Thyroid meds from india?

Buy Lab Tests Online

buggies100

My nest buddy is in air force, reserves now after years of active duty. He is in need of meds for hypothroid, t3 and t4,something like armor. Problem is he will have to get a medical waiver to do it and stay in reserves. Problem with that is it is a 5 year backlog for waiver. So he would be grounded for 5 years, essentially killing his career. Apparently active members ar much quicker, thank goodness.
So, i ma wondering if he can get it from allday hmist, reliable rx or one of the others. I know little about thyroid side of things. Is there an option from India?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I've bought 100 tablets of Tiromel 25 mcg (synthetic T3) from reliable rx, I believe the cost was $51.00.

Vince

Super Moderator
Of course I have. As i stated i know little about thyroid meds so i do not know the names of the meds. Thus my question

I believe it would be easier to just use synthetic T4 and synthetic T3, he could run Labs through discount labs. Of course you would not want to over medicate and go from hypo to hyper.

buggies100

I believe it would be easier to just use synthetic T4 and synthetic T3, he could run Labs through discount labs. Of course you would not want to over medicate and go from hypo to hyper.

We have run labs, due back this week. His previous military labs have consistently been high tsh. This time we ran all the other stuff. The labs can be kept off the radar, meds or even dr diagnosis will be on his record.

Vince

Super Moderator
We have run labs, due back this week. His previous military labs have consistently been high tsh. This time we ran all the other stuff. The labs can be kept off the radar, meds or even dr diagnosis will be on his record.

As you know we have some really good thyroid members here, they will definitely help. I hope when you get his labs that you post them.

OMI100

Hmmmmm
Have you and your friend done ALL the research you can?
If not, spend some time here and get a few books before you all jump off into the deep end of the pool:
https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/
Spend time here and get the 2 books, STTM: The Revised Book and STTM II: Authored by Doctors.
http://www.tiredthyroid.com/
Great simple to understand articles.
Get her book.... Tired Thyroid: From Hyper to Hypo to Healing—Breaking the TSH Rule, https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?as...Id=AEQJS9GNNT48Y9NG87QV&reshareChannel=system
https://hypothyroidmom.com/
Good info here
https://www.restartmed.com/?s=thyroid
A LOT of good articles and a youtube page.
Spend time here looking around and reading after getting labs back.
Others may post other good reference sites or books.

Last edited:

Mr. T

Good advice here and hopefully some of the other thyroid gurus will weigh in.

Meds and diagnosis can be kept off-record by paying cash to a medical provider (in person or via telemedicine like Defy) and to the associated pharmacy for meds.

Don't use insurance, just don't do it. The current state of technology (I see civilian doctors and military doctors) is that the records and labwork are not available between systems to the providers - but the insurance company does have a record of the meds and visits.

My concerns, being retired military, are:
- whether treating this will have unintended consequences - e.g. will other labs be affected that might raise flags (TSH, bp, physicals, etc.)
- will there be any military reprisals?
- what happens if he is deployed - will meds be available?
- Is a medical retirement/discharge possible?

Another solution that could be "ok" if real meds aren't involved...

I'm no thyroid expert, but there are some "real" over-the-counter (i.e. not just the run-of-the-mill "thyroid support" stuff) listed here in green: https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/armour-vs-other-brands/

On an n=1 note, I have recently started taking Thyro-Gold (in addition to NDT) and it seems to be working. More info on the amounts of T3 and T4 for that one here: http://www.pauljonesblog.com/2015/09/06/the-amount-of-t3-and-t4-in-thyro-gold/ and here: http://www.pauljonesblog.com/2016/05/23/thyro-gold-faq/

There is a conversion calculator here: http://thyroidconvert.com/

buggies100

Orrin, We ordered TSH, free t3 and free t4.
Thanks for all of the info, I have been reading it all trying to understand. My wife is a nurse practitioner as well , so that helps.
Vince I will for sure post labs for discussion. He last had labs done thru military a few years back and his TSH was over 8.00 He does struggle with weight loss, fatigue and loosing thought or word mid sentence some times.
MrT, I believe he will be afraid that any dr visit will result in military finding out. Apparently over the last couple of years something has changed and they have access to all your medical records. Can you really see Defy or somebody like that and it not show up in your medical record. I did not think that possible at all, even if cash payment. I am quite sure if you get a med through a script it will show up. I am not sure how the inefficient military machine works, he has 27 years in both active and reserves, so I trust he knows better than me!! LOL

Blackhawk

TSH, T3 and T4 will get you started but won't be the whole story. You might want to add RT3, TPO antibodies and Thyroglobulin antibodies. An iron panel and ferritin are also pertinent.

OMI100

Orrin, We ordered TSH, free t3 and free t4.
Thanks for all of the info, I have been reading it all trying to understand. My wife is a nurse practitioner as well , so that helps.
Vince I will for sure post labs for discussion. He last had labs done thru military a few years back and his TSH was over 8.00 He does struggle with weight loss, fatigue and loosing thought or word mid sentence some times.
MrT, I believe he will be afraid that any dr visit will result in military finding out. Apparently over the last couple of years something has changed and they have access to all your medical records. Can you really see Defy or somebody like that and it not show up in your medical record. I did not think that possible at all, even if cash payment. I am quite sure if you get a med through a script it will show up. I am not sure how the inefficient military machine works, he has 27 years in both active and reserves, so I trust he knows better than me!! LOL
Nope.... Need more test....
Read here:
http://www.tiredthyroid.com/what-labs.html
and here:
https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/recommended-labwork/
and here:
https://www.restartmed.com/thyroid-tests/
and here:
https://www.restartmed.com/hormone-testing/

buggies100

Yes Orrin I know we need more, especially kw that I have read so much info, thanks for the links. Unfortunately we will ne limited to what teste he can get at discounted labs. Any ultrasound, physical exam, or biopsy will require a Dr and thus a medical paper trail and likely problems with command for him. Os we will start with what we drew bloods for and if problems go from there

Mr. T

MrT, I believe he will be afraid that any dr visit will result in military finding out. Apparently over the last couple of years something has changed and they have access to all your medical records. Can you really see Defy or somebody like that and it not show up in your medical record. I did not think that possible at all, even if cash payment. I am quite sure if you get a med through a script it will show up.

My experience, and I've seen a lot of doctors - on-base military (free), civilian (Tricare), and civilian (cash) is that the military doctors do not have access to the civilian doctor's records and vice versa. The VA does not even have access to military records without consent. And of course, civilians do not have access to military records or other civilian provider's records without a signed consent.

It can be a nuisance for typical patients because one has to get copies of civilian labwork, procedures, etc. and take it to the military docs and vice versa if they do not want to repeat the tests. I recently had civilian X-Rays done through Tricare ordered by my military-referred civilian doc that I will take to a military surgeon tomorrow. They are not able to access these records otherwise and I do not need more radiation.

I also make sure to send copies to my cash, telemedicine TRT provider, since they do not have access to these records either.

As far as insurance goes, Tricare does have a record of approved civilian doctor visits for which they pay - this is because they must issue a referral prior to the visit. As far as what information they have, I can only speculate. Their only interest is in whether a visit is approved and getting reimbursed for the copay. I'm fairly certain they do not have, nor care, about the visit reports, results, etc, but will find out for certain today.

I have requested many copies of my records over the years - but have always done this directly through the base (military) or the doctors (civilian) - never through military insurance or civilian insurance (when I used that).

As far as paying cash, there is no record of those visits. However, there can be an indirect record of it, typically in yet a different system. For example, if a cash provider writes a prescription for a controlled substance like Testosterone Cypionate, that will show up somewhere (to prevent duplicate prescriptions). I'm not sure about things like thyroid meds, but will find out for sure tomorrow.

When I see a military provider, they always provide a list of medicines I am on - this list is extremely outdated and laughable - it would be dangerous if anyone actually used it. They ask if it is up-to-date and to make any corrections. I make the corrections and give it back to them. The next time I go, none of the corrections are in the system - it's the same old list.

I am seeing a military surgeon tomorrow, so I will report back if the NDT and/or Test Cyp prescribed by my cash provider is on the list.

Mr. T

Yesterday, I called the insurance company that handles the military and asked for my civilian office visit records, lab work, and test results for the past 3 months. As expected, they do not have them and cannot access them. The representative said that I would have to contact the provider to get copies of those records.

I asked what they get when I see a provider and she said that they only receive the billing codes submitted by the doctor's office.

More tomorrow on whether cash-paid civilian prescriptions show up in the military system.

just from my ~27 years in DoD, active 13 years Air Force and now Army Civilian, I can't fathom any way in which mil is going to know anything unless he divulges it. None of that we're talking about here would show in a urinalysis and even presuming as much we're talking therapeutic levels that even in a blood test in primary care would show "normal" levels.
I know a couple of guys flying under the radar, paying cash with Defy and there's little concern by them that I'm aware one, one of the guys atleast used to frequent this forum but I haven't seen him in awhile.
Jsut saying that some of his concerns are fine but they're not necessarily warranted.

Something you could suggest is supplements, theres the big three in Thyroid: Iodine, Selenium 200-400mcg/D, and Zinc 30-60mg/D
Might be the safer route if there's genuine concern.

buggies100

Mr T thanks flr checking i look forward to what you find out at next level
vince carter, i feel you are probably correct in your assesment of the situation. Unfortunately my bud is straigjt laced and scared to death. Said about a year ago private medical records are now available to military dr. Like they woild ever check anyway. Your suggestion of the supplements are probably where we will land. Drew labs last friday at lab corp. Should have back later this week. I will post results

thank you all for yoir input

I know it seemed like they wanted to get me to piss hot at one-time, I'd go for years not getting popped on a random and then one time they had me pissing every month for six months straight. It's nerve-wracking because that's career ending to come up hot for anything at all. I was clean and not doing a thing at all which made it all kind of comical but by the 4/56 month mark it wasn't funny any more.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me