New Member With Low T and Some Questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

callebs

Hey all, new member here, 55 years old.

After experiencing a host of symptoms (brain fog, fatigue, anxiety, depression) and being told by three doctors that my regular blood work and tests showed everything to be "normal," I did some research on my own and requested a testosterone level test myself (none of the doctors did), and sure enough my levels showed 236, 129 and 136 on three different tests. I've been referred to a urologist, but from what I've been hearing they don't always know the best treatment for low T, and often start with a dose of 200 mg every two weeks, resulting in crashes because of the short half life. If the doctor I see suggests this, should I ask him about weekly (or more frequent) injections, or just go to another source? (I am considering Defy Medical since they seem to know their stuff from what I've heard.)

Also, I've never really liked needles but will gladly inject if it means feeling better. If weekly shots work I would stick with that, but I hear a lot of guys are doing it every 3.5 days. Is there a happy medium between the two -- say, an appropriate dose every 5 days that's an equivalent dose? I went to Low T Center and considered going with them, but the nearest office is 90 minutes away and they want you to come in for the injection. Also concerning was the fact that they were ready to start TRT after two blood tests that showed low total T, with no other blood work, whereas Defy requires an comprehensive test (which makes them seem more knowledgeable than Low T Center to me).

I considered trying gels first because a couple of people said they work great for them, but the vast majority seem to think injections are the only real way to go. I've read so much over the past month that it's a bit overwhelming, and the idea of being on TRT for life is scary for someone who's never had any real health problems in 55 years, but my quality of life right now is terrible, so I'm pretty sure TRT is going to be my only choice.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I bet once you learn to inject with an easy touch 27g half inch syringe your fear will be gone. Personally I don't like gels, I would be afraid of contaminating my lover and my grandkids.
One thing I've been telling members First get up complete thyroid panel with reverse T3. If your levels aren't optimal correct them, then do a new to testosterone panel and start from there.

can cytomel by itself be used to treat hypothyroidism

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...mel-by-itself-be-used-to-treat-hypothyroidism

Kirk001

I'm in a similar boat to you in that I'm new to this and probably going to start treatment soon. One other thing to consider is HCG. From what I've read, your urologist is probably not going to script HCG and I'm not sure whether those low-T centers do or not. And also from what I've read, I do not want to go on testosterone alone without HCG.

Partially that has to do with preserving fertility (I'm 39), and at 55 you may not be concerned with that, but it's more than that as well. "Back-filling the pathways" as Dr. Chrisler calls it, and preventing major shrinkage of the testicles. So even though I could probably go through a urologist under my insurance plan, I decided to just go with Defy from the start.

callebs

I know there is another thread here about HCG and whether it has helped others, or if it just provided cosmetic benefits. (Some even claimed they felt better when they didn't take HCG.) I think I would want to take it to keep my body producing T, so in case I had to discontinue TRT for some reason I would still have a baseline to return to, even though it would be low. I didn't remember them discussing HCG at Low T Center. I think I am going to go ahead and schedule blood work and a consultation with Defy, since they seem to be the most thorough of all the companies I've researched, and I would like to know my levels of T, DHEA, LH, SHBG, etc. before starting treatment, which are included in their labs.

I'm in a similar boat to you in that I'm new to this and probably going to start treatment soon. One other thing to consider is HCG. From what I've read, your urologist is probably not going to script HCG and I'm not sure whether those low-T centers do or not. And also from what I've read, I do not want to go on testosterone alone without HCG.

Partially that has to do with preserving fertility (I'm 39), and at 55 you may not be concerned with that, but it's more than that as well. "Back-filling the pathways" as Dr. Chrisler calls it, and preventing major shrinkage of the testicles. So even though I could probably go through a urologist under my insurance plan, I decided to just go with Defy from the start.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been using HCG since I started my testosterone treatments, a little over three and a half years ago. I have kept my same HCG protocol throughout the years. 500 IU of HCG every three and a half days, has kept my boys nice and full.

madman

Super Moderator
I know there is another thread here about HCG and whether it has helped others, or if it just provided cosmetic benefits. (Some even claimed they felt better when they didn't take HCG.) I think I would want to take it to keep my body producing T, so in case I had to discontinue TRT for some reason I would still have a baseline to return to, even though it would be low. I didn't remember them discussing HCG at Low T Center. I think I am going to go ahead and schedule blood work and a consultation with Defy, since they seem to be the most thorough of all the companies I've researched, and I would like to know my levels of T, DHEA, LH, SHBG, etc. before starting treatment, which are included in their labs.

Major shrinkage of the testes is rare using trt doses and as far as hcg use back filling the pathways it has never been proven.

Unless one wants to prevent fertility issues/minor testicular shrinkage than hcg use is not a must.

You need to try it for yourself and see how it effects you.

Personally I would start a trt protocol without it for the first few months to truly see how testosterone use only effects your total t/free t levels and e2 along with overall well being before adding in hcg.

Many feel that hcg use on trt is beneficial where as others feel nothing or worse.

Everyone will react differently as intra-individual variability is a big factor in how one responds to a protocol whether testosterone is used solely or hcg is added.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me