Primary or Seconday?

Hi everyone,

Iíve recently been offered testosterone by my urologist. Iím 30 yo and concerned about future furtility. When I inquired about HCG/Clomid, he told me neither would be effective at raising me to optimal levels because Iím primary.

Here are my initial lab results:
    Total Testosterone: 357 (250-827)
    Free testosterone: 66 (35-155)
    LH: 5.5. (1.6-8.0)
    FSH: 13.7 H (1.5-9.3)

Why is he saying this when my LH is midrange? Is FSH a better indicator of testicular function?

Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Looks to me like your primary. Have you had a testicle injury?
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

You're primary based on what you posted. Problem is the testes. I disagree with your Dr about HCG, though. I think he's probably right about Clomid not having a great chance for you. But you should be on HCG whether primary or secondary.

Testicular function is low, LH is midrange and testosterone is low. Your require more testing before you begin TRT, you're missing SHBG and E2 sensitive. Now is the time to freeze sperm, future fertility looks bad.

Thanks for the reply. Iíve never had a testicular injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Systemlord View Post
    Testicular function is low, LH is midrange and testosterone is low. Your require more testing before you begin TRT, you're missing SHBG and E2 sensitive. Now is the time to freeze sperm, future fertility looks bad.
    Yeah, my urologist wants me tested and sperm frozen if Iím fertile, which he thinks I may not be with that FSH.

E2 Sensitive: 19
    SHGB: 28

I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post
    Yeah, my urologist wants me tested and sperm frozen if I’m fertile, which he thinks I may not be with that FSH.

E2 Sensitive: 19
    SHGB: 28
    Im that case you should start out injecting 50mg twice weekly after you freeze some sperm and an AI shouldn't be given unless there is a need.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Carter View Post
    You're primary based on what you posted. Problem is the testes. I disagree with your Dr about HCG, though. I think he's probably right about Clomid not having a great chance for you. But you should be on HCG whether primary or secondary.
    My urologist doesn’t want to incorporate it because he believes it causes more problems than it solves. I really don’t want my already well below average testicles to atrophy, but after reading about the estradiol issues it can create, I see his point.

Thread Information