What is the best type of Potassium supplement to take?

Buy Lab Tests Online
There seems to be several types of Potassium supplements,
Potassium chloride
Potassium phosphate
Potassium gluconate
Potassium citrate
Potassium aspartate
Potassium bicarbonate

I've been getting muscle cramps when I do a hard stretch or flex mu muscles. I though I had this fixed several months ago by adding 200mg of Magnesium Citrate to my daily supplements. So I though I'd try some potassium only to discover so many types.
If you know the differences in these and can make a suggestion that would be great.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I almost forgot do you supplement with boron, supposedly Boron helps with preventing muscle cramps. I supplement with 3 mg twice a day.

I don't have my labs in front of me but I believe when you have Labs from defy medical they do test your potassium.

Vince I did not think to check that. I just looked at my Defy Jun2017 and Jan 2018 blood tests both read the same.
Potassium, Serum 5.1 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.2

I guess trying potassium is not going to help my cramps. Thank You, you saved me 30 bucks.

madman

Super Moderator
There seems to be several types of Potassium supplements,
Potassium chloride
Potassium phosphate
Potassium gluconate
Potassium citrate
Potassium aspartate
Potassium bicarbonate

I've been getting muscle cramps when I do a hard stretch or flex mu muscles. I though I had this fixed several months ago by adding 200mg of Magnesium Citrate to my daily supplements. So I though I'd try some potassium only to discover so many types.
If you know the differences in these and can make a suggestion that would be great.

Stay away from potassium supplements and if you are eating a lot of vegetables/fruits (i think you are avoiding for now?)/meat, fowl, fish, seafood than you will be getting more than enough.

I medium potato/sweet potato with skin has tons of potassium more than a banana and salmon/squash/spinach have high amounts.

madman

Super Moderator
Of course make sure you are hydrated and adding a little sea or himalayan salt to 1 L water and have pre/intra/post workout will help as too low sodium in not good either.

I almost forgot do you supplement with boron, supposedly Boron helps with preventing muscle cramps. I supplement with 3 mg twice a day.

I used to take boron back when I was trying to control E2 with out a prescription AI. I may still have the bottle around. I'll give that a try. I may also need to stop the creatine I've read that gave you muscle cramps.

Stay away from potassium supplements and if you are eating a lot of vegetables/fruits (i think you are avoiding for now?)/meat, fowl, fish, seafood than you will be getting more than enough.

I medium potato/sweet potato with skin has tons of potassium more than a banana and salmon/squash/spinach have high amounts.

Of course make sure you are hydrated and adding a little sea or himalayan salt to 1 L water and have pre/intra/post workout will help as too low sodium in not good either.

Thanks Madman, I do have the pink salt but I don't use much. I try to stay away from extra salt on food. I also use the gatoraid type drinks during my workouts no specific brand whatever is on sale at the grocery store. In that gym drink I also add my NO stack and one packet of Emergen-C 1000mg.

Vince

Super Moderator
I used to take boron back when I was trying to control E2 with out a prescription AI. I may still have the bottle around. I'll give that a try. I may also need to stop the creatine I've read that gave you muscle cramps.

I always used to supplement my creatine, I no longer do because it made my creatinine levels look high. It did help with me increasing my strength and also causing muscle cramps.

Gman86

Did the boron help at all with lowering E2? I just started taking boron to help with magnesium absorption and also hoping it lowers E2 a bit as well as lowers SHBG. As I’ve read in studies it can lower both.

As far as potassium, definitely get it through food. Potassium follows magnesium. You’re better off supplementing with magnesium, as everyone should, and just get potassium through diet. Avocados have a shit ton of potassium along with all the foods madman mentioned.

DragonBits

Did the boron help at all with lowering E2? I just started taking boron to help with magnesium absorption and also hoping it lowers E2 a bit as well as lowers SHBG. As I’ve read in studies it can lower both.

As far as potassium, definitely get it through food. Potassium follows magnesium. You’re better off supplementing with magnesium, as everyone should, and just get potassium through diet. Avocados have a shit ton of potassium along with all the foods madman mentioned.

I can tell you what happened with me taking 6-9 mg boron.

My TT went down from 390 >348, E2 went up from <5 to 11.1, FT went up from 5.5 > 7.5, Shbg went down from 40 > 36, PSA went down from 2.8 > 2.4 and CRP went down from 3.49 >2.0. This was on two blood tests about 10 weeks apart and the only change was boron. I took the second blood test because Defy wanted a more current test and wanted tests I didn't do the first time.

I will be going on TRT soon, so that will boost my Total Testosterone FT up.

I already took a lot of magnesium, but before boron I would get cramps doing ab crunches, now I don't. The magnesium really helped to stop random muscle cramps during the night, but I would still get them from ab crunches.

Boron is suppose to help you absorb
magnesium and calcium and help with Vitamin D and reduce CRP. I am thinking (speculating) there is more of a reaction if you already have good levels of magnesium, calcium, Vit D but are somewhat low on boron. So I would guess depending on individual levels of all of those, you will get a different degree of change.

Did the boron help at all with lowering E2? I just started taking boron to help with magnesium absorption and also hoping it lowers E2 a bit as well as lowers SHBG. As I've read in studies it can lower both.

Here was my blood test back then. I was doing TRT T mono (Testim 1% gel) with my PCP who admitted he has never treated someone with low T.
I was taking a slew of supplements to try and reduce my E2. If the interent said it reduced E2 I bought it. Not to mention eating broccoli cauliflower brussel sprouts every day.
None of it worked.
After this blood test I went to Defy was given an AI and in a matter of 10 days I felt so much better. Now there 20% T cream they gave me was a complete failure but my E2 was normal.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me