1. #1

    Started my TRT journey on June 5 2018!

    Greeting ExcelCommunity,

    well, after researching TRT for about 4 years and now that I'm months away from 50 - I finally made the plunge and had my first shot this past Tuesday.

    I'm already pretty fit, 5'11, 190lb, 15% BF. I do HIT 2-3 a week and clock about 25km of running a week as well.

    So I am thankful that I am already healthy. That said, the advantages of TRT are simply too good to ignore, and if someone can enhance their well being further, why not ?

    I'm on two 40mg subQ self administered injections of Test Enanthate a week - so a total of 80mg a week. As mentioned in the title of this post, i injected on Tuesday, and frankly, don't feel anything different, but having reviewed the information on this site, it will take sometime.

    I plan to log my journey here on this site, under this thread so that we can all learn from each other.

    My next shot is tomorrow morning.

    Cheers

    Franky.

    PS Huge koodo's to Nelson V, for his work in this field, one of the giants.

  2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    51
    Help Excelmale

    Defy
     

  3. #2
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    7,503
    Congratulations on starting your new Journey. It would be really interesting to see your before labs. I'm wondering if you had a complete thyroid panel.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  4. #3
    Member madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyNoNose View Post
    Greeting ExcelCommunity,

    well, after researching TRT for about 4 years and now that I'm months away from 50 - I finally made the plunge and had my first shot this past Tuesday.

    I'm already pretty fit, 5'11, 190lb, 15% BF. I do HIT 2-3 a week and clock about 25km of running a week as well.

    So I am thankful that I am already healthy. That said, the advantages of TRT are simply too good to ignore, and if someone can enhance their well being further, why not ?

    I'm on two 40mg subQ self administered injections of Test Enanthate a week - so a total of 80mg a week. As mentioned in the title of this post, i injected on Tuesday, and frankly, don't feel anything different, but having reviewed the information on this site, it will take sometime.

    I plan to log my journey here on this site, under this thread so that we can all learn from each other.

    My next shot is tomorrow morning.

    Cheers

    Franky.

    PS Huge koodo's to Nelson V, for his work in this field, one of the giants.

    Did you have pre-trt lab work done and what were your reasons for starting therapy?

    You already staed that you are fit and healthy so if you do not have low testosterone along with symptoms than you are wasitng your time and shutting down your hpta for no reason!

  5. #4
    Member madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyNoNose View Post
    Greeting ExcelCommunity,

    well, after researching TRT for about 4 years and now that I'm months away from 50 - I finally made the plunge and had my first shot this past Tuesday.

    I'm already pretty fit, 5'11, 190lb, 15% BF. I do HIT 2-3 a week and clock about 25km of running a week as well.

    So I am thankful that I am already healthy. That said, the advantages of TRT are simply too good to ignore, and if someone can enhance their well being further, why not ?

    I'm on two 40mg subQ self administered injections of Test Enanthate a week - so a total of 80mg a week. As mentioned in the title of this post, i injected on Tuesday, and frankly, don't feel anything different, but having reviewed the information on this site, it will take sometime.

    I plan to log my journey here on this site, under this thread so that we can all learn from each other.

    My next shot is tomorrow morning.

    Cheers

    Franky.

    PS Huge koodo's to Nelson V, for his work in this field, one of the giants.

    You state "the advantages of TRT are simply too good to ignore, and if someone can enhance their well being further, why not?

    Sure for someone who has low testosterone and is experiencing symptoms along with blood work showing there is an issue.

    As for a healthy individual with good natural endogenous levels.....NOT SO MUCH!

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    8
    Hey Madman,

    yes.. I have lab work.

    Blood work:

    total Test: 22.4 nmol/L Range: 8.4 - 28.8
    Free Test: 274 pmol/L Range: 196-636
    Estradial-17 BETA: 104 pmol/L Range: < 162


    from Urine work:

    bioavailable test: 6.7 nmol/l range: 3.6 to 11.2
    SHBG: 72 .7 nmol/L range: 10 -70


    I don't get erections like I used to and rely on cialis, so I would like to take care of that and improve my health.


    Comments welcome

  7. #6
    Member madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyNoNose View Post
    Hey Madman,

    yes.. I have lab work.

    Blood work:

    total Test: 22.4 nmol/L Range: 8.4 - 28.8
    Free Test: 274 pmol/L Range: 196-636
    Estradial-17 BETA: 104 pmol/L Range: < 162


    from Urine work:

    bioavailable test: 6.7 nmol/l range: 3.6 to 11.2
    SHBG: 72 .7 nmol/L range: 10 -70


    I don't get erections like I used to and rely on cialis, so I would like to take care of that and improve my health.


    Comments welcome



    I see now even though your total t levels are good your free t levels are lowish due to your absurdly high shbg.

    In your first post you did not mention any negtive issues regarding low t and stated that you were healthy/fit.

    The estradiol test is the wrong one you had the standard assay meant for women and need to look into getting the e2 (sensitive assay) which is now available in Canada in certain provinces as your lab ranges look familiar to me (Canadian lab ranges).

    Welcome and best of luck on starting your new journey!

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    8
    Thanks for the heads up on the E2, MM.

  9. #8
    Member madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyNoNose View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the E2, MM.


    https://www.dynacare.ca/specialpages...=ont&st=&sa=e&

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    8
    Second subQ shot this morning, with 30 gauge insulin needle. Easy. Not feeling anything yet - but not really expecting to.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    8
    Ending week 2. Fourth shot of 40mg of T enanthate. Not feeling anything yet. Still early days.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyNoNose View Post
    Ending week 2. Fourth shot of 40mg of T enanthate. Not feeling anything yet. Still early days.
    High SHBG may require larger, less frequent doses. You'll find out...all the best!
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  13. #12
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    7,503
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    High SHBG may require larger, less frequent doses. You'll find out...all the best!
    I would have to agree with CW, with that high of shbg you should probably only inject once a week.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  14. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I would have to agree with CW, with that high of shbg you should probably only inject once a week.

    Thanks guys, I thought it was better to inject twice a week to avoid large peeks and troughs in levels. Should I just up my overall weekly dose from 80mg to 100mg? I would still like very much to avoid the peeks and troughs. Also could it be that subQ is not working for me ?

  15. #14
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    7,503
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyNoNose View Post
    Thanks guys, I thought it was better to inject twice a week to avoid large peeks and troughs in levels. Should I just up my overall weekly dose from 80mg to 100mg? I would still like very much to avoid the peeks and troughs. Also could it be that subQ is not working for me ?
    My testosterone comes in grapeseed oil, cottonseed is much thicker. I don't know what type of oil you're using, but I inject with a easy touch 29 gauge half inch syringe for a shallow IM. Almost pain free and super easy, I inject my shoulders and VG. It took me some time to get comfortable injecting in the VG but it was worth the effort.

    Best Injection site, no aspiration needed, avoids all nerves

    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...ids-all-nerves
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyNoNose View Post
    Thanks guys, I thought it was better to inject twice a week to avoid large peeks and troughs in levels. Should I just up my overall weekly dose from 80mg to 100mg? I would still like very much to avoid the peeks and troughs. Also could it be that subQ is not working for me ?
    One's SHBG level is the critical variable in protocol design. The higher that value, and you report a significantly elevated SHBG, the more likely it is that larger/less frequent injections will be needed to overcome the impediment that your SHBG is presenting. Peaks and troughs? Forty milligrams twice a week may well be binding itself and having no overall impact on your health. I would be interested in what caused your doctor to design the current protocol for you.

    All that said, it's early. You're running a marathon and not a sprint. Six weeks before your serum levels tell the tale.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  17. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    One's SHBG level is the critical variable in protocol design. The higher that value, and you report a significantly elevated SHBG, the more likely it is that larger/less frequent injections will be needed to overcome the impediment that your SHBG is presenting. Peaks and troughs? Forty milligrams twice a week may well be binding itself and having no overall impact on your health. I would be interested in what caused your doctor to design the current protocol for you.

    All that said, it's early. You're running a marathon and not a sprint. Six weeks before your serum levels tell the tale.

    Thank you CW. How much of an impediment is a high SHBG value to TRT ? I'm starting to worry. Also read that Boron may lower this.

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyNoNose View Post
    Thank you CW. How much of an impediment is a high SHBG value to TRT ? I'm starting to worry. Also read that Boron may lower this.
    What is it that you are worrying about? I'm not being snide, just want to help you focus on what may be reasonable to question and what may be an overactive imagination at the start of your treatment (something we all are prone to in the early stages). SHBG is a given. You play the card you're dealt. A capable doctor realizes that and works with you to design a protocol that will succeed with the SHBG value you have. In my case, it's low and I inject 16mg testosterone enanthate every day with great success. A higher level, and yours is very high, is like a blinking light calling for more testosterone less often. Again, what did your doctor discuss with you when your current protocol was established?
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  19. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    What is it that you are worrying about? I'm not being snide, just want to help you focus on what may be reasonable to question and what may be an overactive imagination at the start of your treatment (something we all are prone to in the early stages). SHBG is a given. You play the card you're dealt. A capable doctor realizes that and works with you to design a protocol that will succeed with the SHBG value you have. In my case, it's low and I inject 16mg testosterone enanthate every day with great success. A higher level, and yours is very high, is like a blinking light calling for more testosterone less often. Again, what did your doctor discuss with you when your current protocol was established?
    From memory, the SHBG value was noted. Not much more. I guess I'm not that worried. My thinking is that less frequent injections with a larger dose sounds like larger peaks and deeper troughs, leading me to be concerned about E2 conversion on the peaks and crashing on the troughs, which overall sounds less desirable than stabler levels.

  20. #19
    Junior Member Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    44
    I started mine earlier this year and I've never felt better! Still tweaking things, but it changed my life. Good luck!

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyNoNose View Post
    From memory, the SHBG value was noted. Not much more. I guess I'm not that worried. My thinking is that less frequent injections with a larger dose sounds like larger peaks and deeper troughs, leading me to be concerned about E2 conversion on the peaks and crashing on the troughs, which overall sounds less desirable than stabler levels.
    You will know at the six week mark. All the best!

    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Started my journey. Thank you.
    By Reason in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-15-2018, 05:43 PM
  2. Blood Test At Seven Weeks After Starting TRT On March 5th 2018
    By medvetz63 in forum Blood Test Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2018, 08:18 AM
  3. My journey with TRT
    By Hanger in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2018, 01:47 PM
  4. Hello! - My TRT Journey
    By trtnoobie in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-29-2017, 02:00 PM
  5. TRT - What Has the Journey Been Like?
    By AntCon in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-08-2017, 10:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •