Recipe: Crispy, Baked Kale Chips

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Barry

Guilt-free, delicious and nutritious
No potato chip can beat this crispy snack — it’s not only scrumptious but also super-nutritious!
A serving only has 112 calories and 1 gram of saturated fat, and you get a whopping 309 percent of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamin A, 201 percent vitamin C, 14 percent calcium and 10 percent iron. Enjoy these tasty little numbers in good health.
Ingredients
6-8 cups chopped fresh kale, hard stems removed and no yellow leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
Preparation
Place a rack on the lowest shelf of your oven.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread kale out on a sturdy baking sheet.
Mix apple cider and olive oil together and drizzle over kale.
Toss to coat completely.
Place on the lowest rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and tumble so that kale can get crispy all over.
Bake additional 8 to 12 minutes or until kale is crispy. It should be just lightly browned and crispy to the touch.
If kale still bends (rather than crackles) when you touch it, it isn’t done yet. Return the tray to the oven. Turn down the heat if it is getting too brown. Continue cooking until crispy. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.
Nutrition information
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: 1.5 cups

Calories: 112
Total fat: 8g
Saturated fat: 1g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 280 mg
Total carbohydrate: 10 g
Dietary fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 3 g

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Cool idea. I am going to try this since I have not been able to start consuming Kale

"One cup of chopped kale contains 33 calories and 9% of the daily value of calcium, 206% of vitamin A, 134% of vitamin C, and a whopping 684% of vitamin K. It is also a good source of minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus.Kale's health benefits are primarily linked to the high concentration and excellent source of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and K -- and sulphur-containing phytonutrients.
Carotenoids and flavonoids are the specific types of antioxidants associated with many of the anti-cancer health benefits. Kale is also rich in the eye-health promoting lutein and zeaxanthin compounds.
Beyond antioxidants, the fiber content of cruciferous kale binds bile acids and helps lower blood cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease, especially when kale is cooked instead of raw."

Ref: The Truth About Kale

Dave Barry

Nelson,

As you know, kale is packed with vitamins and minerals. Therefore, I am going to post several more kale recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale