coastwatcher explained it to you and was straight to the POINT!

If you are not willing to give it a fair chance.....than go back to IM.....just do not be so quick to blame it on the so called I tried sub-q (3 injections in) and claim it is garbage!

equel

Yea my mind is all messed up from this fog, im irritated and tired and emotional and i hate everything basicly. I think ill do IM today to save me from this. (hopefully).

Systemlord

I woke up this morning and was wide awake and was my very first time injecting SubQ after being at a stable state for over 2 months on 20mg EOD, today was my first injection and new protocol of 10mg Sub Q everyday and I feel so damn tired I can barely stay awake.

If Sub Q was ineffective I would expect to feel nothing, but feel quite a bit better than I ever have after an IM injection. This warm good feeling that I always experience after an injection when starting a new protocol, I feel at all times once a stable state is reached.

All I want to do is go back to sleep, but feel amazing.

bobo12345

Pure nonsense.

I can't speak to the IM vs SubQ but I had a similar experience while changing up my protocol. I was injecting E3D and had energy through the roof, zero appetite, and erections were great. Within a few days of changing to EOD, I experienced your symptoms. Energy dropped off a cliff to the point I was dozing off in the afternoon and appetite came back with a vengeance. I have to think some of us just have weird reactions to some of the changes.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me