Influence of CAG Repeat Polymorphism on the Targets of Testosterone Action

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
It should be finally acknowledged that the AR CAG repeat polymorphism plays a role in testosterone replacement therapy of males with hypogonadotropic gonadism since shorter AR gene CAG tract lengths was found to yield greater metabolic improvement in response to testosterone administration.

Conclusion

*in 2015 a large body of evidence indicated an important role for AR CAG polymorphism in conditioning the peripheral effect of testosterone even if its contribution warrants further assessment because of the many controversial findings in each androgen-related action

*at present AR CAG polymorphism is not recommended in the routine setting however in the near future it could become of clinical relevance because of the theoretical possibility of identifying subjects more or less at risk for various disorders more or less responsive to testosterone treatment

*study of CAG repeat length could allow us to individually tailor testosterone replacement therapy as subjects with shorter CAG repeat could need lower doses of testosterone while men with longer repeats could require higher ones

Attachments

• IJE2015-298107.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Fascinating thread and explains why I need so little testosterone.

Indeed there is so much more research needed to be done in this area of polymorphism of the AR, AR DDS (density, distribution, sensitivity), and soon enough, it could very well have a significant impact on how men are treated regarding low testosterone and trt.

Much still to be learned!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching