machine routine when you have L5 S1 bulging disc?

Buy Lab Tests Online

masfield

I am 63 and have an L5 S1 bulging disc that isn't, i don't think, herniated yet but i don't have another spine dr's appointment until mid next month. the pain from this thing is tremendous when i first wake but gets somewhat better during the day. so far, it's only in my back and isn't radiating down my leg.

i'm looking for a machine-only routine to do that's not going to aggravate my lower back. i need to do something. i haven't been doing a thing for six months and i'm getting porky like no one's business. thoughts?

a few facts. i have extremely weak legs due to muscle atrophy caused by a disease called cidp (kind of like ms without the cognitive involvement [so far]). i'm under care with defy medical, on a protocol consisting of testosterone, nandrolone and hcg, the point of which is to try to slow the atrophy.

i really need to start working out, like, tomorrow, even if it's at the most basic level, which is where i probably belong anyway.

thanks for any suggestions you might have!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Hi Linter im 64, have you ever looked into the peptide BPC157? just asking.

I have lower back pain and weakness There is no way I can do the big 3 because of it. I just love the lat pulldown cable machine. With different handles you can get your lats bi and tri. For chest I use the incline chest press machine but I don't sit while performing the push my asss is off the seat and I am pinned against the back of the seat at the shoulderblades so no way to put pressure on my lower spine.

hth

Last edited:

Nashtide

I am 63 and have an L5 S1 bulging disc that isn't, i don't think, herniated yet but i don't have another spine dr's appointment until mid next month. the pain from this thing is tremendous when i first wake but gets somewhat better during the day. so far, it's only in my back and isn't radiating down my leg.

i'm looking for a machine-only routine to do that's not going to aggravate my lower back. i need to do something. i haven't been doing a thing for six months and i'm getting porky like no one's business. thoughts?

a few facts. i have extremely weak legs due to muscle atrophy caused by a disease called cidp (kind of like ms without the cognitive involvement [so far]). i'm under care with defy medical, on a protocol consisting of testosterone, nandrolone and hcg, the point of which is to try to slow the atrophy.

i really need to start working out, like, tomorrow, even if it's at the most basic level, which is where i probably belong anyway.

thanks for any suggestions you might have!
I sustained a burst fracture of L1 and had emergency surgery with several laminectomies and Harrington rods done 28 years ago. I also had significant spinal cord damage resulting in leg weakness. So, I use mostly machines along with some dumbbell work. Most good gyms have a variety of great machines. I find I can do any exercise as long as my back is supported. Best advice is to go slow and light and work your way to heavier lifts and more volume.

Hi Linter im 64, have you ever looked into the peptide BPC157? just asking.

I have lower back pain and weakness There is no way I can do the big 3 because of it. I just love the lat pulldown cable machine. With different handles you can get your lats bi and tri. For chest I use the incline chest press machine but I don't sit while performing the push my asss is off the seat and I am pinned against the back of the seat at the shoulderblades so no way to put pressure on my lower spine.

hth

FL makes a good suggestion. I have used BPC-157 and it helps, at least with my shoulder.

I'd suggest workouts with resistance bands. Stay away from that new X3 band program that's being hyped on the internet. It is too much like weights and you will get hurt. I use bands from resistancebandtraining.com. They work great, are inexpensive, and you have less chance of injury. It's all I use and have gotten real good gains. I'm 64, back is good, but numerous other injuries and surgeries. I began band training after a 3 tear rotator cuff repair in 2015. The physical therapist was using bands for rehab and it just made sense to see how far I could get with bands. FWIW, I am no a fan of going to the gym. I still work full time with a long commute and I like the freedom of being able to get a great workout whenever I want, pain free. I think that guys our ages can still do very well with training if we can do it pain free. Working out around old injuries and rehabbing becomes the name of the game.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me