Cost of Care With Defy Medical - It's Less Than You Think

Buy Lab Tests Online
Originally written by the late, great Curt Moyer, pen name Lee Myer (PeakT)

Defy Medical has an excellent reputation and many forum members going there. Because they are cash only and do not do insurance processing, one very common question that I get is the cost of treatment. (Many patients do submit lab claims to their insurance for reimbursement on the back end however.)

Word spreads quickly on the Peak Testosterone Forum and already Defy Medical has an excellent reputation and many forum members going there. Because they are cash only and do not do insurance processing, one very common question that I get is the cost of treatment. (Many patients do submit lab claims to their insurance for reimbursement on the back end however.)

To get some ballpark figure, I queried Dr. Saya as to their current charges (as of August of 2016)(updated February 2019). He wrote me back the following responses - see below. Please keep in mind that these are rough estimates based on the typical patient and can change at any time. You must, of course, actually call Defy Medical to get the numbers for you own medical situation.

--LAB COSTS: "The general HRT/TRT lab panel is $279. If "other" labs are added (DHT, further thyroid testing, etc) then the cost can be a little higher. Then again, if a FULL panel isn't needed on follow-up (i.e. Once dialed in for some lab draws we can check a limited panel) then lab cost can be lower. "

--LAB FREQUENCY: "We check labs generally at initial, 90 days, then between q3-6 months depending on how well balanced/stable a patient is (6 months if stable). I also sometimes give a "longer leash" to patients such as yourself with a lot of experience with TRT and those who do their own monitoring/testing. "

--CONSULTATION PRICES: "The INITIAL consult price is $250, but follow-ups are cheaper at a cost of $90 or $165 depending on if with MD, or managed care provider”.

--COST OF TESTOSTERONE: "Testosterone cypionate 200mg/ml cost typically ~$129 for 10ml vial (generally ~3 month supply depending on dosing)."

--"COST OF HCG and ARIMIDEX (ANASTROZOLE): "HCG 12,000 IU vial ~$79 (generally 3 month supply) or 6,000iu vial ~$48; Anastrozole $1.60-$3.00 per pill (if needed)."

--OTHER HORMONES: "DHEA/pregnenolone, thyroid, etc are on a "per cap" or "per tablet" price and are not very expensive. Ancillary medications and supplements are available at a discounted cost. We make EVERY effort to keep our services as affordable as possible while trying to deliver the best of care."

Estimated Yearly Costs of TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) With Defy Medical

TOTAL ESTIMATED YEARLY COSTS: The upper end range for our patients in the first[JK1] year if on a TRT protocol T cyp 200mg/ml - 0.35ml BIW, HCG 400iu BIW, and anastrozole 0.15mg/DIM 200mg cap BIW would be right around $2041. The lower range would be roughly $1300.

Year 2 costs, however, will be much less as there are typically only 2 consults and 2 sets of follow up labs, instead of 3 consults and 3 sets of labs. Typically, between $1500-$1700 per year, on average.

NOTE: Your cost will be less on an ongoing basis after the first year, because you will no longer have the initial one hour consultation fee.

· Example A:

· Initial consult - $250

· Initial Labs - $279

· Medication cost if a protocol of T cyp 200mg/ml - 0.35ml BIW, HCG 400iu BIW, and anastrozole 0.15mg/DIM 200mg cap BIW - $300ish every 13 weeks

· Follow up consults 2x $165 with doctor, $90 with managed care provider

· Follow up labs 2x $237 - $119 (higher end labs would be for full male panel follow up lower end would be for just basics Test, PSA, ES, CBC)

· Total: $1,890 - $2,215($155 - $185 a month)

· Example B: (If the patient can have labs covered by insurance)

· Initial consult - $250

· Initial Labs – no charge

· Medication cost if a protocol of T cyp 200mg/ml - 0.35ml BIW, HCG 400iu BIW, and anastrozole 0.15mg/DIM 200mg cap BIW - $300ish every 13 weeks

· Follow up labs 2x no charge

· Total: $1410 - $1550($120 - $130 a month)

· On Going Costs: (Year 2)

· Medication cost if a protocol of T cyp 200mg/ml - 0.35ml BIW, HCG 400iu BIW, and anastrozole 0.15mg/DIM 200mg cap BIW - $241 every 13 weeks

· Follow up labs 2x $237 - $119 Average ~$200 (higher end labs would be for full male panel follow up lower end would be for just basics Test, PSA, ES, CBC)

· Total: $1338 - $1714 ($111 - $142 a month)

We also provide a 10% discount on medications to all military and first responders, run specials on various medications throughout the year, and provide patients with a $25 credit on their birthday. This doesn’t take into account if the patient is ordering injectable nutrients or other supplements from us, or if they are having other issues treated (Thyroid or ED for example). Anytime someone calls in, though, we are very clear about all the costs, and provide clear costs of all medications. The largest variable is the lab work, but I know in the past that some patients have discussed their budget during their consult, and Dr. Saya has been able to adjust his required follow up labs to something that is more in line with their budget.

Fee and Cost Breakdown for TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) With Defy Medical

Initial TRT/HRT Consult: $250

After your initial evaluation, the Defy Medical staff requires at least two follow up appointments per year for men on Testosterone therapy (about every 6 months) at the discretion of your physician. You can choose to have your follow up with Dr. Saya, Dr. Calkins, a mid-level practitioner, or a nurse provider. The follow up costs are as follows:

• Follow up lab review w/ Dr.- $165
  • Follow up lab review w/ managed care provider - $90
  • To begin testosterone therapy, we will order you the following initial blood work
  • Comprehensive Metabolic Panel- $15
  • CBC- $15
  • Lipid Panel- $15
  • Testosterone Free and Total- $35
  • Estradiol Sensitive- $38
  • DHEA-S- $38
  • TSH-$21
  • PSA-$21
  • LH-$12
  • Sex Hormone Binding Globulin-$44
  • IGF-1-$30
The above lab test prices are offered exclusively for Defy Medical patients, in which we would send you an official order form to bring to a Labcorp facility near your home.

We can actually provide a prescription for your blood work if you have a lab which is covered by your insurance, with payment provided for the initial consult before release of the initial lab prescription. We listed our blood testing prices in case your insurance does not cover some or all of these tests. The listed price is what you would pay us, so if you do have coverage there will be no charge for blood work. As far as the medications go, the average monthly cost for the standard TRT medications come to $75-$100 per month. This includes Test Cyp, HCG, and Anastrozole.

** The Intake Department may be contacted for more information on our Fee Schedule and other procedures/treatments offered. Please go to their web site for contact information: Defy Medical.

NOTE: Defy Medical is currently a site sponsor. Dr. Saya is also my personal HRT / TRT physician.

Speaking for myself, I cannot ever imagine going back to insurance-based TRT treatment, which I would characterize as just plain painful (and sometimes dangerous). My experience with Dr. Saya and Defy Medical, on the other hand, has been the polar opposite - I am constantly learning new things and enjoying excellent protocols.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tonyp56

Thank you for putting all of this in one place. I will certainly being doing this as soon as I have the money (about $658-700+ total upfront).

Thank you for putting all of this in one place. I will certainly being doing this as soon as I have the money (about $658-700+ total upfront).

Sure thing, keep in mind that the initial costs are not all due at once.

so..............did I misread the Defy ad banner, that posted free consult with mention of Excelmale referral?

The free consultation refers to speaking with either myself or one of my colleagues to see if our services are a fit for you. The free consultation does not refer to the one hour initial consult with one of our doctors. In order for any medications to be prescribed, all patients are required to have the 1 hour initial consultation.

Nate1278

Just paid and scheduled the initial consultation. After the appointment do I order the meds for my protocol then and pay over the phone for the 3 month supply? It's in a couple of weeks. Just wondering..

Blackhawk

Just paid and scheduled the initial consultation. After the appointment do I order the meds for my protocol then and pay over the phone for the 3 month supply? It's in a couple of weeks. Just wondering..

Pretty much yes. They also have online ordering, they will set you up with an account. I think you need to be logged in to see pricing: https://www.defymedicalstore.com/

My experience is about 10 days from time of order to receiving prescriptions. Rush shipping doesn't help much, the delays are in processing your order, relaying it to the pharmacy and having them fill it and ship it.

That is essentially how the process works, as blackhawk had mentioned, you can also order online if you wish. However, our policy is that after your consult, one of our medical assistants will give you a call and go over the medications with you, and walk you through the ordering process.

michaely23

The cost is a little more than what was originally posted since it was a few years ago. But Defy has been saving me tons of money. I can’t be more than happy with Defy working with Mike L. I can’t stop saying how amazing he is along with the Defy staff. I was hesitant after doing some research but am glad I went with them. The thing that kills me is the cost of Express shipping. I understand it takes a few days to process but if you pay the premium you should get it within 1-2 business days. Just my #2cents

Deanna@Defy

The cost is a little more than what was originally posted since it was a few years ago. But Defy has been saving me tons of money. I can’t be more than happy with Defy working with Mike L. I can’t stop saying how amazing he is along with the Defy staff. I was hesitant after doing some research but am glad I went with them. The thing that kills me is the cost of Express shipping. I understand it takes a few days to process but if you pay the premium you should get it within 1-2 business days. Just my #2cents
Thanks for the kind words. Just wanted to let you know we are working with our pharmacy partners now to get faster and less expensive shipping options for patients. More details coming soon!

slicktop

Thanks for the kind words. Just wanted to let you know we are working with our pharmacy partners now to get faster and less expensive shipping options for patients. More details coming soon!
A direct update from you guys concerning HCG would be greatly appreciated. I know it's a bit off topic here, but there's tons of rumors and misinformation floating around.

Deanna@Defy

A direct update from you guys concerning HCG would be greatly appreciated. I know it's a bit off topic here, but there's tons of rumors and misinformation floating around.
Great suggestion. I'll talk with the team here and see what we can put together for everyone.

Deanna@Defy

What if you have all of the medications already, and just need labs, and the protocol laid out by the doctor (a game plan essentially)?
We can definitely assist with that. We offer a (up to) 1 hour "advice only" consult where we would not write the RXs for you, but will lay out a plan with you based on your lab results and discussion with the provider on symptoms, goals, etc. We recommend a comprehensive lab panel for men to be able to fully assess your health and you can order that through us or provide results to us if you want to order them though another source. (Most patients prefer the convenience and value of ordering through us when seeing our providers, but it's totally up to you.)

Johnny Test

We can definitely assist with that. We offer a (up to) 1 hour "advice only" consult where we would not write the RXs for you, but will lay out a plan with you based on your lab results and discussion with the provider on symptoms, goals, etc. We recommend a comprehensive lab panel for men to be able to fully assess your health and you can order that through us or provide results to us if you want to order them though another source. (Most patients prefer the convenience and value of ordering through us when seeing our providers, but it's totally up to you.)

Does it matter if I’m located in New York or is that just for the Discounted Labs website. I know they weren’t able to offer services because of the state I live in.

phalloguy100

I recently had a consultation with Defy. It went great! The doc listened carefully. I was amazed at how well he knew my medical history. I like the treatment recommendations but the meds are definetely expensive, like $150 for hcg.

So I'm wondering... does anyone have current discount codes / coupon codes for Defy medical store?

Also a follow up question - can they call-in prescriptions for test to other states or only in Florida pharmacies? Looks like the fee for call-in is $30 for 6-mo supplies.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me