First Blood Test - High SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

Spartan725

I just started researching about TRT because I was experiencing symptoms related to it. I was feeling tired all the time, moody, and seemed to have a low libido. I decided to get my blood work done and surprisingly my total and free T seemed at the higher end of the scale, but my SHBG was very high also. From the research I've done I can't seem to find information on having a high free T and SHBG since they seem to have an inverse correlation. From my understanding a high SHBG can cause similar symptoms of low T, so I am wondering if that is what I am experiencing. I was hoping to get some more insight on the high level of SHBG, and if it is something I need to look into more, or if it seems normal compared to my other results. I would appreciate any help, Thanks!

Test - Result - (Range)

Free T4 Index - 2.6 - (1.4 - 3.8)
T3 Uptake - 31% - (22 - 35)
T3 Free - 3.0 pg/mL - (2.3 - 4.2)
T4 - 8.4 mcg/dL - (4.5 - 12.0)
T4 Free - 1.2 ng/dL (0.8 - 1.8)
TSH - 2.20 mIU/L - (0.4 - 4.5)
Insulin - 3.0 uIU/mL - (2.0 - 19.6)
Cortisol A.M. - 14.9 mcg/dL - ??
Growth Hormone - 0.1 ng/mL - (< OR = 7.1)
IGF 1 LC/MS - 177 ng/mL - (63 - 373)
Z - Score - 0.2 - (-2.0 - +2.0)
DHEA Sulfate - 266 mcg/dL - (85 - 690)
Estradiol - 24 pg/mL - (< OR = 39)
Free Testosterone - 112.5 pg/mL - (35 - 155)
FSH - 1.8 mIU/mL - (1.6 - 8.0)
LH - 3.6 mIU/ML - (1.5 - 9.3)
SHBG - 66 nmol/L - (10 - 50)
Total Testosterone - 936 ng/dL - (250 - 1100)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Rockyo317

Damm Im Having The Same Problem With All! Just Got My Labs Done and posted the on a excisting page I Was Coresponding with memmbers on another page yesterday but no responces yet! Im gonna put mine up too! And see if anybody can help on here and give some good info from anybody! I feel like Crap myself all the Same systems and more

Spartan725

Thank you for the response Vince! I just read the article and will try to implement some of these solutions. I have been supplementing with 5,000 IU of D3 daily for years now, but will probably bump it up to 10,000 IU now. Unfortunately I’m not able to get outside in the sun much due to my schedule so maybe my D3 levels are low. I have my annual physical in 2 weeks so I will have my doctor check my levels. When you say to take zinc balance is that the supplement by Jarrow Formulas? Or would any zinc supplement be beneficial, like ZMA? Again, thank you for your help!

Systemlord

Definitely having a problem with SHBG binding up all available testosterone. Free T is 1.48 % below the 2-3 percent which is where you want it. Dr Crisler has stated that there's a variability in the stickiness of SHBG from person to person, some mens SHBG grabs onto more testosterone than other guys. I've heard of guys with higher SHBG than yours and have no symptoms so a comparison will be difficult.

Thyroid looks alright, maybe a little bit of iodine deficiency. Would have been nice to see Reverse T3 or antibodies.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thank you for the response Vince! I just read the article and will try to implement some of these solutions. I have been supplementing with 5,000 IU of D3 daily for years now, but will probably bump it up to 10,000 IU now. Unfortunately I'm not able to get outside in the sun much due to my schedule so maybe my D3 levels are low. I have my annual physical in 2 weeks so I will have my doctor check my levels. When you say to take zinc balance is that the supplement by Jarrow Formulas? Or would any zinc supplement be beneficial, like ZMA? Again, thank you for your help!
I'm referring to Jarrow Zinc Balance.

HOW TO TREAT ELEVATED SHBG

1.Remove any of the agents or treat the condition, which lead to elevated SHBG. In some cases it may be difficult to identify the cause of elevated SHBG.

2.Use anti-aromatase meds such as Anastrazole, Letrazol, if E2 is elevated,

3.Stop smoking and/or abusing alcohol,

4.Increase protein intake, if low. Avoid soy, which is an incomplete protein,

5.Avoid plant estrogenic herbs and foods,

6.Use androgens like natural T if medically indicated,

7.Increase intake of Omega-3 fish oils (EPA/DHA) consumption to about EPA=1.2 to 1.4 gram and DHA= 1.0 to 2 gram

8.Nettle root (Ulrica urens) in highly concentrated extracts can be effective in binding to SHBG and thereby displacing T and DHT from SHBG and into the free form for cell use. Potent Nettle root concentrates also can act as a 5-alpha reluctance inhibitor, which can partially inhibit the conversion of T to DHT and overall decrease SHBG levels.

9.Artificial progesterones like Norgestrol, Noresthisterone can reduce SHBG. That is bad idea since these androgenic like progestin's can lower the good HDL cholesterol and produce negative mood effects in men.

Note from Nelson: Danazol is also prescribed off label by some doctors to lower SHBG.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?3484-How-to-lower-your-sex-hormone-binding-globulin

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me